Home and Away

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a bit over everyone at the moment ... the show needs an injection of some fresh, new characters who have interesting back stories. The recent-ish arrivals just aren't cutting it, and they don't do enough with the long-term characters such as Roo (who is a huge waste of space) and Marilyn. I cannot stand Xander's girlfriend - the gym chick (blurred in case UK haven't yet seen this person). She's just as bad as Xander, and I wish they'd move far, far away!

Marilyn needs to open a hair and beauty salon, and employ some staff ... that could be fun. Roo needs a job ... tutoring isn't interesting enough. She's a great actress (or at least has been in other shows) so they need to create a really grunty storyline for her. The last memorable one she had was when she fell pregnant to the guy off McLeod's Daughters. Alf is just 'there' - blah.

On Shortland Street (NZ soap) this week, we saw the actress who played "Gemma"! She was in Shortland Street before H&A, and was sent to jail for murder. One of the other characters ended up in jail, and they became cell mates. I forgot how much I liked her on H&A too.

---

Flick is sooooooooooo annoying
She's like a hyperactive puppy. Her moods also flip-flop all over the place and her go-to mood is to stare into space with widened eyes. I don't think they hired her for her acting skills.

Reactions: 5
I'm a bit over everyone at the moment ... the show needs an injection of some fresh, new characters who have interesting back stories. The recent-ish arrivals just aren't cutting it, and they don't do enough with the long-term characters such as Roo (who is a huge waste of space) and Marilyn. I cannot stand Xander's girlfriend - the gym chick (blurred in case UK haven't yet seen this person). She's just as bad as Xander, and I wish they'd move far, far away!

Marilyn needs to open a hair and beauty salon, and employ some staff ... that could be fun. Roo needs a job ... tutoring isn't interesting enough. She's a great actress (or at least has been in other shows) so they need to create a really grunty storyline for her. The last memorable one she had was when she fell pregnant to the guy off McLeod's Daughters. Alf is just 'there' - blah.

On Shortland Street (NZ soap) this week, we saw the actress who played "Gemma"! She was in Shortland Street before H&A, and was sent to jail for murder. One of the other characters ended up in jail, and they became cell mates. I forgot how much I liked her on H&A too.

---

She's like a hyperactive puppy. Her moods also flip-flop all over the place and her go-to mood is to stare into space with widened eyes. I don't think they hired her for her acting skills.
Agreed. Stacey is super annoying and she’s only been on a few episodes 😅 Great idea re:Maz actually. That would actually bring some interest to the show. It’s all super boring atm. I feel like they got rid of heaps of characters and haven’t replaced any of them?

Argh you’ve made me miss Shortland Street although I haven’t watched it in over a decade now since I left NZ 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The show really does need an injection of interesting new characters. The current newbies aren’t cutting it. Anything to do with the band and its members bore me to tears.

Where are you all watching from? I’m in Australia and you guys seem to be at least 3 months behind. I thought UK, as I know H&A is popular there. But surely they would just air them same day as us?

Reactions: 2
Where are you all watching from? I’m in Australia and you guys seem to be at least 3 months behind. I thought UK, as I know H&A is popular there. But surely they would just air them same day as us?
We have always been behind. About 21 years ago the show was off air for a year due to it moving networks. Home and Away was huge in the 90s but hasn’t been popular in the UK for a very long time. It’s viewing figures are probably half of Australia’s which is bad considering how much bigger our population is. Neighbours was a lot more popular here right until it ended.

Reactions: 3
Interesting! To those above saying it’s a bit boring right now… all I can say is hold on a few months. Episode 1 & 2 back from Christmas break (so like 3 weeks ago) were really good. And tbh I don’t actually watch H&A every night, just if it’s on because I haven’t changed the channel after the news. But these episodes were like an action movie. I was actually really impressed with the production.

Reactions: 5
I find the Cash/Felicity and Xander/Rose relationships too weird. So involved with each other for brother and sister. I don’t really like any of them much. They all have it in turns to have a melt down and the other sibling helps them resolve it. Literally over and over for the past 6 months.

Felicity losing it because Cash invited Gary(? Foster dad) to visit. Obvious she’s going to make up, then he’ll probably walk her down the aisle. Boring.

Can’t stand the band. And that they’ve turned Leah’s nephew from bad boy into a moping love struck teenager. They did similar with Ryder he was a bit of a tear away that became a nerd.

Hate how Nikau and Tane call each other Uncle and Nephew. No one does that.

Reactions: 1
I’m in the UK! We’re 6 weeks behind I think. Stacey and Zander have just started dating. Felicity and Tane are just planning the wedding. What else is happening... trying to think. Not a lot really tbh but I’ve been watching for so many years now I can’t just stop even though it’s kinda boring IYKWIM. Oh Bree and Remi have just hooked up as Jacob just went back to the mines.

[QUOTE="unhinched, post: 13735355, member: 28328" I can’t just stop even though it’s kinda boring.
[/QUOTE]
This is me 😂 I’ve watched Home and Away since I can remember watching tv. It’s kinda boring now and sometimes I don’t watch it for a couple of months. Last time I did that half the cast had seemed to have left 😂

@Vixen88 this would be quite common in NZ which is where they’re from (and where I’m from which is how I know). 🙂

@Vixen88 this would be quite common in NZ which is where they’re from (and where I’m from which is how I know). 🙂
Ahh sorry! I guess here (UK) it’s common for younger children to say ’Uncle Tane’, but not really just uncle or nephew. It felt, to me, a bit like when new characters spend a lot of their first shows saying their name or ‘uncle’ to remind the audience who they all are. Thanks for correcting me 🙂

Ahh sorry! I guess here (UK) it’s common for younger children to say ’Uncle Tane’, but not really just uncle or nephew. It felt, to me, a bit like when new characters spend a lot of their first shows saying their name or ‘uncle’ to remind the audience who they all are. Thanks for correcting me 🙂
The producers and script writers have done a stellar job in portraying the Maori family ... it helps that the actors are Maori themselves of course, but everything from some of the mannerisms to the speech patterns are 100%. My good Maori friend calls everyone close to her, 'Cuz' (short for cousin).

---

Agreed. Stacey is super annoying and she’s only been on a few episodes 😅 Great idea re:Maz actually. That would actually bring some interest to the show. It’s all super boring atm. I feel like they got rid of heaps of characters and haven’t replaced any of them?

Argh you’ve made me miss Shortland Street although I haven’t watched it in over a decade now since I left NZ 😭
Awwww 🤗 I think a lot of people still see it overseas, judging by comments on the show's FB page. It's gone all dark and arty since its 2023 return last week - the hospital burned down and looked to be closed for good, until Chris broke open the Warner trust fund and saved it - along with a church that's bad news ... now it looks as if that church is trying to take control.

---

I'm in NZ. We're usually a week behind Oz but might be a bit further behind at the moment ... Mac's former fiancée has just turned up.

It used to be on at 5:30pm, followed by never-ending repeats of Friends or Malcolm in the Middle at 6:00pm, then Neighbours at 6:30pm and Shortland Street at 7:00pm. Then Neighbours got booted off to a channel that senior citizens mostly watch - in a 4:30pm slot, and Home and Away took its 6:30pm slot ... which it should have always been in, I feel! I'm sure it gets a lot more viewers now, but I can't confirm that as they stopped releasing viewing numbers for TV shows for some weird reason.

I'm so bored of Xander, Rose and Stacey. Can they all bog off now?!

I've fast forwarded most of today's episode. I hope Ziggy and Dean's baby is ok though.

I don’t mind Rose as much but Xander is so boring and such a bad actor 😭 I wish he’d just leave and take Stacey with him.

I’m a couple of days behind as well but I wish they would stop with Felicity and her doubts about the wedding. We get it, she is a free spirit with a tough childhood but how many more times are we going to have to witness her be excited - freak out - be excited again? 😩

I don’t mind Rose as much but Xander is so boring and such a bad actor 😭 I wish he’d just leave and take Stacey with him.

I’m a couple of days behind as well but I wish they would stop with Felicity and her doubts about the wedding. We get it, she is a free spirit with a tough childhood but how many more times are we going to have to witness her be excited - freak out - be excited again? 😩
I'm so sick of Flick and her histrionics over this wedding. Everything is such a drama with her all the time!

The guy who plays Xander has to be one of the worst actors ever on H&A. He's terrible!

Home and away is just so bad lately, Kirby and Theo relationship so unbelievable! Rose xander and Stacey so boring, justin becoming the most annoying character

There's no chemistry between Kirby and Theo...on another note did they ever mention how Heather's adoptive mother was murdered? Wasn't she found in a freezer?

Home and away is just so bad lately, Kirby and Theo relationship so unbelievable! Rose xander and Stacey so boring, justin becoming the most annoying character
I barely watch it these days. Dipped back in for the UK finale week and the first week of January but then got bored again.

I watch it every day and don’t know the names of any of that lyrix band or whatever they’re called. Also completely zone outside for Xander and miscellaneous girlfriend. No interest in Deano, Ziggy and Jai. Justin is turning into John Palmer 2.0.

It's like they want to turn Justin into a goofy, funny character. Sorry, only John Palmer makes me laugh. Chris from a few years ago was hilarious, so was Colleen.
Only learned Kirby's name recently, don't know the other girl's name or the bearded guy.