Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Glamourelle

My work is about 14 miles from my house and most days it takes about an hour and 10-20 minutes because the traffic/roadworks where I live is horrific :(

Scvee13

Job 1 was an hour walk, no public transport available and I didn't drive
Job 2 I was up at 515am and left house at 6am, 25min train ride and 10mins walk each way
Job 3 I work from the car but if I need to go to base it's a 10 min drive from home

Couldn't go back to the 515am wake ups again. Only been in job 3 since the new year

Jg182

We have just moved house... my commute is now a 6 min drive. But I walk and takes me 20 minutes

BorisBear

VIP Member
traffic bad where i am, 5min drive to take daughter to bus stop then 20min drive to work on way home & in summer it can be over an hour drive, it's 8 miles. I've ridden in the past but now i do bus/school run I can't.

Blondie

VIP Member
30 min drive each way too.

This topic has reminded me of an article in the paper where a woman was complaining about her daughter not getting into the closet school and one of the comments was another woman saying her daughter travels 2 hours to school. 2 hours!
I think that's crazy far

emilynxlan

Currently less than 10 minutes in a car, gonna be over an hour on the bus come September. I'm still in school so it's slightly different ;)

Yel

Chatty Member
2 days a week 1.5-2 hour drive there and back, 3 days a week at home

In an ideal world I'd be a 20-30min walk to work everyday as it's so nice to have that separation of work from home and a walk each morning and night to unwind a bit. Can't stand driving and would rather get a Train or bus to work, but not practical.

Kam3112

Currently ten minutes each way and has never been more than ten minutes but in a few weeks I'll start a new job which is around a twenty minute commute three days a week but I work long hours so won't do any more than that as I'd have no quality of life in the week

SNLGJ

I work from home - office next to my bedroom. If I have to go into work, at most once a month, it’s a 15 minute drive.

Until 4 years ago I could walk to work in 5 minutes. I changed job and was a 10-15 min drive but it’s a desk job and my previous job wasn’t and I started feeling very unfit and lazy. Almost 2 years ago I began walking to work every morning. It’s an hour walk door to door, I leave at 6:45am and I start at 8am so I have time for a coffee before I start! I occasionally walk home if it’s nice but most of the time I get dropped off which means I’m home for 4:45pm

newtoyou

VIP Member
2 days a week 1.5-2 hour drive there and back, 3 days a week at home

In an ideal world I'd be a 20-30min walk to work everyday as it's so nice to have that separation of work from home and a walk each morning and night to unwind a bit. Can't stand driving and would rather get a Train or bus to work, but not practical.
I enjoy driving and I dont like to walk in the dark, but it would be nice to never have to worry about traffic and weather

Yel

Chatty Member
I enjoy driving and I dont like to walk in the dark, but it would be nice to never have to worry about traffic and weather
I don't mind driving if it's clear, what I hate is the lack of control over things. They keep digging up a road near me and seemingly having one guy doing something and 8 chatting, causing huge backups with the temp traffic lights. At least with walking you know exactly when you will get there