How much disposable income have you got after bills?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Currently on mat leave so have -100 when Bill's are paid 🙃 but normally would have about 500 to spend!

I don’t really know, I’m too afraid to sit down and go through it all with all with my other half and see how much money we spend on crap 🙈

Shocked at some of the amounts on here.

Reactions: 2
Well reading this thread is like a punch in the stomach. We have absolutely nothing left after bills etc and we have to scrape by every month. Not sure where we’re going wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️😂😂

Reactions: 14
Wow 😭

I barely make ends meet to be honest, I have no disposable income really, I struggle to pay my bills and usually something gets left unpaid. I work between 24-50 hours a week, 0 hours contract so it varies. I'm studying towards a degree with the open university though in the hopes of progressing my career and providing more for my family.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Well reading this thread is like a punch in the stomach. We have absolutely nothing left after bills etc and we have to scrape by every month. Not sure where we’re going wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️😂😂
I’m a junior sister, husband works in IT and we have some months where we literally scrape by. This thread has made me miserable!

I feel awful that this has made some people upset! I just want to stress that I have practically zero outgoings- no children, no finances, no hobbies 😂 I work 12 hour shifts so I only work 3 days a week but I pretty much spend the other 4 days doing low cost things. I watch a lot of Netflix series(mainly because after 12 hour shifts I’m too tired to do anything!), I pick up cheap puzzles off facebay etc.., I walk my dog, or I go to the gym.. I inherently do these things from when I had such little money. So my outgoings are so low because I don’t have a life😂
I understand those who live with little disposable income, I see my sisters with children etc having to do the same. I’m sure my day will come 🤪

Reactions: 7
Holy heck that’s more than my partner earns in a year!!! Good for you though!

I’m nowhere near as much as others - currently around £500 a month but that’s because I don’t have to pay bills, rent etc. I try and save a good whack so I’m hoping I don’t have a big shock when I move out but I think I still will 😂
Ahh it's not all roses.
I work around 70/80 hour weeks sometimes, my partner works around the world and I'll be lucky to see him once a week sometimes.
I hardly ever see my children in the week.
It's horrible and we're in the process of making big decisions to either sell or make drastic changes.
All good and well having £15k disposable income but if you can't spend it on anything... Whats the point?
I'd happily swap to £1k left a month to be able to see may family every day.
❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hubby earns 3k per mth.

Bills (direct debits/standing orders) are about 1.6k leaving around 1.4k a month, so £350 a week.

That £350 a week includes everything else, so food shop, haircuts, holidays, birthdays, hobbies, car repairs, petrol, clothes etc so with 2 adults, 3 kids, a dog and a cat, it never seems to go very far!

Reactions: 6
Ahh it's not all roses.
I work around 70/80 hour weeks sometimes, my partner works around the world and I'll be lucky to see him once a week sometimes.
I hardly ever see my children in the week.
It's horrible and we're in the process of making big decisions to either sell or make drastic changes.
All good and well having £15k disposable income but if you can't spend it on anything... Whats the point?
I'd happily swap to £1k left a month to be able to see may family every day.
❤
You have to do what’s right for your family - and hopefully you reach a point where you are happy soon! 🥰

Reactions: 4
We used to have around £1500 left a month, but I quit my job in September so I could be a stay at home mum, and we now have around £200ish spare a month, not ideal, but worth it, and we manage

Reactions: 3
I'm a lot similar to @Hinchhater1442 where I have no children, no finance car, 0 date nights or holidays at the moment etc. I was renting with my boyfriend from 19 - 23 and I can assure you I had nothing left!!!

Reactions: 3
We have around £3000 disposable income each month and then my husband gets an additional bonus that is split into two payments (April & July)

Reactions: 1
Between myself and my partner we probably have about £50 left after everything.

Reactions: 4
I’m in a fortunate position but this post does seem very depressing, especially for those who are finding it hard!

Reactions: 8
Not sure if this is already a thread that's been made but was just curious to compare my DI after bills to other people-

I'm 24, and after bills including things like my contact lenses and gym I have £752.50 left, I then put £352.50 into savings to round down my disposable left to £400. Just interested to see if this is average or not! I also don't have children so I am fortunate that this is money just for me, haha..
I'm also 24 and have £700 left after bills. Trying to save £300 and limit myself to £100 a week.

Reactions: 1
Absolutely gobsmacked at people disposable income after paying everything then acting so blasé about it “I have around £1400 every month spare” seriously, I don’t pull that home a month. I have literally £130 if I’m lucky left ever and have done for past 5 years! Plus I’ve got out of 6k debt with that aswell! This thread is like a kick in the stomach!

• Heart
£3,900 which sounds massive, I’d like to know where all that money goes every month😂. To be fair though, my partner is self employed, so sometimes we’re living off much less and at times have had to live off just my wage which is only half of his.

After all bills including phone, petrol and food shopping I have around £350 a month spare. I usually have to spend it keeping us afloat as my husband is always skint. No idea what he does with his money.