House Prices #2 Property market, buying and selling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Prices aren’t dropping here and places are selling quickly. My neighbour sold within two weeks, £450k for a 2 bed mid terrace.

Though our neighbouring council have just authorised for building to happen on some fields, developers are proposing 700 homes with no infrastructure 😖

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Houses selling for well over asking here within days. Just had ours valued, more than we expected as it still needs work doing. Not sure what to do now. Are online mortgage brokers ok? Last time we spoke to a traditional one he seemed not bothered because we didn't have a large deposit, claimed we could only lend a lot less than we eventually did.

Houses selling for well over asking here within days. Just had ours valued, more than we expected as it still needs work doing. Not sure what to do now. Are online mortgage brokers ok? Last time we spoke to a traditional one he seemed not bothered because we didn't have a large deposit, claimed we could only lend a lot less than we eventually did.
We remortgaged with an online broker, very easy and have a Halifax mortgage right now.

Reactions: 1
London and country have been great for us.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone had new windows & doors recently? I’ve just had a quote for 8 new windows, composite door and French doors and have no clue if it’s a fair price or not 😩
Haha its not great, I'm having six sash windows, five fixed panes and one normal window, two composite doors, one PVC door and a 4 x 2.5m conservatory for 33k inc the base (I've got enough going on moving services I don't want to do it myself 🤣) they wanted £2000 extra if I wanted the conservatory a different colour.. It seems ridiculous but the price of glass has gone up quite a lot as has the price of plastics.
I was looking at the price of redoing my sofits, facias and guttering on my 5x6 garage.. Comes in at £650 🤣🤮
I think labour would most likely be the biggest factor in prices.
I did get a quote for the same thing from another local company which was 38k. The sash windows are made about 5miles from my house so I know they've got a bigger mark up than who we've gone with!
I know 33k sounds like a lot but I didn't want to do all the work I've done on the house trying to bring it back to its former glory (hack off render, repoint it all in lime ect ect) and end up regretting it for the rest of the time I live here 🤣

Haha its not great, I'm having six sash windows, five fixed panes and one normal window, two composite doors, one PVC door and a 4 x 2.5m conservatory for 33k inc the base (I've got enough going on moving services I don't want to do it myself 🤣) they wanted £2000 extra if I wanted the conservatory a different colour.. It seems ridiculous but the price of glass has gone up quite a lot as has the price of plastics.
I was looking at the price of redoing my sofits, facias and guttering on my 5x6 garage.. Comes in at £650 🤣🤮
I think labour would most likely be the biggest factor in prices.
I did get a quote for the same thing from another local company which was 38k. The sash windows are made about 5miles from my house so I know they've got a bigger mark up than who we've gone with!
I know 33k sounds like a lot but I didn't want to do all the work I've done on the house trying to bring it back to its former glory (hack off render, repoint it all in lime ect ect) and end up regretting it for the rest of the time I live here 🤣
my In laws have just paid 5k for theirs replacing in a small Bungalow 😳 safestyle quoted them £7500 😱

• Wow
windows and doors (j think they have 5 windows/3 doors)
If they had composite doors then I wouldn't say 5k is that bad really. Companies like safestyle, anglian ect will always be more expensive as I think some people still believe bigger companies will be less hassle when in reality they are probably worse for rectifying problems!

I’m noticing a definite turn in the market over the last 2-3 weeks. Quite a few reductions on Right Move where previously there had been maybe one.
Plus lots of properties which were marked Sold STC coming back on the market as the sale had fallen through.

Reactions: 4
I’m in the South East and have noticed a definite slow down in the houses priced between £4-500k which in the area I’m in are the second rung of the ladder. A few months ago, houses at this price were on the market for days at most before selling with 30+ viewings on each. Now they seem to be taking at least a few weeks to sell, usually with a price reduction as well. Not noticed the slow down in £600K plus houses though

Reactions: 5
For the last couple of weeks there's been loads coming up for sale and middle priced stuff 400-800 reduced a lot. But that seems to all have ground to a halt now. Maybe it's summer holidays?

I bought my 2 bed flat approx 18 months ago for £195k. My neighbour has just had their (identical) flat valued and they’ve been given a sales valuation of £250k by the estate agents 😱 I think it must be too good to be true though as I have heard of estate agents massively overvaluing things right now.

How soon before you moved did you advise all of the companies of your monthly household bill of your move? Or did you wait till you had actually moved into the house?

How soon before you moved did you advise all of the companies of your monthly household bill of your move? Or did you wait till you had actually moved into the house?
The utilities? You need to take meter readings on the day you leave as will the person who's leaving the house you move in to. They won't do anything until they have the exit/incoming reading and will set it up that day.

The utilities? You need to take meter readings on the day you leave as will the person who's leaving the house you move in to. They won't do anything until they have the exit/incoming reading and will set it up that day.
Yes the utilities, couldn’t think of the word! Thanks will take meter readings, moving into a new build on the 26th July!

Yes the utilities, couldn’t think of the word! Thanks will take meter readings, moving into a new build on the 26th July!
Don’t forget even the new build will probably have a little on the meter so make sure you takes readings going in too and don’t rely on the developer. Every bit counts with the way electric is at the min

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.