Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

eyeballs

VIP Member
Every day I think about Brax. I have never fallen for a fictional character before and I am still not over him.
What a guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Vixen88

VIP Member
And Rose at the moment, making such a song and dance about hiding from Mali. We’re supposed to believe she’s a competent police officer and she’s carrying on like a 14 year old over a lad. And it’s just way too creepy how invested her and Xander are with each other’s love lives.

Kinda over the two owners of Salt tag teaming on who’s having a breakdown each week.

Reactions: 9

flo90

Dear god, so much focus on Mali’s rubbish moves!
Mali's dancing was so embarrassing. I thought that he was going to do some kind of striptease at least. How did that shit dancing save the hen night?
And Rose's storyline about finding her father. Herself and her dad just assuming that they were related based on her "investigation" which was just her guessing he was her father based on a college photo of her mom and him. Has anyone in that show ever heard of a DNA test? The amount of long lost children who've appeared in Summer Bay over the years and no one ever suggests a DNA. Marilyn's daughter, for example. Hunter, who turned out not to be Zak's son after all. Also back in the day, Dylan, Rhys Sutherland's supposed son, who also turned out to not be his as well.
Roo needs to be reminded that she was the one who sent the text from Marilyn's phone which made the CEO decide to set off the bomb.

Reactions: 7

Vixen88

VIP Member
I'm a few episodes behind but I'm finding the sister annoying too, stomping around and over exaggerating the acting, like when she grabbed the dinner and starting devouring it. She's like a child, not a nurse.
I feel like they have a lot of the cast that are mid 20s early to 30s acting like teenagers. Flick, Cash, Rose, Mali, Bree… The smallest thing is a massive drama so often. Or sulking off and not talking to someone for 2 episodes. Tane seems the only sensible one out of the lot.

AdsB

VIP Member
What happened to Roo's job as an English teacher? I know that there are no teenage characters in the show anymore but it's so strange that we never see any high school uniform wearing extras walking along the beach or in the diner like before. Did the school just disappear or did the new staff decide to lock up the teenagers and not let them wander the streets of Summer Bay because of the high level of crime that seems to have taken over the town the last few years?
The high school and the uniform were such a iconic part of Home & Away 😌 just another reason the show isn’t the same anymore

London Hung Guy

Chatty Member
"began taking ice acting on Home ..." - there is innocent me thinking what is 'ice acting', did he want to become a figure skater :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
I cannot STAND Chloe! She’s so selfish and inconsiderate and always seems to get away with it!

Edit: I can see I posted similar a couple of months back and have forgotten. But I guess it shows she hasn’t developed at all

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I am always about a month behind on H&A and just watch on catch-up. I'm just at the point where Dean and Mia had the crash. H&A characters generally don't annoy me too much, but I have to say that I find Chloe insufferable. She's a total pain in the ass; like, she thought Bella should just forgive Nik for sleeping with that godawful model agent and then was completely horrible to Bella about the whole thing?! And then when Mia had the miscarriage she turned around and blamed Ari for the whole thing. She needs to grow up! Anyone else as irritated by this girl as I am?! 😄

1001 others

VIP Member
I find Bella depressing ... she just doesn't seem to fit anywhere. I don't know what they can really do with her character now other than send her overseas for an opportunity with that photographer guy.

Chloe is a complete pain in the butt.

The show feels like it's going through another of its lulls at the moment; hopefully it gets into more of a rhythm next year.

off topic but does roo annoy anyone else
Roo's life just doesn't make sense. Here she is with a teaching degree and oodles of experience in organising events, and would probably make a good school principal, yet she's running the Bait Shop. And still living at home with her parents. I wish they'd reintroduce some school-aged kids and send her back to school, and introduce male suitors for her and Marilyn.

The one I really can't stand to watch is Martha ... she's just such a bore and seldom smiles or finds joy in anything. She's also incredibly selfish and self-absorbed.

Vixen88

VIP Member
I'm getting potential new couple vibes from (and this is very random)...Mack and Kirby. Anyone else think the same or am I on my own with this one? 😆
I thought Kirby and Rose had more chemistry than Kirby and Theo and Rose with anyone.

I thought pairing Mack up with her ex might have been good, they looked suited. Then within what seemed like a fortnight, they had him run off and die. Can’t even recall his name, he was in it for such a short time. Just seemed pointless. It’s like the writers love having one Salt owner in some major crisis at all time. Just as Flick was getting back to normal post wedding crash, it was Mack’s turn for a drama. Now Mack is over that, Flick gets raped. Give them a break.

I like Mack and think she deserves a better storyline than a veggie lasagna and quiet night in with Irene and Marilyn!

I’m not overly enjoying g it right now. Alf is being a right dick towards everyone. Justin is annoying, has he forgotten he has a garage. Kirby and Theo are bores. Not much of a fan of the doctor, whispering everything.

Black.bird

VIP Member
Have you UK guys met Harper yet? Good grief - her bland personality and whiney voice drive me up the wall.

Beth1980

VIP Member
I have seen the same, not looked on Back to the Bay recently but think the rumours are true. I think they do need new characters who will stay long term or the show we suffer in the long run. Read this week that Ray Meagher (Alf) has signed a new contract which is a good thing though wonder if Martha will ever be mentioned again lol.

Vixen88

VIP Member
Flick continues to annoy me. I hope she leaves when her three years is up ... surely it's close?
I find her quite annoying. She’s probably supposed to be age 27-30 I’d guess, she acts like a spoilt 14 year old. Needy with her brother, to the point it’s weird. Flips so far between opinions, like doesn’t was her brother to be with Eden to the point everyone falls out about it, then goes mad trying to force them together switching her hen do about.

Whatever the break down she had about her dad’s suicide annoyed me. I could understand if it was present day, but it when she was 8, so probably 20 years ago. The nonsense about hating Gary, 2 episodes later, loves Gary asks him to give her away at the wedding. Just annoying.

I find the band, plus Bree quite tedious. And don’t understand the personality change they’ve forced on Theo. From being confident, naughty rich boy with his sports car, to needy puppy dog moping after Kirby

Reactions: 5

kjs22

Interesting! To those above saying it’s a bit boring right now… all I can say is hold on a few months. Episode 1 & 2 back from Christmas break (so like 3 weeks ago) were really good. And tbh I don’t actually watch H&A every night, just if it’s on because I haven’t changed the channel after the news. But these episodes were like an action movie. I was actually really impressed with the production.

flo90

They should bring back the school and give Roo a job there. It's strange the school has been gone from the show for so long now. School storylines were always a pretty big part of H&A but I guess there are no teenagers in the show now apart from Ava and I'm not sure how long she'll be sticking around (hopefully not long!)

I won't hear a word against Alf. Legend!

I liked seeing Bella back. I always think it's really stupid how characters never come back to the Bay (I mean, you think Ziggy's family might have visited when the baby was born, haha!) so was good to see her return and give Nikau a proper exit and conclude their storyline.

I still say they need a new family in the show. They've introduced a lot of singletons (the band, Bree, Rose and Xander) but no family unit that would enable them to reintroduce the school etc. Not sure why I'm so obsessed with the reintroduction of the school tbh - I guess I just feel there's something missing from the show at the moment. Maybe it's just that I haven't been really invested in a new character in a while.
It's crazy how they got rid of the school. You don't even see students in their uniforms in the background in places like the diner anymore. Roo was a teacher there but there's no mention of her teaching anymore. They could at least have her still teach in the school without having to show it.

Xander doesn't annoy me as much these days, he seems to have brightened up. So weird for himself and Rose to talk about the fact she couldn't bring herself to sleep with Mali though. Who discusses that with your brother?

Nice to see Nikau and Bella live happily ever after. Doubt you can just move to the US that quickly though but then again this is Summer Bay where pregnancies last a few months, people who get poles lodged in their bodies travel to Greece a few weeks later and newborns are the size of a 6 month old.

• Wow

newtoyou

VIP Member
Yes that band are really boring too. They need to bring back Summer Bay High and have more family focussed stories instead of randoms coming in and out with the odd gangster every few months