How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How old were you when you met? I was 24 (I think And a single mum so wasn’t looking for love ) But was actually the only single one left out of my friends.. now I’m mid 30s a lot of them are getting divorced and are single

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I was 26 and was in a bar nearly 4 years ago. I was a bit tipsy and we had made eye contact a few times so I approached him and asked if me and my friend could join him and his friends. Thank god he said yes 😂 there was about 8 of them as well! I would never have made the first move in a million years if I had been sober, way too shy!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We met on holiday! He was on a lads holiday and I had escaped away with my sister after my exams. We were very young!

Did 2yrs long distance, then I went to uni, then we moved in together for my final year.

All in all it has been nearly 20yrs together, married with 2 kids 😊😊

• Heart
Reactions: 12
His sister was married to my friends cousin, I knew his mum a good year before I met him through nights out.

Reactions: 1
We met on plenty of fish 10 years ago! I was looking for a fun time and ended up falling in love 🤣 been married 7 years, have two kids, two cats, a dog and a house together! I was 22 when we met and he was 27

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A photography group. I was completely over men after dating idiots for far too many years and I just wanted some new friends. Together for 9, married 5.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
At university, freshers week. He put his hand up and told the lecturer he was going to be sick....took 3 years before we got together 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Another holiday romance here. Met on my first and last girls holiday.
he is 9 years older than me. I told him I was 21 and not the 17 I really was. Had to confess after a while when it was my 18th birthday party.
we long distance dates for 2 years and then I moved up north to move in with him.
27 years later and 3 children together still married.

• Heart
Royal Mail 💌 we were Christmas temps. We went for a drink one night a few days before Christmas and I ended going back to his. I was worried he wouldn’t want to see me again after sleeping together so soon but I was wrong haha we met up again on Christmas Eve. We have been together 5 years now and have a 2 year old daughter

Another holiday romance here. Met on my first and last girls holiday.
he is 9 years older than me. I told him I was 21 and not the 17 I really was. Had to confess after a while when it was my 18th birthday party.
we long distance dates for 2 years and then I moved up north to move in with him.
27 years later and 3 children together still married.
Omg i lied about my age too to my holiday romance. I was 17! We have very similar stories xx

Reactions: 1
I met my hubby In 1998; I was shagging his friend at the time (although we weren’t dating and he was clearly going off me); I found I got on better with hubby than with his friend 😂 so we got together, his friendship ended and we’ve been together ever since. Got engaged after 6 weeks, moved in together after 9 months and got married and had a baby in 2011 and our daughter in 2016. I regret not having the best morals when we got together, but it all worked out pretty well 😂

Side note: we went to the same school, although he was in the year below, went on a school trip to Switzerland at the same time, my Mum used to babysit for his Dad and then knew his mum through school as his older sister was the year below my brother; my Mum used to live on the same street as his Grandad, knows his godmother and my Dad knew his stepdad through work - it’s a small, strange world 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Msn chat room 17 years ago! He was in the midlands n I was in Essex.
That night had so many private chat requests which I rejected so he was lucky hahaha
Met up a few weeks later in Milton Keynes as was half way point. The rest is history. Been married 14 years, I moved up here.
We have a 7yr age gap, husband is disabled and has been before we met, didn’t phrase me at all.

At school. He was a new boy who joined half way through a year and I saw him standing there in this long navy wool coat with a red and white keffiyeh on and it was Love at First Sight - we just had our 25th wedding anniversary so over all I think it worked.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
POF - My excellent geography skills bagged me him... i thought he lived about 20mins away, turns out it was over an hour away! However, 4 years later, we are engaged with a one year old together, as well as three other children between us!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We went to school together. Didn’t get together at school though as I had a boyfriend but on my birthday I went for a family meal where current boyfriendworked as a waiter and another waiter randomly came over to me to tell me he saw my boyfriend having a meal with another girl the week before.
I confronted him and he admitted it straight away. We obviously broke up but my now boyfriend saw how upset I was at the restaurant and text me a few days later to see how I was and the rest is history! We’re engaged now x

I met my other half when I moved in with a couple of mates who he was also friend with. He came around often, as did others as we always had parties and all of us used to go out and drink together, we got on so well and had a really good friendship.
However I was with someone else and dated unhappily for a while after that, so it was two years before we actually became an item although I liked him, I didn't know he was interested in me like that, turns out he was in a big way!
It's weird to say this but the first time I met him I felt this massive sense of peace and calm come over me, like I'd come home or something. It's hard to explain!
11 years later, we're still together with our two children. 🥰

Reactions: 5
Tinder 🔥 he super liked me, we moved in after a couple of months, almost 5 years later and we have a beautiful 2 year old daughter together 🥰

Reactions: 3
How old were you when you met? I was 24 (I think And a single mum so wasn’t looking for love ) But was actually the only single one left out of my friends.. now I’m mid 30s a lot of them are getting divorced and are single
I was 23 and he was 20. A lot of our friends are splitting up or getting remarried