Home and Away

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"began taking ice acting on Home ..." - there is innocent me thinking what is 'ice acting', did he want to become a figure skater :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was just thinking about the child actor who played VJ for a number of years.

There wasn't any announcement that he was being replaced; he didn't even go away anywhere and magically appear as an older version of himself sometime later ... instead, he was there one day, gone the next:

View attachment 2049057

It was especially silly as his mate Jett was a similar age and build and if my memory serves me correct, was still on the show:

View attachment 2049058

Later it was reported that the producers wanted him to look older. But maybe it was really to do with this?

View attachment 2049063

This is what he has become:

He wouldn't be the only actor to have become involved with drugs:

View attachment 2049093

(Todd Lasance played Aden Jefferies).

View attachment 2049096

(Orpheus Pledger played Mason Morgan).

The older actor who played VJ (Matt Little) was brother-in-law to the guy who played Heath Braxton (no longer, as that marriage broke up). He doesn't seem to have done a lot since he left H&A ... his IG is profile, but a link there diverts to a fundraising page for an all-female production - maybe he's taken on a role behind the camera now?

The character of VJ wasn't the only one replaced - there have been a lot more - it's the most head-scratching one in my view though:
I think I remember at the time that they wanted to age up the character so there could be more of the older teenage set/romances etc

They made VJ look 25 while Jett looked 15, they looked ridiculous together.

Reactions: 2
The Remi/Bree storyline is reducing me to tears. It has to be the most boring plot. Actually the whole band and their storylines are so boring these days. Enjoying having Karen back these days though, she's hilarious 😂

Reactions: 4
Flick continues to annoy me. I hope she leaves when her three years is up ... surely it's close?

Reactions: 1
Flick continues to annoy me. I hope she leaves when her three years is up ... surely it's close?
I'd say she's only done over a year. I found her really annoying at the start when she used to crash Cash and Jasmine's dates all the time.

I find her quite annoying. She’s probably supposed to be age 27-30 I’d guess, she acts like a spoilt 14 year old. Needy with her brother, to the point it’s weird. Flips so far between opinions, like doesn’t was her brother to be with Eden to the point everyone falls out about it, then goes mad trying to force them together switching her hen do about.

Whatever the break down she had about her dad’s suicide annoyed me. I could understand if it was present day, but it when she was 8, so probably 20 years ago. The nonsense about hating Gary, 2 episodes later, loves Gary asks him to give her away at the wedding. Just annoying.

I find the band, plus Bree quite tedious. And don’t understand the personality change they’ve forced on Theo. From being confident, naughty rich boy with his sports car, to needy puppy dog moping after Kirby

Reactions: 5
I find her quite annoying. She’s probably supposed to be age 27-30 I’d guess, she acts like a spoilt 14 year old. Needy with her brother, to the point it’s weird. Flips so far between opinions, like doesn’t was her brother to be with Eden to the point everyone falls out about it, then goes mad trying to force them together switching her hen do about.

Whatever the break down she had about her dad’s suicide annoyed me. I could understand if it was present day, but it when she was 8, so probably 20 years ago. The nonsense about hating Gary, 2 episodes later, loves Gary asks him to give her away at the wedding. Just annoying.

I find the band, plus Bree quite tedious. And don’t understand the personality change they’ve forced on Theo. From being confident, naughty rich boy with his sports car, to needy puppy dog moping after Kirby
So true about Theo, thought he'd bring a bit mischief to the Bay, for a while at least. I wouldn't put him and Kirby together either, it's like the writers saw two single characters and said OK throw them together. Can't remember any real chemistry build up between them either. And he seems so young compared to the rest of the band, doesn't fit in that well. Bob, although I hated him, suited the band more.

I find Kirby's walk/general way of movement very distracting! The way she throws her legs around and fires herself at pieces of furniture as though from a great height 🫠
Zero chemistry between her and Theo. She and Rose make relatively easy viewing though - the actors bounce off each other fairly well.
I quite like Eden and Remi now, most of the time, but Theo has been watered down and Kirby is so annoyingly on the peripheries of other people's storylines instead of having her own.
I liked Felicity and Tane for a while there but since all the wedding nonsense not so much.
I like the new guy, Dean's mate. Nice uncomplicated character (so far - I'm sure he has a deep dark secret past that'll all come pouring out too!)

I like the new guy, Dean's mate. Nice uncomplicated character (so far - I'm sure he has a deep dark secret past that'll all come pouring out too!)
Hmm, he seems worried to see Rose in her police uniform. They spent an evening having a drink (dinner?) together but the subject of what you do for a living didn’t come up? They seem to be making a big deal of him meeting everyone and introducing himself, and telling everyone he’s from a big family.

I see more chemistry between Kirby and Rose than Kirby and Theo. I’d like to see them two together, then she can stay out of her brother’s love life, which is just plain weird to be that invested.

I’ve liked seeing Dean’s mother back, it’s actually some of the older characters, Marilyn, John and Irene that I prefer now, more than any my own age. I do like Mac, Dean and Tane and now Nikau is less annoying now he isn’t pining after a girl.

I can see them introducing a few of his sisters to the show eventually with the way he keeps on talking about them. What was the deal with the weird two episodes where himself and Alf had the tension between them? Then Alf winning him over with a milkshake and an offer of a free van whenever he needs it 🙄

• Haha
I think he's hiding a dodgy criminal past that will initially create a problem but he'll eventually be redeemed like every other similar storyline is past history 😆. His character has promise though.

Reactions: 3
I think he's hiding a dodgy criminal past that will initially create a problem but he'll eventually be redeemed like every other similar storyline is past history 😆. His character has promise though.
Yeah all you need to do is spend a few months in Summer Bay and all past mistakes are forgotten. Also, any word on Bree having to go to court for killing the husband? Even as self defence you think there'd be more talk about it. But no, off back to work like nothing happened!

Marley(?) will bring all the family soon which might be a good boost. We need a big family like the olen days.
Theo looks so much younger than Kirby, even though in real life they’re the same age.

How long has Eden been in hospital for? Is she using up a whole bed because of amnesia??

Yeah all you need to do is spend a few months in Summer Bay and all past mistakes are forgotten.
I think this whenever John judges people really hard, Paratas when they turned up, the band, like he wasn’t a mad arsonist for a short time and apparently cost some people (extras) their homes.

Alf wanted to make sure Marley wasn’t a River Boy, but went about it really oddly. And ended in saying he’d be happy to go fishing with this Marley’s dad/grandad one day, even though they’ve never met.

• Haha
I think this whenever John judges people really hard, Paratas when they turned up, the band, like he wasn’t a mad arsonist for a short time and apparently cost some people (extras) their homes.

Alf wanted to make sure Marley wasn’t a River Boy, but went about it really oddly. And ended in saying he’d be happy to go fishing with this Marley’s dad/grandad one day, even though they’ve never met.
Yeah John was very abusive to his stepson too, Trey (no mention of him in years!)
Obviously totally rehabilitated now.

Anytime Felicity is in a scene, all I see are limbs all over the place. Hands everywhere, exaggerated walk, head practically doing 360.

• Haha
Anytime Felicity is in a scene, all I see are limbs all over the place. Hands everywhere, exaggerated walk, head practically doing 360.
I'm beginning to struggle with Felicity.

I have enjoyed Ziggy and Karen's relationship and Marley and Rose's bonding, although I'm already slightly bored by his as yet unknown back story.

I need Mac's suits! The blue one and the red one in particular 😍.

• Heart