Holly Gabrielle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What Holly needs is to move permanently away from her family. Her mother comes across as very toxic, and Holly is trapped in childhood/childish patterns of behaviour with her sister.

Reactions: 6
What Holly needs is to move permanently away from her family. Her mother comes across as very toxic, and Holly is trapped in childhood/childish patterns of behaviour with her sister.
Honestly, yeah. And I think moving away from not only her parents, but Emily, too. Remember when she spoke about fuelling each others ED? I don't think that's the case now, but I'd imagine that behaviour is still there to an extent - in other ways. She certainly doesn't help how childish Holly is.

I'm starting to believe Holly is editing her videos in such a way to stir sympathy from her fans

Reactions: 1
I'm starting to believe Holly is editing her videos in such a way to stir sympathy from her fans
I have to agree with this, if she honestly did have such a bad relationship with her parents would she really get so homesick every time she left home, her parents visited her a fair amount at Uni, they all waved her off at the airport when she went travelling and they were in touch nearly every day. They may not get along very well but from a parents point of view too i cant imagine Holly is an easy child to parent with all her addictions/obsessions

Reactions: 2
I have to agree with this, if she honestly did have such a bad relationship with her parents would she really get so homesick every time she left home, her parents visited her a fair amount at Uni, they all waved her off at the airport when she went travelling and they were in touch nearly every day. They may not get along very well but from a parents point of view too i cant imagine Holly is an easy child to parent with all her addictions/obsessions
sounds about right

Yeah... I also think because she reads websites like GG (and maybe Tattle idk) she steers what she says and the content she creates in response to what she’s reading. Almost like she’s trying to make herself more of a victim? Idk but if you put your life online you can’t expect not to get people who are concerned/don’t like you.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I think so too..
Like we rarely saw her mother a few years back and now, after some discussion on GG every time she's on a video she is framed as a " bad parent".

I disagree. Speaking from personal experience growing up with a toxic parent, the enmeshment was such that I did miss her when I was away, as I'd been conditioned into codependency. I was told I was "difficult to parent" and "difficult to love", which wasn't true at all. I just had a crappy parent.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yeah I think so too..
Like we rarely saw her mother a few years back and now, after some discussion on GG every time she's on a video she is framed as a " bad parent".
I don’t know if she would do that intentionally though. What child would want their parent to look bad on the internet? That seems a bit too far.

i just think Holly sways things more to do with the way she thinks about her emotions etc. The way she talks about her feelings recently for example echoes what’s been said on the gossip sites. (not feeling okay with being in her own head etc which was said on GG). It just screams insecurity on so many levels, and I hope she sees a professional asap.

I disagree. Speaking from personal experience growing up with a toxic parent, the enmeshment was such that I did miss her when I was away, as I'd been conditioned into codependency. I was told I was "difficult to parent" and "difficult to love", which wasn't true at all. I just had a crappy parent.
Yeah same here. Can’t see why any child would want to demonise a parent. Not the way kids are built, no matter what age!

They are similar in many ways and - seeing as GG is down for the foreseeable future - I thought it would be worth popping this here.

Reactions: 3
She's neither a child nor a kid. She is an adult and Youtuber that literally profits from attention

• Heart
It didn’t seem like Holly’s mother was that willing to intervene when both daughters had an eating disorder and were comparing what they ate and restricting themselves, maybe it was due to her background as a dance teacher that she didn’t see it as that big of a problem? I think she’s always been pretty controlling, wants everything to be spotless in their home and fuels a lot of Holly’s unhealthy obsessive tendencies. She mentioned in one video her family was getting on her for not being clean, she is literally one of the cleanest people I’ve seen though. I feel for her, I agree that she is in a toxic environment and especially needs help with her relationship to food and exercise. Her body looks barely developed and her hair looks so dry in the rare occasion she doesn’t have it tied down or up in a bun. In Australia she seemed to thrive on the independence, I hope she is able to move out and find people who can set a better example than Emily.

It didn’t seem like Holly’s mother was that willing to intervene when both daughters had an eating disorder and were comparing what they ate and restricting themselves, maybe it was due to her background as a dance teacher that she didn’t see it as that big of a problem? I think she’s always been pretty controlling, wants everything to be spotless in their home and fuels a lot of Holly’s unhealthy obsessive tendencies. She mentioned in one video her family was getting on her for not being clean, she is literally one of the cleanest people I’ve seen though. I feel for her, I agree that she is in a toxic environment and especially needs help with her relationship to food and exercise. Her body looks barely developed and her hair looks so dry in the rare occasion she doesn’t have it tied down or up in a bun. In Australia she seemed to thrive on the independence, I hope she is able to move out and find people who can set a better example than Emily.
definitely a case of just needing to ‘flee the nest’. Majority of 22 year olds have gained a level of independence where they don’t really want to be living at home anymore. I think holly will really benefit from being away for a longer period of time. For her it’s defo a case of being away for an amount of time to get into a new routine!!

Are there any updates concerning her Masters applications ?
Not that I know of. She got into Wageningen and rejected from TUM... other than that I know she’s applied to a few London based courses but clearly hasn’t heard back!

Another thing....

Was watching her video of ‘waking up at 5am’.... and when it got to Tuesday which was her ‘working from 9-5’ day, she was literally working before 9am?!!!? She sat down and edited/prepped for tutoring before 9am??!!?

I think it’s ludicrous that she says she’s gonna work from 9-5 only and yet STILL worked before, it’s like she can’t help herself!!! She doesn’t let herself relax. She NEEDS to learn to be okay with her own thoughts. It’s constantly GO GO GO and it’s just not healthy. Great that she’s using her time but Jesus, slow down.

Last edited:
In Australia though she wasnt the most independent
Not that I know of. She got into Wageningen and rejected from TUM... other than that I know she’s applied to a few London based courses but clearly hasn’t heard back!

Another thing....

Was watching her video of ‘waking up at 5am’.... and when it got to Tuesday which was her ‘working from 9-5’ day, she was literally working before 9am?!!!? She sat down and edited/prepped for tutoring before 9am??!!?

I think it’s ludicrous that she says she’s gonna work from 9-5 only and yet STILL worked before, it’s like she can’t help herself!!! She doesn’t let herself relax. She NEEDS to learn to be okay with her own thoughts. It’s constantly GO GO GO and it’s just not healthy. Great that she’s using her time but Jesus, slow down.
i know she runs and does daily room workouts but i wonder if they are actual hobbies for enjoyment or more of her obsessive ED traits. She does not seem to do any relaxing/chill out hobbies that most last teens/early twenties would do, watch tv/youtube, date/check out tinder etc, zoom quiz. Everything is so strict and regimented

Yeah, I think this is also amplified by a still pretty dominant ED which in my experience at least, creates this infantile, child-like state of dependency/fear/insecurity that stops you from really being your own person. Her family seem very tight knit but the kids appear overly sheltered; it's possible that they're close and stifling at the same time. That's definitely fuelling the obsessive compartmentalisation of her time, the very rigid routines and repetitive 'safe' food. It seems she's been branching out a lot more food-wise compared to her early Cambridge vlogs though, where it was literally just smoothies, oats, and heaps of boiled starches and veg. At least we see some cakes and sweets now. She and her sister definitely have some kind of competitive dynamic going on; she's mentioned comparing food etc. I feel if Emily becomes a bit more flexible with food (one would hope with her going out on dates, mingling with the 'outside world' etc) then Holly will too, as it doesn't seem their family is particularly adventurous with food. Seems like her dad and brother don't always eat the same as the rest of them anyway. To each their own but I definitely wouldn't be able to eat that volume of boiled starches and veg with spices sprinkled on top rather than cooked in... sorry that's always a pet peeve of mine! Also, turmeric is not a topical spice, shout it louder for the back.

I watched her video saying she changes her bedsheets every 6 weeks, do you think she means days? I'd be a bit shocked if she only changes them every 6 weeks

• Wow
I watched her video saying she changes her bedsheets every 6 weeks, do you think she means days? I'd be a bit shocked if she only changes them every 6 weeks
She probably did mean weeks.... 6 days seems like a bit of a random number.

Think it’s a bit ew that she doesn’t change them more frequently. Most people change their sheets every 2-3 weeks (which is recommended). Idk each to their own though.

The way she talks annoys me a bit, like a bit of a fake Australian accent. But yeah, she definitely has an eating disorder.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.