Horror films

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw the new Exorcist last night. I wasn't blown away by it and I thought it fell a bit flat. That said, it was a busy screening with people coming and going plus talking and phones going throughout so I will give it another try when it releases on Sky. I want to like it but it just didn't hit the mark for me.

We are debating about maybe going to a late screening of Saw X tonight as well.
Did you see saw is it worth going?

We didn't get around to it. We'll try again at the weekend and I'll report back.

Reactions: 1
If you are a fan of the film Interview With a Vampire I do highly recommend the TV series.

I finished it the other night and really enjoyed it. There's a different spin on it compared to the film but it really works. Also loved Sam Reid as Lestat. Better than Cruise by a mile.

Reactions: 2
Last weekend I watched Annhiliation on Netflix. Not strictly horror but I enjoyed it very much, with echoes of The Mist (one of the best horror films made, according to me) and The Descent.

We rewatched the first Saw film a couple of nights ago. I forgot that it was Cary Elwes as the doctor!

Last weekend I watched Annhiliation on Netflix. Not strictly horror but I enjoyed it very much, with echoes of The Mist (one of the best horror films made, according to me) and The Descent.
I always get The Mist and The Fog mixed up . The Fog is the seaside town with the radio station in the lighthouse, and The Mist is the one where they hide in the supermarket. It's the ending of The Mist where the true horror is.

Reactions: 6
Totally Killer on Amazon Prime was fun.
Reminded me a little of Freaky, the Vince Vaughan horror/comedy from a year or two back.

There are a couple of fun looking movies on the horizon, too.
One about a swimming pool (Night Swim) and one which is a spin on a Christmas classic (It's A Wonderful Knife).

Reactions: 3
Totally Killer on Amazon Prime was fun.
Reminded me a little of Freaky, the Vince Vaughan horror/comedy from a year or two back.

There are a couple of fun looking movies on the horizon, too.
One about a swimming pool (Night Swim) and one which is a spin on a Christmas classic (It's A Wonderful Knife).
I liked the Vinci Vaughan one actually and wasn’t expecting to. There is also another on prime that I did enjoy that was sort of similar called totally killer.

I’m currently rewatching all the scream movies after watching the most recent 2. They’re silly and repetitive but I do love them 🤣

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned as new to the thread but a bad bad horror film I watched mum and dad think it came out in 2008iys disturbing

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned as new to the thread but a bad bad horror film I watched mum and dad think it came out in 2008iys disturbing
Yes! That was a down-and-dirty little film.

Not to be confused with Mom & Dad, starring Nicolas Cage.

That film made me feel sick, I remember watching it when I was 18/19 at my friends

Just finished The Fall of the House of Usher.

Really enjoyed it.
I also really liked this one! But I think I like anything by Mike Flanagan…

I did think it funny though that they chose a really clean contemporary look for the most of it when Poe wrote kind of ridiculous, over the top gothic stories. It worked I think but an interesting choice!

the guy who played Frederick was so good at being hateful! His death was very deserved!
And the guy who played young Roderick was terrible 😅 genuinely a plank of wood…

I also really liked this one! But I think I like anything by Mike Flanagan…

I did think it funny though that they chose a really clean contemporary look for the most of it when Poe wrote kind of ridiculous, over the top gothic stories. It worked I think but an interesting choice!

the guy who played Frederick was so good at being hateful! His death was very deserved!
And the guy who played young Roderick was terrible 😅 genuinely a plank of wood…
Henry Thomas was gross. Such a slime. Long way from the little boy in ET 🤣

Mike Flanagan is excellent. I've loved, Hill House, Bly Manor and Dr Sleep. The lonely one I never got on with was Midnight Mass. I may have to revisit it.

I’m watching The Midnight Club at the minute and struggling- will probs give up soon.

Coming to join you as two episodes into fall of the house of usher and avid horror fan but it's not doing it for me so far!

Horrible film to add if it's not already on here : Calibre. So unsettling