Holly Willoughby #6 Poundland Paltrow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her connection with new age theory and crystals etc is purely capitalistic. She’s trying to make money. She’s a hugely ambitious person who stabs close friends to get where she wants. Hugely ego driven - take one look at her Instagram - it’s nothing but photos of herself. She’s not spiritual in the slightest! It’s just a trend she’s trying to make money from.
Exactly. Peter Jones and Schofield won't be the only 'friends' she's done the dirty on.

Reactions: 6
This Morning needs a reliable, warm, intelligent pair of presenters fronting it. Ones that can handle the light parts of the show as well as getting stuck into the harder current affairs of the day.

Fern Britton, Eamonn, Ruth, Judy and Richard ticked these boxes. They have journalistic experience and are able to approach topics well. I’ve just come from Rochelles Insta and literally she has a script to ask questions and the guests are prepped with that they are going to say. It’s so directive as I imagine she’s completely out of her depth. It reads like; ask question, but don’t bother listening to guest and prepare to ask the next question. Repeat.

With the old guard, there was the skill and knowledge to bounce off guests’ answers. They could go off script whilst keeping up with the pressures of live tv and appeared to be genuinely interested in their features and guests.

Martin Frizell is after a Holly prototype that he can just mould into her. An airhead that looks pretty and reads what’s she’s told. Until he realises that this is not what the viewers want then the show is doomed.

Reactions: 23
Come back Holly - all is forgiven! Jesus wept. Could ITV be any more out of touch with viewer tastes?
Geezus. Whitmore is bleeping HIDEOUS. But then, This Morning isn't aimed at someone like me.

ps. Any comment from Eamon yet? Or is he keeping his head down?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Geezus. Whitmore is bleeping HIDEOUS. But then, This Morning isn't aimed at someone like me.

Didn’t Eamon predict this in his interview with Dan Wooton? I’m sure he said that she would return to this morning but that it wouldn’t last. He knew the lies were too big even for her to front out pretending like nothing was wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Can’t believe such a fuss has been made about her leaving! She is just a tv presenter not the prime minister. Can’t believe it keeps making the national news…do they people are actually that bothered? Also is she was stepping away for her family’s safety then surely she would be stepping away from all tv shows and public appearances..not just one🤷‍♀️ something doesn’t quite ring true.

Reactions: 19
I think she's going to struggle to find another gig, tbh. Even if it's a show that Dan produces for her. The two he did for the BBC weren't great successes before, and she was especially awful in the Win Hof show... just giggling and hugging people all the time, whilst wearing a truck load of make up. She has no depths, just can read well from an autocue.

Perhaps she could become a newsreader :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Can’t believe such a fuss has been made about her leaving! She is just a tv presenter not the prime minister. Can’t believe it keeps making the national news…do they people are actually that bothered? Also is she was stepping away for her family’s safety then surely she would be stepping away from all tv shows and public appearances..not just one🤷‍♀️ something doesn’t quite ring true.
Well exactly. Unless she's going to present Dancing On Ice live from her panic room at home then the minute she turns up on some other show proves it was all a nonsense. Either there's a threat or there isn't. We're not as stupid as her and ITV think we are.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think she's going to struggle to find another gig, tbh. Even if it's a show that Dan produces for her. The two he did for the BBC weren't great successes before, and she was especially awful in the Win Hof show... just giggling and hugging people all the time, whilst wearing a truck load of make up. She has no depths, just can read well from an autocue.

Giggling and behaving like a forty-something schoolgirl is what she does best.

Reactions: 9

Forgot about her on that show… so true haha she was so out of place. Will we see a photo soon of her and Philth having lunch together since he has reached out to her during her hour of need?

Reactions: 8

I can’t think of anyone who I’d want to watch less than Whitmore if I was a stay at home mum doing ironing and coping with a busy household. Or sometime on maternity leave struggling with no sleep. Little miss perky and her unrelatable life. This is a great chance to bring in a mature woman with a relatable life!

This Morning needs a reliable, warm, intelligent pair of presenters fronting it. Ones that can handle the light parts of the show as well as getting stuck into the harder current affairs of the day.

Fern Britton, Eamonn, Ruth, Judy and Richard ticked these boxes. They have journalistic experience and are able to approach topics well. I’ve just come from Rochelles Insta and literally she has a script to ask questions and the guests are prepped with that they are going to say. It’s so directive as I imagine she’s completely out of her depth. It reads like; ask question, but don’t bother listening to guest and prepare to ask the next question. Repeat.

With the old guard, there was the skill and knowledge to bounce off guests’ answers. They could go off script whilst keeping up with the pressures of live tv and appeared to be genuinely interested in their features and guests.

Martin Frizell is after a Holly prototype that he can just mould into her. An airhead that looks pretty and reads what’s she’s told. Until he realises that this is not what the viewers want then the show is doomed.
I liked Eamonn Holmes’s and Fiona Phillips when they did GMTV, they were normal and very natural and I thought they were an excellent pairing.

Reactions: 7
I can’t think of anyone who I’d want to watch less than Whitmore if I was a stay at home mum doing ironing and coping with a busy household. Or sometime on maternity leave struggling with no sleep. Little miss perky and her unrelatable life. This is a great chance to bring in a mature woman with a relatable life!
Yep, you want a nice cosy and reassuring TV presence, someone with empathy, warmth, wit and kindness. Not these vacuous morons Frizzell assumes viewers want.

Reactions: 13
Yep, you want a nice cosy and reassuring TV presence, someone with empathy, warmth, wit and kindness. Not these vacuous morons Frizzell assumes viewers want.
Didn’t Whitmore do a true crime podcast with her husband? If it’s the one I’m thinking of, Christ, I wanted to commit a murder myself after listening to ten minutes of that.

• Haha
Come back Holly - all is forgiven! Jesus wept. Could ITV be any more out of touch with viewer tastes?

I would say Laura Whitmore started that story, herself.

If they want to truly kill whatever vestiges of an entertaining show, remain (I don't watch, so I don't know) then yes, LW is the woman to do that 🤣

I don't think Eamonn would be invited to return, even if he wanted to, but Ruth and Rylan would be a great combination.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I liked Eamonn Holmes’s and Fiona Phillips when they did GMTV, they were normal and very natural and I thought they were an excellent pairing.
Eamon despised Fiona. He used to call her 'Fye-Ona' just to wind her up. Perhaps the loathing comes from his hatred of Frizell, her husband. Listen, I could be wrong ... and if you know something I don't I'll be happy to wind my neck back in! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Eamon despised Fiona. He used to call her 'Fye-Ona' just to wind her up. Perhaps the loathing comes from his hatred of Frizell, her husband. Listen, I could be wrong ... and if you know something I don't I'll be happy to wind my neck back in! :ROFLMAO:
I didn’t know that they never got along. I never pick up on things like that 🤣

Reactions: 1
The producers have a chance to finally get this new pairing right. But why stop at two? Get two experienced presenters (my choice would be Ben and Sarah Greene) then bring in a third person (a Josie/Alison) for the lighter features

Reactions: 2
just a pity Phillips Husband and Philth had the knives out for Eamonn

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.