Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DietGossip

VIP Member
30 minute drive! Which means if I lose my parking permit "for living too close" I will be fighting with them, because the bus journey will mean I'm sat on a bus for at least an hour each way.

tskiry56

1st job after uni - Didnt drive my dad used to drop me in town to get the bus for 7:30. In a car it probably was about half hour away. I used to walk home and it would take an hour.

2nd job - In the town centre - dependent on a bus would have to leave about an hour before just to make sure I was on time.

Temp jobs - I then did a few temp jobs most were about half hour away.( I had then passed my driving test)

3rd job- Working at the local hospital. Drive to car park about 20 minutes dependent on traffic, 5-10 minutes from carpark.
This job then moved towns so I took redundancy.

4th job- Took another job at the hospital same distance.

5th job - Down the road from where I live, although I have to drive my son to school so a detour of about 10 minutes. I would love to be able to walk him to school but would never get to work on time.

Current commute is around an hour, although this involves the motorway so that's a best case scenario!

Have to be in work for 0630am so that means a 0415am get up to give me time to see to my collection of Shetland Ponies đŸ’¤

Finish at 1800 and the journey home is often worse!

lexle

I get dropped off/picked up which means only 10 or so minutes in the car. I walk in the summer though and that’s about 45 minutes - hour depending on how fast I walk

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
I drive 28 miles to my job and it usually takes about 1hr10mins. Just under an hour in school holidays though.
The commute was my main concern about taking the Job but I've been there 6 months and am used to it now. Still get a bit jealous of people who don't live far from their work. My jobs have been kinda niche (lab work) so not many options nearby unfortunately!

Lynseyp

VIP Member
Job 1 = 10 minute walk (i don't drive) although i work nights, its not nice going to work and coming home in the dark.

Job 2 = 20 minute drive directly to work or 40 minutes when we drop the kids off to Grandparents 1st then my husband and i go to work in same building.