homewithshan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe after she moves she’ll go for sahm content 🤷‍♀️ I’d love to see her survive full time with her own child, she can’t even cope with an hour or two after nursery!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I wish I could like this 100 times. My baby was the exact same. I found Shan’s videos when I was pregnant and had nothing to compare it to. George seemed so chill sleeping all the time. He’d go down for naps and she’d prat about filming etc. I think in one of her videos it showed a load of empty bottles on the kitchen side, like her and ash were still able to have a drink in the evenings. Of course when mine arrived he’d refuse to sleep until the early hours , scream solidly from 6pm-10pm every single night, had reflux, colic and cmpa and couldn’t be further from how she showed the early days with George. He’s calmed down loads since then however but she’s in for a HUGE shock if she doesn’t get another dreamy chilled baby.
I totally get you, it's awful isn't it. I hear so much about how people love the newborn stage but I honestly hated it. Of course I loved having her here but my god it was hard.
Watching Shan plod along happily with her bloody routines made me sad.
Don't get me started on the bottle feeding either. Propping up a bottle on George and sitting eating her breakfast while I'm there with a tit out feeding my baby and expressing on the other 🥴

Reactions: 3
George sounded like the 'perfect baby' when he was younger. Don't at me but my baby is pretty similar age and I HATED the newborn stage.
She wouldn't sleep in her nexttome so had to do sleep shifts where one would stay up holding her.
She also suffered bad with reflux and colic til around 6months. I literally dreaded evening times when I was on my own because the screaming would start. George would sleep for like 12 hours from a newborn?!
Plus she bottle feeded which I have no objections to however it is alot easier than breastfeeding and takes all the pressure of you.
I only say this now because she doesn't seem bothered by him but as I say he was and probably still is such a 'easy' child to raise.
I used to think the same, why is my baby not sleeping through at i think 8 weeks it was with George?

Then I found out she sleep trained him, leaving him to cry etc and (I don't want to get any backs up here), but that is something I personally could never do.

She is extremely selfish and to me that sleep training was part of that as she then could have a drink etc rather than giving him a cuddle but then this is the girl who also could not be arsed to feed her newborn properly ethier aka propping a bottle up under a blanket..😕

• Sad
Reactions: 9
George sounded like the 'perfect baby' when he was younger. Don't at me but my baby is pretty similar age and I HATED the newborn stage.
She wouldn't sleep in her nexttome so had to do sleep shifts where one would stay up holding her.
She also suffered bad with reflux and colic til around 6months. I literally dreaded evening times when I was on my own because the screaming would start. George would sleep for like 12 hours from a newborn?!
Plus she bottle feeded which I have no objections to however it is alot easier than breastfeeding and takes all the pressure of you.
I only say this now because she doesn't seem bothered by him but as I say he was and probably still is such a 'easy' child to raise.
I can totally understand where you’re coming from. Apart from a traumatic Entrance and Intensive care, my baby was a dream: he hardly ever cried and he slept. I think if you have a baby who has colic/reflux it can completely change your newborn months. My sisters baby had a milk allergy and reflux and she just had an awful time. Because of this I always say the baby stage was easy, the toddler stage is harder. But my sister says the newborn stage was torture and the toddler stage is easier. Not sure where I was going with this in relation to sian, but yeh 🤣👍🏽

I can totally understand where you’re coming from. Apart from a traumatic Entrance and Intensive care, my baby was a dream: he hardly ever cried and he slept. I think if you have a baby who has colic/reflux it can completely change your newborn months. My sisters baby had a milk allergy and reflux and she just had an awful time. Because of this I always say the baby stage was easy, the toddler stage is harder. But my sister says the newborn stage was torture and the toddler stage is easier. Not sure where I was going with this in relation to sian, but yeh 🤣👍🏽
I think what I’m trying to say is that now George isn’t the perfectly dressed cute quiet baby, she is less interested. I think a lot of ‘influencers’ have babies as an accessory almost?

This was my reality too. Pisses me off she moans about how hard it is and it looks like she has it soooo easy compared to some of us. I would have given anything for my newborn to be content and happy instead of upset and screaming but she still propped up a bottle for him etc instead of cuddling him. Even now my child is full on actual hard work (but amazing and brilliant) and she is still resentful of George who seems quite placid. My toddler would never sit and watch tv while I pranced about making an arse of myself with a camera 😂
If I tried to get my 2 year old to sit and watch tv he wouldn’t! He follows me because I’m his best mate 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I used to think the same, why is my baby not sleeping through at i think 8 weeks it was with George?

Then I found out she sleep trained him, leaving him to cry etc and (I don't want to get any backs up here), but that is something I personally could never do.

She is extremely selfish and to me that sleep training was part of that as she then could have a drink etc rather than giving him a cuddle but then this is the girl who also could not be arsed to feed her newborn properly ethier aka propping a bottle up under a blanket..😕
I did the exact same! Such a selfish woman doesn’t deserve that poor boy

Reactions: 1
I wish I could like this 100 times. My baby was the exact same. I found Shan’s videos when I was pregnant and had nothing to compare it to. George seemed so chill sleeping all the time. He’d go down for naps and she’d prat about filming etc. I think in one of her videos it showed a load of empty bottles on the kitchen side, like her and ash were still able to have a drink in the evenings. Of course when mine arrived he’d refuse to sleep until the early hours , scream solidly from 6pm-10pm every single night, had reflux, colic and cmpa and couldn’t be further from how she showed the early days with George. He’s calmed down loads since then however but she’s in for a HUGE shock if she doesn’t get another dreamy chilled baby.
Not shan related, but I'm so thankful to hear someone else's baby is like this. My 11 week old screams all evening from 4pm until 11pm. He has colic, reflux and after 2 hospital visits suspected cmpa. I thought I was doing something wrong, it's amazing to hear it can be normal, thank you! All these mommy bloggers has seemingly perfect babies which made me worry more!

Reactions: 2
Not shan related, but I'm so thankful to hear someone else's baby is like this. My 11 week old screams all evening from 4pm until 11pm. He has colic, reflux and after 2 hospital visits suspected cmpa. I thought I was doing something wrong, it's amazing to hear it can be normal, thank you! All these mommy bloggers has seemingly perfect babies which made me worry more!
I was pregnant a year or so after Shan so watched all her realistic real routines in a real day of a real baby and I thought it was gonna be sooo easy. Not for me sadly! I had an experience that sounds similar to yours. I know it doesn’t feel like it will ever get better but I promise it will ❤ And DEFINTIELY don’t compare yourself to mommy bloggers - especially when they lie about sleep training!

It’s hard but completely normal. Have a look at Hey Sleepy Baby on Instagram. One of the mummy bloggers I actually like recommended her and she’s great at showing actual realistic baby sleep. Not like Shan who obviously just shuts the door on George and gets stuck in to a bottle of wine

Still blows my mind that Shan can afford to buy a house like her 1st one, have a baby, a pompous wedding, honeymoon and buying another house in a span of a few years. I'm in my 30s and my bf and I bought a 3-bedroom-flat with a garden last september. And that, for us (and for anyone our age where I live) was a BIG accomplishment 🤯

Reactions: 5
I promise you (I PRRREREOMISE YOU- I sound like Shan 😂) that it does absolutely get better. In the early days I used to just sit and cry out of exhaustion and it genuinely felt like a bomb had gone off in my life and I had no idea why my baby would just scream all day and night. I used to avoid leaving the house as I’d get so upset by people looking at me wondering why I couldn’t stop it, although looking back I think that was in my head as people were so kind. He’s 10 months old now and whilst he’s still on CMPA milk, he sleeps from 7pm-6am every night and is a totally totally different baby. That said it’s deffo made me question whether I could cope with a second if I had the same thing happen 😂

Easier said than done but no one should compare themselves to the social media mums or even any mum posting on social platforms.

We ALL post highlights of our life.

I’ll be honest i am one who LOVED the newborn stage, as i was very fortunate to have an ‘easy baby’ but my god did that all change when she became a toddler!! Its been an absolute wild ride (infact i wrote on the toddler thread here that i am in tears most evenings through pure frustration and tiredness of dealing with her on my own as my husband works very long hours) but if you look at my instagram you will see our happy moments.

for everyone going through whatever stage of motherhood, just remind yourself its all just a phase and everything shall pass.

Shan can go suck it though!

Reactions: 5
Still blows my mind that Shan can afford to buy a house like her 1st one, have a baby, a pompous wedding, honeymoon and buying another house in a span of a few years. I'm in my 30s and my bf and I bought a 3-bedroom-flat with a garden last september. And that, for us (and for anyone our age where I live) was a BIG accomplishment 🤯

If I’m honest I think she is from privilege and therefore many things have been given or she has been helped along the way. I just don’t think she will ever show that side.

If I’m honest I think she is from privilege and therefore many things have been given or she has been helped along the way. I just don’t think she will ever show that side.
Yeah. I guess that makes sense. Didn't someone say the wedding was mostly paid by her dad?

Obviously any home purchase is a big accomplishment but if you think about it, they bought the house in 2018 for £185,000. It’s realistic that they could’ve paid a 5% deposit which is less than £10,000. We know from her wedding videos that her parents are happy to help her out substantially with money and that they both earn a decent wage so would’ve met the criteria for the mortgage easily. Of course it’s an achievement but its not crazy for a young couple with two full time incomes, especially ones with generous parents. Also i dont have much experience with military but I assume that while Ash was at work and having accommodation, meals, gas, electricity, water, etc paid for him, they would be able to save a fair amount.
My point is that her buying that house isn’t any more of an accomplishment than you buying your flat, no matter what your age is, and tbh your flat is probably in a nicer area than her house was 😂

Also, I bet she'll still have complaints about the new house or area or something. She seems like someone who is never happy or grateful with what she has got.

Reactions: 4
Is it just me or has she literally moved to a near on identical house to her last one. What is the point in that?! Also her kitchen in the last house was much nicer than the one in the new house...

Reactions: 6
Is it just me or has she literally moved to a near on identical house to her last one. What is the point in that?! Also her kitchen in the last house was much nicer than the one in the new house...
She was always going on about her kitchen as well! Because they had that one put in she constantly complained about how much she missed it 🤦

Obviously any home purchase is a big accomplishment but if you think about it, they bought the house in 2018 for £185,000. It’s realistic that they could’ve paid a 5% deposit which is less than £10,000. We know from her wedding videos that her parents are happy to help her out substantially with money and that they both earn a decent wage so would’ve met the criteria for the mortgage easily. Of course it’s an achievement but its not crazy for a young couple with two full time incomes, especially ones with generous parents. Also i dont have much experience with military but I assume that while Ash was at work and having accommodation, meals, gas, electricity, water, etc paid for him, they would be able to save a fair amount.
My point is that her buying that house isn’t any more of an accomplishment than you buying your flat, no matter what your age is, and tbh your flat is probably in a nicer area than her house was 😂
They also could have used the Forces help to buy scheme where the armed forces give them a deposit.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.