Home Schooling show offs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not taking it too seriously and I’m fairly happy as long as my son (5) does some reading and writing etc per day. He’s done loads of colouring and drawing and playing in the garden and that’s good enough for me!

It does seem to bring out all the dickheads though. I’ve just seen an insta-mum (won’t name her as I suspect she’s private but she did have her own thread at one point) say she’s ‘fuming’ she won’t get free lunch vouchers for her kids as she’s not on benefits. Unbelievable!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
It does seem to bring out all the dickheads though. I’ve just seen an insta-mum (won’t name her as I suspect she’s private but she did have her own thread at one point) say she’s ‘fuming’ she won’t get free lunch vouchers for her kids as she’s not on benefits. Unbelievable!
I saw this too, absolutely shocking!

Reactions: 1
My 11 year old's school have sent for the week just gone:
24 maths workbooks with 120 questions/problems each. (Left the pissing protractor at school. Lets go unnecessarily round Wilko shall we? That's a no.)
5 science tasks including making a boomerang, (it fell on the floor and the dog licked it. Uploaded it anyway post licking. Soz, no re-do)
4 geography tasks, 2 RE, a PE schedule. (duck off, we've got a trampoline and Just Dance)
A request to build a prototype of a product to make a developing country safer. I think that's still Geography? (Our country might be a start at the moment mate. 🙄)
4 Recipes to cook for home ec involving copious amounts of flour and pasta (WHERE? Have you walked round Tesco with your eyes painted on?)
6 English workbooks. Including analysing Shakespeare.
1 Drama project on Comedy. (I'm not feeling my inner Sarah Millican right now)
4 Art Projects.
Some DT tit that I can't understand (wtf, I am not giving this kid a saw. This is a child who was sent home from Y3 and Y4 three times for trapping their hand in the toilet door and requiring a check of just how mangled the tendons were. There will be NO SAW)
There are warnings attached about how they will be tested on return to school on all subjects and sanctioned if the correct efforts aren't made.
I have to work from home. I have to. It's not optional.
The child in question is dyscalculic and dyslexic.
I have sat on my self so as not to email something unbecoming because we all know the teachers have sweet FA to do with it, it's an academy so it's pressure from above.
These kids are 11 FFS and I am not a qualified teacher.
Thank you for allowing this drivel to permeate the site. It has helped.
Can I drink now? 😉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I’m a teacher and I’m doing a rubbish job!!!! We’re lucky if we get anything done! I attempt to do something each day but to be honest if they even get clean pyjamas on and brush their teeth we’ve done well 😂😂 they don’t like clothes so I make sure at least it’s clean pyjamas. We’re getting out for our daily walk and I try to have “educating” conversations with them but I’m not doing a great job. I’ve just had a baby And my eldest has adhd and you know what I aim to survive this period with my mental health in tact and with their mental health in tact. That’s it!!!! Oh and I might bake a cake and get them to work out ingredients and call that maths and English in one 😂 I’m resourceful

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m not taking it too seriously and I’m fairly happy as long as my son (5) does some reading and writing etc per day. He’s done loads of colouring and drawing and playing in the garden and that’s good enough for me!

I think people are getting mixed up with this as my husband questioned it. Free school meals is a different category to the blanket reception to year 2 free school meal. Was husband was trying to get me to apply!!!!

I’m so here for this. My 13 year old has done duck all and I’m tired of arguing with him. I’m still having to go out to work full time and I just don’t have the energy !

Reactions: 5
Honestly, I bet a lot of these parents are just doing it for social media but losing their tit in private 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

Reactions: 11
24 maths workbooks with 120 questions/problems each. (Left the pissing protractor at school. Lets go unnecessarily round Wilko shall we? That's a no.)
5 science tasks including making a boomerang, (it fell on the floor and the dog licked it. Uploaded it anyway post licking. Soz, no re-do)
4 geography tasks, 2 RE, a PE schedule. (duck off, we've got a trampoline and Just Dance)
A request to build a prototype of a product to make a developing country safer. I think that's still Geography? (Our country might be a start at the moment mate. 🙄)
4 Recipes to cook for home ec involving copious amounts of flour and pasta (WHERE? Have you walked round Tesco with your eyes painted on?)
4 Art Projects.
Some DT tit that I can't understand (wtf, I am not giving this kid a saw. This is a child who was sent home from Y3 and Y4 three times for trapping their hand in the toilet door and requiring a check of just how mangled the tendons were. There will be NO SAW)
There are warnings attached about how they will be tested on return to school on all subjects and sanctioned if the correct efforts aren't made.
I have sat on my self so as not to email something unbecoming because we all know the teachers have sweet FA to do with it, it's an academy so it's pressure from above.
Can I drink now? 😉
Wow. I salute you. My email would have pinged so fast they wouldn't know what hit them 😅 We had a sweet email from my 2 youngest's school that made me quite emotional. Basically, no pressure and stay safe. My eldest logs into a hub and completes a certain amount a day. She's at Grammar and fairly sensible. It takes her an entire day to complete most of it as she pisses around messaging her mates or staring into space but I'm not going to force any of them. This is home, not school. They will learn every day just from the interaction we share. From baking cakes, playing games, watching tv. I refuse to turn my house in to a classroom. Plus, it's the Easter holidays now anyway 😉😂

Reactions: 6
Wow. I salute you. My email would have pinged so fast they wouldn't know what hit them 😅 We had a sweet email from my 2 youngest's school that made me quite emotional. Basically, no pressure and stay safe. My eldest logs into a hub and completes a certain amount a day. She's at Grammar and fairly sensible. It takes her an entire day to complete most of it as she pisses around messaging her mates or staring into space but I'm not going to force any of them. This is home, not school. They will learn every day just from the interaction we share. From baking cakes, playing games, watching tv. I refuse to turn my house in to a classroom. Plus, it's the Easter holidays now anyway 😉😂
We are behind, hideously behind. The maths is impossible for the poor kid and the gold overlay that helps letters and numbers to stop flipping is not here, it is probably in the same place as the protractor.
We couldn't be any more behind, even if we had voluntarily not even bothered.
I need to scream into something first, so I'm nice to the underpaid, otherwise lovely people.

Reactions: 4
We are behind, hideously behind. The maths is impossible for the poor kid and the gold overlay that helps letters and numbers to stop flipping is not here, it is probably in the same place as the protractor.
We couldn't be any more behind, even if we had voluntarily not even bothered.
I need to scream into something first, so I'm nice to the underpaid, otherwise lovely people.
I ordered maths link cubes. They arrived yesterday. I promised myself we'd have a maths day when they arrived. It's now 11am and I haven't seen my eldest yet and the other 2 are plugged in to Minecraft. Again. I live in a constant limbo. If I contemplate the possibility that this could be our reality for the next 3 months I stress about not being able to get my kids to learn anything at all. I'm expecting an email from the school on Friday to provide more guidance, until then, we will continue to do token amounts of 'work' and I will find something that might encourage my 5 year old to actually pick up a reading book. Either way, I know that the staged photo families swearing blind that they are sticking to a strict routine will eventually burn out and face rebellion. I'm happy to take the middle ground for now. I value my sanity too much for this 😂

Reactions: 2
4 Art Projects.
Can I drink now? 😉
Gosh and that’s just for the week? Seems a lot, I’d honestly feel overwhelmed and slightly annoyed that they would be facing repercussions upon return for not completing it all.

Most schools I think have been brilliant. They’ve set a reasonable amount of ‘work’ but also said no pressure because this situation is so unusual. Even the kids who are still attending school aren’t doing usual schooling. Years seems to be mixed in some schools from what I gather and they’re not doing ‘proper’ work. Every child’s education has been put on hold at the moment they’re all in the same boat so there’s no need for such pressure from schools parents or anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello everyone, hope people don’t mind me posting this...but I was drawn to this thread as I am a teacher and I have friends who are going completely crazy with the homeschooling. I have a 2 year old so my home schooling is literally play but the advice I gave to my parents and to my friends is not to go mad with it all. A little bit of reading every day and maths/writing alternative days is more than enough. Most people are trying to work from home, keep their children fed and watered and then most importantly...safe! I don’t know how anyone can find the time to do intense home schooling all day. Keep doing what you are doing guys, whatever that may be will be enough 😊

Reactions: 9
And do we really need a daily, photograph, update of somebodies home school day?! Honestly! They are stressing about their children and not being able to cope, but still manage to get a million photographs to upload to the gram 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Today I’ve seen people putting their kids in their uniform for ‘home school’. On the one hand I might help some kids focus and fair enough, on the other hand it’s a load of nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Today I’ve seen people putting their kids in their uniform for ‘home school’. On the one hand I might help some kids focus and fair enough, on the other hand it’s a load of nonsense.
Just creates more washing in my eyes. We do get dressed before starting work but wouldn't dream of putting a school uniform on her 🤣

Reactions: 3
Uniforms..sod that . Mine are in comfy clothes and nope I'm not ironing shorts & t-shirts..no one is gonna see .

I try to encourage mine to get dressed every day, just not in uniform lol. Home clothes are much more comfortable anyway. A lot of countries don’t even have a school uniform.

I try to encourage mine to get dressed every day, just not in uniform lol. Home clothes are much more comfortable anyway. A lot of countries don’t even have a school uniform.
Mine have been wearing all of the new clothes that they should have been wearing in Spain during the Easter holidays 😭 The new swimming costumes are now gym leotards and everyday is summer dress day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4