How much disposable income have you got after bills?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hardly anything! What always interests me the most is what people spend on their food shop a week. I’ve had to cut mine in half as if not I’m always in the red 👎🏻

Reactions: 1
After all bills including phone, petrol and food shopping I have around £350 a month spare. I usually have to spend it keeping us afloat as my husband is always skint. No idea what he does with his money.
I think this is what my husband says about me 😂😂😂

In fairness at the moment I'm stuck on SSP, so am about -300 a month which the poor husband is subsidising. Usually I have around 250 spare each month, and I couldn't tell you what it goes on.

We keep all our money separate, as a couple of yrs ago I got into some financial tit that he had to bail me out of. So no financial links so I don't taint his credit rating.

So now he pays the rent/council tax and I pay all other bills (he earns double what I do). Not everyone's cup of tea but works for us.

Reactions: 3
Ive just worked it out and realistically I have about £80 disposable a month but I always go over. We are on a strict budget this year though as we are saving for a holiday

Absolutely gobsmacked at people disposable income after paying everything then acting so blasé about it “I have around £1400 every month spare” seriously, I don’t pull that home a month. I have literally £130 if I’m lucky left ever and have done for past 5 years! Plus I’ve got out of 6k debt with that aswell! This thread is like a kick in the stomach!
Me too!

along all these threads I’ve found peoples financial situations really fascinating. Each month collectively we bring home about £4300ishhh(depending on my overtime/training pay) and I always felt pretty comfortable with that, it’s more than most of our friends our age. But it amazes me that people have posted saying thats what just one of them earn!!! Or that they save a few grand a month or have a few grand spare after bills...i try not to obsess over money but it does fascinate me sometimes
People could be telling porky pies 🤷‍♀️ Everyone is anonymous so can literally say whatever they want and why would anyone question it 😂

Reactions: 10
I think it depends how you describe disposable- I personally wouldn’t include food/petrol because they are necessities!! And I also budget for other transport (train) food at lunch time (I work in London) so after everything I budget for is paid I have about £900 I try to save £300 but always end up dipping into it. I’m getting better at spending less but I buy mindlessly and have been in a lot of debt in the past with emotional spending.

Reactions: 4
Enjoy reading threads like this but hit the unwatch button when people start suggesting posters are lying. So pointless.

I work part time on my own business... The profit isn’t huge. My husband works long hours. We have our own house. We don’t drink, we don’t have take outs. I cook our meals from scratch and freeze a lot of home made cooking. we rarely go out as a couple. We don’t really socialize, suppose it sounds quite boring but that’s what we choose to do. we have two holidays abroad a year. We also have days out. We have children and they don’t go without and probably do have more than most kids do. We don’t have much change at the end of the month tbh.

Reactions: 6
I’ve just gone on maternity leave and got all my maternity up front as well unused holiday as I don’t plan on going back that was. £7000 , will now be working for mine and my partners business , we have around £8000 disposable but we do more often than not just put unused money into our business bank account ! Very thankful after us both being teenage parents at 16 ....... 16 years later have accomplished and are comfortable.....there is light at the end of the tunnel I promise to anyone who is struggling, we had times where we couldn’t afford food , gas , electric ...... I remember having to ask the local shop for things on tick 🙁 but we pushed through and you can too ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Enjoy reading threads like this but hit the unwatch button when people start suggesting posters are lying. So pointless.
I’m not suggesting anyone in particular is lying, just wanted to remind people who are feeling crappy about someone’s 2 or 3k disposable income that they could be chatting out of their arse 🤷‍♀️ Not saying they are but there have been so many occasions on here where people are clearly not who they’re claiming to be! I’d just never take what anyone says on here as the gospel because it’s a gossip site full of random unknown individuals

Reactions: 10
I didn't make this thread to make anyone feel uncomfortable and it was never ever my intention to make people upset. It was genuinely just curiosity that made me want to ask! Like I said, I may have more disposable income than most but I can guarantee that will change when I choose to start a family. It's fluctuated since I've been 18 and it just so happens that now I seem to have more than the 'norm' but I live at home so no rent/mortgage. I don't want anyone to feel rubbish and I'm sorry if this has happened. But like previously mentioned, you do have to take everything with a pinch of salt because some people may not be telling the whole truth! I admire the people being honest about their situation rather than the people who are trying to make it seem they have loads. Hope I haven't annoyed anyone by making this thread, I just saw another thread about how much debt people are in and was wondering where it left people in regards to disposable income etc.

Reactions: 9
I’m not suggesting anyone in particular is lying, just wanted to remind people who are feeling crappy about someone’s 2 or 3k disposable income that they could be chatting out of their arse 🤷‍♀️ Not saying they are but there have been so many occasions on here where people are clearly not who they’re claiming to be! I’d just never take what anyone says on here as the gospel because it’s a gossip site full of random unknown individuals
Very true. There’s always someone worst off or someone better off..that’s my moto

Hardly anything! What always interests me the most is what people spend on their food shop a week. I’ve had to cut mine in half as if not I’m always in the red 👎🏻
Yep I’m fascinated about the food shop as I am certain this is where we waste our money. I just don't know what normal would be?! I’m spending about £200 a week on a fam of four one fussy eater and one veggie

Yep I’m fascinated about the food shop as I am certain this is where we waste our money. I just don't know what normal would be?! I’m spending about £200 a week on a fam of four one fussy eater and one veggie

I’m trying to get my shop for the week down to £40 🙈 that includes 2 adults a baby and a cat. I think we’ve already failed as had to buy some bits I forgot already. It will most likely be £60 a week and that is an extreme cut down still for us.

I’m trying to get my shop for the week down to £40 🙈 that includes 2 adults a baby and a cat. I think we’ve already failed as had to buy some bits I forgot already. It will most likely be £60 a week and that is an extreme cut down still for us.
We have 2 adults and a 3 year old and we are prob down to £60 a week including stuff like loo roll and laundry detergent. It gets easier the longer you do it

We have 2 adults and a 3 year old and we are prob down to £60 a week including stuff like loo roll and laundry detergent. It gets easier the longer you do it
Ours is about 80 for 10/14 days. That's for 2 adults, 6 y/o and 6m baby (formula and weaning). Inc nappies and formula. Also loo roll and most of the cleaning products. I do mainly cook for scratch but we always have decent wholesome meals (meat too)
Have you tried aldi or lidl?
Oh and we normally eat out once a week and that not included in this.
Also dont let this thread get you down, people chat so much tit on here 💩🤥😹

Last edited:
I am currently not working but from my partners income, about 7,000 a month.

What we spend on groceries weekly really depends. Sometimes 150, other weeks closer to a 100.

I should add we have quite a lot left over as we do not have any children. We do have a dog but have to buy his food only once ever 5 weeks or so. And we allow ourselves to go out for dinner at least once a week. He started meal prepping his breakfasts and lunches for work which has saved us so much money, he also takes his own coffee so he isn't buying it. We always meal prep for dinner too which we find has been a huge money save and we never go grocery shopping without a list.

Reactions: 2
I find threads like this fascinating too. I'd love to know everyones budgeting and saving tips lol.

I make around 6K a month. Give my parents 500, saving for a house deposit with 4K a month (I'm single and need a house near my job) and then put 500-1000 in general savings! So just depends really. I don't treat myself much. My clothes and makeup are expensive but I don't have much clothes. If I'm buying things its for my family/friends or else I am buying food etc for homeless families I know through volunteering. I'd rather spend my disposable income on helping families in need, so because I am in a position where I can do that and have more than enough for myself I will keep doing that.

Thats why with celebs and youtubers.. I just don't get it. How come Zoella, Louise etc don't do massive charity events or just say Louise does a book signing event why aren't some of them in aid of a charity?? Influencers are so bleeping greedy. They get basically everything like meals out and new home decor for free why the duck aren't they giving to people in need and using their platforms!!! I wish I could do more!

Reactions: 8
I have a six year old and a teenager. My husband is veggie. I spend about £150 in aldi every ten days... I cook fresh meals inc lots of veg. That Incs pack lunches and breakfast. I like aldi because the fruit, veg and meat are always fresh. I’ve tried other supermarkets but I find the fruit and veg go bad to quick.

Reactions: 2
Can you tell me what your husbands do that earn them £7k plus a month and where I can get one

• Haha
Reactions: 17