House by the Whitethorns #5 Sometimes a model, often a chef, full-time flogger and always tone deaf. SarahBattle_

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does everybody in Ireland get child benefit? Like even though Sarah and Bazza seem very well off does she still get the same amount as a Mum in a struggling family.
Where I live it's means tested. We get nothing for our two kids because we earn over a certain threshold.

Reactions: 3
Does everybody in Ireland get child benefit? Like even though Sarah and Bazza seem very well off does she still get the same amount as a Mum in a struggling family.
Where I live it's means tested. We get nothing for our two kids because we earn over a certain threshold.
Yes everyone. Billionaires down. I think with Sarah and Bazza the wealth is perception more than reality.

Reactions: 5
Yes everyone gets it and you get extra for twins. It should be means tested.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yes they do. It’s a child related payment so makes no difference what your personal circumstances are. It will never change nor should it imo.

Yes everyone gets it and you get extra for twins. It should be means tested.
Why should child benefit be means tested? We all pay our taxes & every family is entitled to it.
What people seem to forget the high earners pay a considerable amount of taxation.

Agreed, not sure why wealthy families should receive it!
Why should they not though when they pay tax also?

Reactions: 6
Why should child benefit be means tested? We all pay our taxes & every family is entitled to it.
What people seem to forget the high earners pay a considerable amount of taxation.

Why should they not though when they pay tax also?
We have a comfortable life and pay a HUGE amount of tax each year and get nothing for our kids and it doesn't bother me as we don't need it. Next year if we don't earn as much we'll get family tax benefit to help us out.
If we decide tomorrow to head home to Ireland we can sign up and get child benefit even though we haven't lived at home for over 10yrs.
In my opinion if you don't need it why would you want it and not want it to go to into other services.

• Heart
We have a comfortable life and pay a HUGE amount of tax each year and get nothing for our kids and it doesn't bother me as we don't need it. Next year if we don't earn as much we'll get family tax benefit to help us out.
If we decide tomorrow to head home to Ireland we can sign up and get child benefit even though we haven't lived at home for over 10yrs.
In my opinion if you don't need it why would you want it and not want it to go to into other services.
That’s your opinion I have mine.
Already huge portiontiins of salaries & companies taxation go into the taxation system.
Enery women is entitled to child benefit in Ireland & rightly so, if you have older kids/teens this is the only benefit as free GP care was not in my time.
I’m not sure what country you are living in so I cannot comment on your circumstances.

Already huge portiontiins of salaries & companies taxation go into the taxation system.
Enery women is entitled to child benefit in Ireland & rightly so, if you have older kids/teens this is the only benefit as free GP care was not in my time.
I’m not sure what country you are living in so I cannot comment on your circumstances.
Cool, it is my opinion, which you asked for.

Cool, it is my opinion which you asked for.
Already huge portiontiins of salaries & companies taxation go into the system.

Enery women is entitled to child benefit in Ireland & rightly so, if you have older kids/teens this is the only benefit as the free GP care for children was not in my time.

I’m not sure what country you are living in so I cannot comment on your circumstances. Maybe you have free GP care like in UK/Europe, free school books etc ?
Maybe you have free GP care/school books it all balances out really.

Maybe you have free GP care/school books it all balances out really.
Yes you're correct but it means not only do families that are struggling get child benefit they also don't have to pay for GP care or school books.

Reactions: 1
Yes you're correct but it means not only do families that are struggling get child benefit they also don't have to pay for GP care or school books.
In Ireland there is free GP care for children under 6, it is free if you hold a medical card.
Free school books for primary school announced in yesterdays budget.

We have a HAP system in place to help struggling families pay rent, the Goverment/local council pays this to landlord each month once they can provide tax clearance etc.
We have a generous job seekers allowance for the unemployed compared to UK/Europe/USA.

The Irish tax payer pays for this & much more services.

So out of interest how much would a family with 5 children two of whom are twins receive in child benefit ?
840€ per month. Twins get 1.5 times the rate of 1 child so 140 x 1.5=210 x 2 children =420 plus 140 x 3 children =420 so 420+420=840€. (Excuse the maths lesson 🤣) Edited to add that's over 10k per year or over 18 years when cb finishes she'll have received approx 180,000€😳

Last edited:
  • Wow
840€ per month. Twins get 1.5 times the rate of 1 child so 140 x 1.5=210 x 2 children =420 plus 140 x 3 children =420 so 420+420=840€. (Excuse the maths lesson 🤣) Edited to add that's over 10k per year or over 18 years when cb finishes she'll have received approx 180,000€😳
€180k…That’s a lorra lorra Botox and fillers for Beggy battle.
And don’t forget the double payment windfall…
Is it any wonder Beggy is flat out…on her back…

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.