Hollyoaks #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly, the slot hasn't been replaced by ahy5hing better or anything anyone is tuning in to watch on purpose, just background tv
I can only speak anecdotally from my own experience and viewing habits, but I’d estimate I’ve missed 50%+ of episodes since the channel change and the time slot.

Reactions: 3
I can only speak anecdotally from my own experience and viewing habits, but I’d estimate I’ve missed 50%+ of episodes since the channel change and the time slot.
Ditto tbh, and I don't use catch up I just catch up here

Reactions: 1
Ditto tbh, and I don't use catch up I just catch up here
I don’t either.

ive watched since about 2005 and apart from the late night Hollyoaks and the Omnibus I’ve always known it to be on at 6:30. With regular viewers, it can be a big deal to change a time slot after 19 years (and longer than I’ve been a viewer).

i would understand if they were trying to launch a new show or radically changing things (as they hinted when announcing Hollyoaks was going E4 only) but to replace it with the Simpsons doesn’t make a lick of sense to me. I appreciate I don’t work in TV or advertising so there may be some things I’m failing to realise, but as Channel 4 gets more viewers than E4 and Hollyoaks gets more viewers than the Simpsons, I’d have assumed it would make sense to keep Hollyoaks in the slot that gets the most viewers thereby upping the advert cost count? I can’t think of one logical scenario that makes sense to do what they did and move the slot.

Reactions: 5
I don’t either.

ive watched since about 2005 and apart from the late night Hollyoaks and the Omnibus I’ve always known it to be on at 6:30. With regular viewers, it can be a big deal to change a time slot after 19 years (and longer than I’ve been a viewer).

i would understand if they were trying to launch a new show or radically changing things (as they hinted when announcing Hollyoaks was going E4 only) but to replace it with the Simpsons doesn’t make a lick of sense to me. I appreciate I don’t work in TV or advertising so there may be some things I’m failing to realise, but as Channel 4 gets more viewers than E4 and Hollyoaks gets more viewers than the Simpsons, I’d have assumed it would make sense to keep Hollyoaks in the slot that gets the most viewers thereby upping the advert cost count? I can’t think of one logical scenario that makes sense to do what they did and move the slot.
I still don’t understand why on streaming is it only on at a set time now. It’s still pissing me off!

Reactions: 4
That's a good point, I doubt teens watch live tv at all which is basically what soaps kind of depend on don't they? I'm 30s too and imagine lot of us watching are the same or older
Yes I'm in my 30s I used to watch it in my bedroom so I only had channels 1 to 5 we didnt have all these streaming services

Yes I'm in my 30s I used to watch it in my bedroom so I only had channels 1 to 5 we didnt have all these streaming services
I remember first getting cable and the channel Trouble would show old eps at 6.30am. I'd watch that before getting ready for school, then watch the channel 4 ep and the E4 ep back to back after school. Why I needed to watch each ep twice I dont even know 🤣

Reactions: 6
I remember first getting cable and the channel Trouble would show old eps at 6.30am. I'd watch that before getting ready for school, then watch the channel 4 ep and the E4 ep back to back after school. Why I needed to watch each ep twice I dont even know 🤣
Trouble ❤
That was my favourite channel!!

Trouble ❤
That was my favourite channel!!
Loved all those American shows on it

At uni we usually watched the channel 4 then e4 then reqtached the next day, god knows why 🤣

I wish they'd put the omnibus on weekend mornings on e4 or something

• Heart
Loved all those American shows on it

At uni we usually watched the channel 4 then e4 then reqtached the next day, god knows why 🤣

I wish they'd put the omnibus on weekend mornings on e4 or something
All the American shows I watched growing up were on Trouble
I didn’t care if they mostly had the same format and the same producer. I loved them all 😂

• Haha
I didn’t care if they mostly had the same format and the same producer. I loved them all 😂
Same! It really was the best for teen shows and was a good step away from Disney and Nick.

Reactions: 2
I’m ready for jj to take a long walk off a short pier
I'm finding it hard to watch. Poor frankie I hope they dont drag this story on to long I think Nancy's going to be the 1 that helps her.

It's just been confirmed that hunter is leaving aswell. The McQueens haven't been the same since they moved into the restaurant does anyone know what happened to the McQueens original house?

Same! I bet they're on youtube, the only one I Reay remember is the one set on a cruise ship(inthink) with all of the people with awful "foreign" accents

I'm finding it hard to watch. Poor frankie I hope they dont drag this story on to long I think Nancy's going to be the 1 that helps her.

It's just been confirmed that hunter is leaving aswell. The McQueens haven't been the same since they moved into the restaurant does anyone know what happened to the McQueens original house?
I can’t even remember where the McQueens lived before they moved to the restaurant!

• Haha
Same! I bet they're on youtube, the only one I Reay remember is the one set on a cruise ship(inthink) with all of the people with awful "foreign" accents
I don’t remember a cruise ship one? I remember USA High that was an American boarding school in Paris. The main girl had an awful fake British accent

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don’t remember a cruise ship one? I remember USA High that was an American boarding school in Paris. The main girl had an awful fake British accent
I remember USA High (don’t remember fake British accent girl though), Hang High, One on One, Cruel Summer/Cruel School, probably loads I can’t remember. I don’t remember the cruise ship one either.

I don’t know how much more of Hollyoaks I can take at the moment, in the last weeks especially it seems it’s like the show has taken a dark turn, I know it historically addresses difficult issues, but this JJ and Frankie storyline is genuinely making me feel sick and like I do not want to watch it. I think the writing of the stupidity of the characters all involved and letting Frankie down so it carries on makes it worse.

I remember USA High (don’t remember fake British accent girl though), Hang High, One on One, Cruel Summer/Cruel School, probably loads I can’t remember. I don’t remember the cruise ship one either.

I don’t know how much more of Hollyoaks I can take at the moment, in the last weeks especially it seems it’s like the show has taken a dark turn, I know it historically addresses difficult issues, but this JJ and Frankie storyline is genuinely making me feel sick and like I do not want to watch it. I think the writing of the stupidity of the characters all involved and letting Frankie down so it carries on makes it worse.
Her mum is like the most oblivious,tit, self obsessed daytime wino ever. What a crappy mum.

Her name was Ashley. She was the headmaster’s daughter

How far do you think they’ll take the JJ/ Frankie stuff?