Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noname12345

Chatty Member
Combined we have about £15,000 left every month but that's before putting money into my kids savings and solicitor fees (ongoing divorce 🤦🏻‍♀️)
Have a company so slightly different to most id imagine.
My husband and I combine bills/income and at present after household expenses we have a disposable income of around £7500 - that is before we put money in to our children’s savings accounts.

I have just quit my job as we are planning a move to the States as my husband has been offered an amazing. Job opportunity, however we do have the security that we have no mortgage and we both received trust funds so we are able to been extremely flexible when it comes to money/life style.
I don't know what you two do for a living, but I'm in a wrong job! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Holy heck that’s more than my partner earns in a year!!! Good for you though!

I’m nowhere near as much as others - currently around £500 a month but that’s because I don’t have to pay bills, rent etc. I try and save a good whack so I’m hoping I don’t have a big shock when I move out but I think I still will 😂
Ahh it's not all roses.
I work around 70/80 hour weeks sometimes, my partner works around the world and I'll be lucky to see him once a week sometimes.
I hardly ever see my children in the week.
It's horrible and we're in the process of making big decisions to either sell or make drastic changes.
All good and well having £15k disposable income but if you can't spend it on anything... Whats the point?
I'd happily swap to £1k left a month to be able to see may family every day.
❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Wow, I’m shocked people have so much disposable income I’ve got myself in a right mess with debts so my outgoings and income are about the same if not on the worse side of ideal

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Thetruth123

VIP Member
I’ve just gone on maternity leave and got all my maternity up front as well unused holiday as I don’t plan on going back that was. £7000 , will now be working for mine and my partners business , we have around £8000 disposable but we do more often than not just put unused money into our business bank account ! Very thankful after us both being teenage parents at 16 ....... 16 years later have accomplished and are comfortable.....there is light at the end of the tunnel I promise to anyone who is struggling, we had times where we couldn’t afford food , gas , electric ...... I remember having to ask the local shop for things on tick 🙁 but we pushed through and you can too ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Well reading this thread is like a punch in the stomach. We have absolutely nothing left after bills etc and we have to scrape by every month. Not sure where we’re going wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️😂😂
I’m a junior sister, husband works in IT and we have some months where we literally scrape by. This thread has made me miserable!

Reactions: 14

TommyTBFC

Absolutely gobsmacked at people disposable income after paying everything then acting so blasé about it “I have around £1400 every month spare” seriously, I don’t pull that home a month. I have literally £130 if I’m lucky left ever and have done for past 5 years! Plus I’ve got out of 6k debt with that aswell! This thread is like a kick in the stomach!

• Heart

karmadrama

Well reading this thread is like a punch in the stomach. We have absolutely nothing left after bills etc and we have to scrape by every month. Not sure where we’re going wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️😂😂

Maritxu1

Wow 😭

I barely make ends meet to be honest, I have no disposable income really, I struggle to pay my bills and usually something gets left unpaid. I work between 24-50 hours a week, 0 hours contract so it varies. I'm studying towards a degree with the open university though in the hopes of progressing my career and providing more for my family.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

KateESJ

VIP Member
-£275 this month🙃

Roll on pay day on Friday but I’ll be up shit creek again by Monday.

Reactions: 10

erin182

VIP Member
along all these threads I’ve found peoples financial situations really fascinating. Each month collectively we bring home about £4300ishhh(depending on my overtime/training pay) and I always felt pretty comfortable with that, it’s more than most of our friends our age. But it amazes me that people have posted saying thats what just one of them earn!!! Or that they save a few grand a month or have a few grand spare after bills...i try not to obsess over money but it does fascinate me sometimes
People could be telling porky pies 🤷‍♀️ Everyone is anonymous so can literally say whatever they want and why would anyone question it 😂

GossBoss

VIP Member
Wow, I’m shocked people have so much disposable income I’ve got myself in a right mess with debts so my outgoings and income are about the same if not on the worse side of ideal
Phew, someone on my wave length 🤔 I pretty much only break even most months unless I work overtime - which I do whenever possible just to help pay for treats etc.
It's my own fault as I have debts I'm paying off but I have a home, food and heating etc and run a car so I'm not complaining too much. Money isn't everything.

• Heart

erin182

VIP Member
Enjoy reading threads like this but hit the unwatch button when people start suggesting posters are lying. So pointless.
I’m not suggesting anyone in particular is lying, just wanted to remind people who are feeling shitty about someone’s 2 or 3k disposable income that they could be chatting out of their arse 🤷‍♀️ Not saying they are but there have been so many occasions on here where people are clearly not who they’re claiming to be! I’d just never take what anyone says on here as the gospel because it’s a gossip site full of random unknown individuals

Marie95

I didn't make this thread to make anyone feel uncomfortable and it was never ever my intention to make people upset. It was genuinely just curiosity that made me want to ask! Like I said, I may have more disposable income than most but I can guarantee that will change when I choose to start a family. It's fluctuated since I've been 18 and it just so happens that now I seem to have more than the 'norm' but I live at home so no rent/mortgage. I don't want anyone to feel rubbish and I'm sorry if this has happened. But like previously mentioned, you do have to take everything with a pinch of salt because some people may not be telling the whole truth! I admire the people being honest about their situation rather than the people who are trying to make it seem they have loads. Hope I haven't annoyed anyone by making this thread, I just saw another thread about how much debt people are in and was wondering where it left people in regards to disposable income etc.

Reactions: 9

Skyeball

Chatty Member
Crikey, nowhere near as much as some of you! I tell you what though, I'm happy for all of you doing well like that. Good on you!
I spent a lot of time when I was younger, wishing things were different and that I was better at everything, what a waste.
I'm old now and I'm in a different mindset. I'm all about that I'm safe where I live, and warm and full. I'm surrounded by mostly, happy kids and pets. And if you've got more than me, but you're decent to me then awesome. Let's have a chat.
If you've got a lot less than me, ok no probs, if you're decent to me, I'm decent to you. Fancy coming round for tea? (It's probably something crap like pasta bake 😂)
But come on down.
So, after bills, including cars and pet expenses it's around £600. £300 of it is saved. Other £300 is kids extra curricular activities and family holidays. Extra curricular arent too bad atm, because middle one has taken to school based clubs which are lovely (and free.)
That's coming out at £70 at the mo, excluding replacement uniforms, goggles etc..but that's not every month.

Reactions: 8

Avocadoontoast

I’m in a fortunate position but this post does seem very depressing, especially for those who are finding it hard!

MaeveWiley

I find threads like this fascinating too. I'd love to know everyones budgeting and saving tips lol.

I make around 6K a month. Give my parents 500, saving for a house deposit with 4K a month (I'm single and need a house near my job) and then put 500-1000 in general savings! So just depends really. I don't treat myself much. My clothes and makeup are expensive but I don't have much clothes. If I'm buying things its for my family/friends or else I am buying food etc for homeless families I know through volunteering. I'd rather spend my disposable income on helping families in need, so because I am in a position where I can do that and have more than enough for myself I will keep doing that.

Thats why with celebs and youtubers.. I just don't get it. How come Zoella, Louise etc don't do massive charity events or just say Louise does a book signing event why aren't some of them in aid of a charity?? Influencers are so fucking greedy. They get basically everything like meals out and new home decor for free why the fuck aren't they giving to people in need and using their platforms!!! I wish I could do more!

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
along all these threads I’ve found peoples financial situations really fascinating. Each month collectively we bring home about £4300ishhh(depending on my overtime/training pay) and I always felt pretty comfortable with that, it’s more than most of our friends our age. But it amazes me that people have posted saying thats what just one of them earn!!! Or that they save a few grand a month or have a few grand spare after bills...i try not to obsess over money but it does fascinate me sometimes

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
I feel awful that this has made some people upset! I just want to stress that I have practically zero outgoings- no children, no finances, no hobbies 😂 I work 12 hour shifts so I only work 3 days a week but I pretty much spend the other 4 days doing low cost things. I watch a lot of Netflix series(mainly because after 12 hour shifts I’m too tired to do anything!), I pick up cheap puzzles off facebay etc.., I walk my dog, or I go to the gym.. I inherently do these things from when I had such little money. So my outgoings are so low because I don’t have a life😂
I understand those who live with little disposable income, I see my sisters with children etc having to do the same. I’m sure my day will come 🤪

Reactions: 7