homewithshan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched it @blueberrypie and you’re right. She said if she didn’t have YouTube, she would only have £200 left over to “buy a coffee and go to the farm park”. Wow!!!!! How incredibly, utterly tone deaf and oblivious to real life can you be?! Bearing in mind that YouTube means she will have much more than £200 left over, she overpays her mortgage*, does these clothing hauls, and she’s spending a load of money on a wedding completely unnecessarily, she can cry me a river. She doesn’t know she’s born, and clearly isn’t all that with-it to bleat on about all this when people literally cannot afford bills and/or food right now.

* (would be curious to know what rate she’s on because for all she bangs on about being money-savvy, it isn’t particularly savvy imo to overpay in the current market of low rates when you could get much better returns by investing the overpayments instead)

Reactions: 5
She hasn’t paid for the whole of her wedding tho as her dad gave her a massive chunk of money for it.

Also, complaining about childcare but uses every hour they are open rather than only using what she needs.

Also, to have £200 to waste on coffee is mind blowing. I know someone people do it but in the current climate don’t bloody brag about it. Some people don’t even have £200 to feed a family for a month.

Poor child. I hope the loves from somewhere because she has no maternal loving instinct in her body!

Reactions: 4
But even though it’s her dad’s money, she’s still choosing where to spend it isn’t she? She’s still choosing to have a wedding so expensive that she has to top up the kitty on top of her dad’s money.

Besides, if money was as tight as she wants to make out in some of her videos (until she wants to brag about her earnings in the next one), she could have a cheap wedding and her dad surely wouldn’t begrudge her the money he’d put aside for it to go towards her new house, say. Or even put away for George’s future.

Reactions: 2
But even though it’s her dad’s money, she’s still choosing where to spend it isn’t she? She’s still choosing to have a wedding so expensive that she has to top up the kitty on top of her dad’s money.

Besides, if money was as tight as she wants to make out in some of her videos (until she wants to brag about her earnings in the next one), she could have a cheap wedding and her dad surely wouldn’t begrudge her the money he’d put aside for it to go towards her new house, say. Or even put away for George’s future.

Oh yeh of course. It’s probably a “status” wedding to try and fit in more…. Because let’s face it she’s got to try anything and everything.

We got married and it cost £1250 as that was all we had. We had an amazing day with the people that mattered. We asked people not to contribute for the wedding (family asked too) and to give us a donation to buy a house.

Reactions: 1
£400 for a family of 3 for a food shop Is rather alot too! Especially considering her partner is away 5 days a week!

Reactions: 2
£400 for a family of 3 for a food shop Is rather alot too! Especially considering her partner is away 5 days a week!
And I assume nursery do food for George too?!

Also, she's definitely going to become a FT YouTuber SAHM after the move. It'll be a huge shock to her system how difficult it is to have your out of control toddler 24/7 to entertain, feed AND provide stimulation to help his development that he would at nursery. However, she probably thinks Mr Tumble and Peppa Pig can do it all instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And I assume nursery do food for George too?!

Also, she's definitely going to become a FT YouTuber SAHM after the move. It'll be a huge shock to her system how difficult it is to have your out of control toddler 24/7 to entertain, feed AND provide stimulation to help his development that he would at nursery. However, she probably thinks Mr Tumble and Peppa Pig can do it all instead.
Safeguarding is the first thing that popped into my head when I read this. She can barely cope and look after him now with the few hours she has him never mind 24/7. I think G’s safe space is nursery and at least there he gets the interaction and care any busy toddler needs.

I hope (and pray) if she does become a FT YouTube person then her family will assist with G as this kid could end up suffering so bad.

Reactions: 3
Safeguarding is the first thing that popped into my head when I read this. She can barely cope and look after him now with the few hours she has him never mind 24/7. I think G’s safe space is nursery and at least there he gets the interaction and care any busy toddler needs.

I hope (and pray) if she does become a FT YouTube person then her family will assist with G as this kid could end up suffering so bad.
I think a safeguarding concern is a bit of a massive jump….however I do agree that going for f/t SAHM would be massively idiotic of her.

I think a safeguarding concern is a bit of a massive jump….however I do agree that going for f/t SAHM would be massively idiotic of her.

Safeguarding includes health, well being and human rights and you’ll be surprised what can come in line with this (not a know it all but it’s just one of my job. So if she’s gonna shove him in front of the tv and not interact with him while she’s doing her influencer bits then yeh that’s not okay. There is also the fact she let him climb under her bed while it was up. The fact she allows him to eat alone while she sits in the garden. There are so many things she does that are borderline to not okay.

I think her discussing her youtube wage and then discussing nursery fees is her way of setting the path to announce she's doing it full time, she'll probably say it's until she gets the 30 hours free when George turns 3

Reactions: 3
Been lurking here a while but finally decided to comment. I genuinely don’t understand why people follow this girl. She couldn’t be less relatable if she tried. How you can you brag about making 4k a month in one video and then moan in the next that childcare takes up a quarter of that? I literally make £1 a day (I don’t live on this, I share a joint account with my husband). Plus she just spent £1k on Asos stuff? Even if she is going to send it back, who tf has that available in the first place. It blows my mind that she’s growing her platforms as quickly as she is as she is boring
Spot on!!!! Absolutely nailed it! X

She also takes home £1700 and contributes £600 to childcare, so she’d be £1100 worse off by staying home. Or is she hoping that her little sob stories will make everyone feel sorry for the fact that she’s only got 2 grand a month to herself, and they’ll all subscribe and binge watch her shite?

Reactions: 5
She also takes home £1700 and contributes £600 to childcare, so she’d be £1100 worse off by staying home. Or is she hoping that her little sob stories will make everyone feel sorry for the fact that she’s only got 2 grand a month to herself, and they’ll all subscribe and binge watch her shite?
I try avoid watching her videos now because I don't want her to earn from it 😂 also £600 for 4 days FT nursery isn't terrible. Where I am it's £650 for 3 days FT.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I try avoid watching her videos now because I don't want her to earn from it 😂 also £600 for 4 days FT nursery isn't terrible. Where I am it's £650 for 3 days FT.
Ours is £59 a day, we pay over £700 a month for 3 days. I actually almost cried writing that.
I don’t watch her videos either, I only watched the budgeting bit of this one as I saw in her Instagram stories she’d spent all that money in Asos so I was wondering what she could possibly be complaining about!

I haven’t watched the video as I can’t bare this whole begging poverty act she’s currently got going on. Did she fail to mention what her finances will look like post wedding/house move? She’ll have more than 2 grand in surplus I presume…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.