House Prices #2 Property market, buying and selling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Houses still going for 10-20% over valuation here 😬

I have seen one or two reduced recently but mostly still selling over home report value within a week of being listed.

Reactions: 1
Yep, still mad here. Houses sold in June 2021 are being put up for 100k more with minimal improvements. The market makes no sense either, every single house seems to be priced the same, even if it's in a terrible location. My street has seen a jump of 25k just in the past few months. With such small availability and lots of buyers, even though it might be slower, prices are still so so high compared to this time last year let alone 2019!

Reactions: 3
I’m looking (hopefully was, got an offer accepted!) North of Cardiff and the prices are still mental, but I can see some signs of the market starting to slow down with properties staying on the market for a few weeks rather than a few days, some properties being reduced when before people would have happily sold a kidney to buy a shed in the area… There’s a lot being put on the market now when August is usually quieter and I think it’s people panicking and trying to sell before it crashes completely!

Reactions: 4
My area of London is still crazy. Not much seems to be coming on the market, not sure if it’s the usual August quiet period or if sellers are holding off in the current market. Anything good is still sold within days.

The only reductions I’m seeing are places that are hugely overpriced and have been on the market since March, or that only have 20 years left on the lease, or are tenanted until this time next year.

I don’t want to get my hopes up (as a potential buyer), there’s still so much demand in London that I can’t see a serious reduction.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.