Home and Away

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if anyone watches it but the Colby storyline is doing my head in. He was never one of my favourites but his relationship with Bella was sweet at one point - now he's just completely unlikeable. That and they've really dragged it out.

Reactions: 3
I looooove Home and Away! I've watched it ever since I was young and now I'm old - ha!

I agree, but I think that shows what a great actor he is - he certainly has a great range. Are you in the UK? If so, a few weeks behind Australia and NZ, yes? This week is going to be fantastic with something huge happening, and paving the way for the end of year finale.

I wish it didn't go off air for so long over Christmas.

• Heart
I am confused what happened to Gemma? She’s just not coming back?
No. They sort-of intimated that by her tearful goodbye to her brothers and son at the airport, but nothing was formally announced (the actress just confirmed it on IG). It's a shame, as she was a good character. I thought she would've matched quite nicely with John.

I am confused what happened to Gemma? She’s just not coming back?
Yeah I think apparently she was only supposed to be on a 6 month contract compared to the boys. I wondered if maybe they had planned on bringing her back (or at least having her visit again) before covid, and then had to change it to reflect that since she's in NZ. It doesn't really feel as though that storyline had any closure.

Reactions: 2
I loooove Home and Away. I’m really enjoying the current storyline with Christian and Tori. I love them and Tori’s awkwardness when they are together.
I agree with the Colby storyline. Having an affair with Angelo’s wife is just ridiculous. He was never that likeable but he’s being an absolute d*ck to Bella right now.

Reactions: 4
I find myself getting annoyed with Angelo's wife - she only has one or two expressions and the whole storyline is a bit ridiculous. It would have been better if they'd brought "Nicole" back with Angelo, even though they might have had to re-cast the role as the actress who played her originally was battling cancer ... I think she's well now, but seems to have opted for a different kind of life away from the camera. But even then I couldn't see a storyline where she fell for Colby, working either. Angelo's new wife and him had zilch chemistry to begin with. Apparently the actress who plays his wife, and "Colby" are very good family friends in real life. Small world!

Christian and Tori are very cute together! I love all her little unintentional gaffes - they seem so genuine.

Bree Peters ("Gemma") is busy working on some other projects - maybe she had them lined up before she signed up to Home and Away? Her father was, until very recently, a politician in NZ (he wasn't re-elected). She played the role of Gemma so well; she was also in Shortland Street, an NZ soap, and played a really nasty character. She has great range!

It's a bit of a shame that the writers split Dean and Ziggy up on screen ... they're lovers in real life so maybe that had something to do with it? They did the same with Justin and Willow, who are now married in real life.

The court case is airing in Aussie at the moment - let me know if you want spoilers about that, and some other things that are coming up!

I love Home and Away (and Neighbours) but like others am seriously bored with the Colby storyline. It's gone on so long. I ended up googling for spoilers and was bored by them too lol.

I love the Christian and Tori storyline and was enjoying Roo and Owen too.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Are we allowed to make this a neighbours and home and away thread ? Because we need to talk about Pierce ...

• Heart
Are we allowed to make this a neighbours and home and away thread ? Because we need to talk about Pierce ...
I am currently having to picture all of Pierce's lines said by real Pierce in my head, after imposter Pierce says them on screen. Agghh.

I watched H&A for years and years but I stopped a couple of years ago. Can anyone let me know if they explained what happened to Nicole if Angelo returned with a wife? I remember they left together when she had the baby but I just wondered if they said anything or just ignored it and introduced his wife. Thanks in advance!

I dont watch every episode but i always get up to date version of the episodes in aussie on facebook alot so

And the spoilers came on my tiktok today!!

I watched H&A for years and years but I stopped a couple of years ago. Can anyone let me know if they explained what happened to Nicole if Angelo returned with a wife? I remember they left together when she had the baby but I just wondered if they said anything or just ignored it and introduced his wife. Thanks in advance!
They explained it very briefly in a conversation between Marylin and someone I think. Just said they split up some time ago. That was it.

Yeah I'll see if I can change the title! I find the new Pierce so jarring. :ROFLMAO: Not bad per say but they just look so different so it feels like a different character. I'm not feeling the affair at all and its put me off Dipi considering how she reacted to Roxy kissing Shane.

My mom is obsessed with home and away! She’s watched it for YEARS thats all I came here to say 😹
Get her to sign up! :love:

The thing I like about Home and Away is that you can stop watching for a while, then get back into it relatively easily. The recipe is pretty much the same over and over again - new family comes to the Bay, wreaks havoc and then settles down and heads off into the sunset. I've watched it ever since it first aired, but have taken several breaks over the years.

I feel like they have the casting just right at the moment ... as a Kiwi I'm especially loving the Parata family. There were some characters I didn't enjoy in the past - silly Olivia, Hunter (why on earth was he never charged with arson for burning down Leah's cute cottage?!), Zac and his boring family, the moody male doctor ... for the first time in quite a while it feels quite upbeat and good fun to watch (aside from the awful storyline unfolding at the moment).

It's funny how all these ex-Home and Away actors - "Sally" and "Martha" want to come back - they keep giving interviews saying they'd be keen (hint, hint, to the producers). I'm not a fan of "Sally" but they could explore a great storyline with Roo and Martha being reunited. It's the first time I think that there haven't been any teenage schoolkids in the show. Mind you, it's just as well as Roo is forever jetting off on holidays so they'd have nobody to teach them 🤣.

A few years ago we stayed at a beautiful holiday cottage in Palm Beach, where the show is filmed, and were very fortunate to watch them film a few scenes. We met "Marilyn" - oh my goodness, what a gorgeous woman - just so friendly, and very pretty. The filming schedule was about six months ahead of what was screening at that time, and we didn't recognise any of the other actors, although a few teenage girls were going crazy over them. (We weren't allowed to take photos other than those the PR approved, and they did let us have a picture with "Marilyn"). I'm actually surprised they manage to get any work done at all as the amount of people that surround them, waiting for autographs, etc., is quite staggering.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I love home and away and neighbours. Can there be a separate thread for neighbours?

Every day I think about Brax. I have never fallen for a fictional character before and I am still not over him.
What a guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 10