Home and Away

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm behind on H&A as usual, but are they going to explain why Detective Madden is corrupt (willing to go so far as to kill Dana) or has that storyline been dropped now?

The show -and characters-are so poor at the moment.

I really feel like they could do with introducing a new family, but it seems there's no place for people in their 30's/40's with kids in the show anymore - it's all random twentysomethings and then the older characters who've been around forever.

Reactions: 1
I'm behind on H&A as usual, but are they going to explain why Detective Madden is corrupt (willing to go so far as to kill Dana) or has that storyline been dropped now?

The show -and characters-are so poor at the moment.

I really feel like they could do with introducing a new family, but it seems there's no place for people in their 30's/40's with kids in the show anymore - it's all random twentysomethings and then the older characters who've been around forever.
I've yet to watch the last episode before the Christmas break but so far, no mention of what that cop had against Dana. So ridiculous that they haven't given a statement.
Remi and Bree are so boring, there's always some issue with them.
How many more traumatising events will they throw at Justin and Leah?
Mali spends most of his time moping. Rose needs to toughen up when it comes to that relationship, I feel like she's been the one doing the chasing since the start.
As said above, no families in the show anymore. And I know that I've said this many times but why do they act like the school never existed? No extras to be seen dressed in the school uniform even.

Reactions: 2
I thought he was running the drug operation and therefore pinning it on Dana drew attention away from him? He needed to shut her up to stop her exposing him.

I've yet to watch the last episode before the Christmas break but so far, no mention of what that cop had against Dana. So ridiculous that they haven't given a statement.
Remi and Bree are so boring, there's always some issue with them.
How many more traumatising events will they throw at Justin and Leah?
Mali spends most of his time moping. Rose needs to toughen up when it comes to that relationship, I feel like she's been the one doing the chasing since the start.
As said above, no families in the show anymore. And I know that I've said this many times but why do they act like the school never existed? No extras to be seen dressed in the school uniform even.
Yeah, so weird how they completely dropped the school when it was always such a big part of the show.
---
I thought he was running the drug operation and therefore pinning it on Dana drew attention away from him? He needed to shut her up to stop her exposing him.
Well, that makes sense! Not sure they actually explained that though? Unless I zoned out and missed it (always a possibility when watching H&A these days!)

Also it’s never too long before something goes down with Flick and Tane. The writers can’t seem to bear to have the focus off them for too long.

Sick of Rose and Mali and his infantile ways, break them up!

Yeah, so weird how they completely dropped the school when it was always such a big part of the show.
---

Well, that makes sense! Not sure they actually explained that though? Unless I zoned out and missed it (always a possibility when watching H&A these days!)
It was mostly in the episode in the warehouse where he held her hostage. I think part of it was done in a telephone call, although I found it difficult to stay fully engaged with the storyline because it was so pointless.

**I meant explanation not statement 🫢
I know that the corrupt cop wanted to pin the drugs on Dana but there was no mention of the ex boyfriend and his connection to the cop as well as the grudge the cop had against Dana. Did he have some kind of connection to her or someone from her past when she was using drugs?

Flick is such a pain. She reminds me of Phoebe from back when the Braxtons were on, except 10 times worse. Too much energy and in your face.

I know that the corrupt cop wanted to pin the drugs on Dana but there was no mention of the ex boyfriend and his connection to the cop as well as the grudge the cop had against Dana. Did he have some kind of connection to her or someone from her past when she was using drugs?

Flick is such a pain. She reminds me of Phoebe from back when the Braxtons were on, except 10 times worse. Too much energy and in your face.
I don't think he had a grudge, I think she was just getting in the way. My understanding was that her boyfriend worked for Marsden and was possibly just using her for access to the drugs via her job. It wasn't really clear though and I'm not sure if they ever properly explained that aspect of it.

I'm finding the storyline a bit odd at the moment. The Marilyn stuff has been all over the shop. I feel like they've panicked and shoved some random storyline at Roo to give her something to do and the Leah and Justin storyline is beyond ridiculous.

The band - blah. Felicity and Tané, Rose and Mali. What was the point of the finding her dad storyline? It's gone nowhere. It says something when Xander is one of the more bearable characters.

I like Mack but her appearing then suddenly dead boyfriend was a bizarre thing. Did he get a better job and they suddenly needed to write him out?

I usually miss it when it breaks for Christmas but I haven't this week 😕

Reactions: 3
Agree with the above. Mack’s ex, rushed, can’t even recall his name.
The Rose dad thing, rushed, and for what? Now the Rose/Mali/“promised wife” nonsense. His family have said he must left her stay? Tell her you’ve moved on after 5 (?) years and to duck off, nutter. Rose has better chemistry with Kirby, I’d sooner them together than her and Mali.

Even the Justin and Leah kidnap thing. Felt like there was a big chunk missing. Supposed to be going on a surprise holiday, firstly if you haven’t entered a competition for one, wouldn’t you be sceptical, especially after the cult. Secondly, who’s led them to a warehouse in the middle of nowhere (presumably) and they’ve walked in willingly? Where’s your luggage?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Agree with the above. Mack’s ex, rushed, can’t even recall his name.
The Rose dad thing, rushed, and for what? Now the Rose/Mali/“promised wife” nonsense. His family have said he must left her stay? Tell her you’ve moved on after 5 (?) years and to duck off, nutter. Rose has better chemistry with Kirby, I’d sooner them together than her and Mali.

Even the Justin and Leah kidnap thing. Felt like there was a big chunk missing. Supposed to be going on a surprise holiday, firstly if you haven’t entered a competition for one, wouldn’t you be sceptical, especially after the cult. Secondly, who’s led them to a warehouse in the middle of nowhere (presumably) and they’ve walked in willingly? Where’s your luggage?
I love how many cults there are roaming around summer bay 😂 Also Leah got kidnapped not that long ago! So unlucky

• Haha
The Zara storyline is one of the worse, dramatic and ridiculous I think I hate watch at this point

Reactions: 4
I have tried to get into it again but my golly, they're pushing the storylines. Especially with Justin.

The Zara storyline is one of the worse, dramatic and ridiculous I think I hate watch at this point
She's so whiny. In fact she, Mali and Rose are all whiny and petulant and never bloody happy.
I'm watching a day or two behind at RTE pace (Ireland) and Zara has just driven away - is she gone gone? I'm really hoping that's the end of that pointless storyline.

Reactions: 5
Yesterday's episode was ludicrous. In fact so was the whole cult storyline. I'm still fast forwarding the majority of the band stuff because it's just so boring.