Holly Gabrielle #8 If slow living why all the fast running?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that her rest day includes lots of walking and a gym session. I feel so bad for her that I might stop watching some of her content because it's sad to see someone so unwell.

Reactions: 9
I LOVE Linda McCartney sausages and I have never seen them look that anaemic when they're actually cooked
Holly never really learned to cook because she has always been afraid of seasoning and oils. She probably put them in a pan bare
---
Maybe she soaks them in ketchup once she has taken the photo...
I don't think I've ever seen Holly use a bottled sauce except maybe when she was traveling with Charlie

Reactions: 7
So she was throwing up Friday night, so on Saturday had a day off running and the gym and ‘just walked and cycled instead’ why can her family not see how unhinged and quite frankly insane that is??? Me and my bf both came down with a stomach bug last week and literally laid in bed for 2 days recovering, going outside was the last thing on our minds let alone going out and riding a bike! This girl needs help quickly

Reactions: 23
So she was throwing up Friday night, so on Saturday had a day off running and the gym and ‘just walked and cycled instead’ why can her family not see how unhinged and quite frankly insane that is??? Me and my bf both came down with a stomach bug last week and literally laid in bed for 2 days recovering, going outside was the last thing on our minds let alone going out and riding a bike! This girl needs help quickly
I was just about to comment this!! Who on earth thinks “oh I have food poisoning… let me just go on a quick 8km ride in the morning then ANOTHER 8km ride in the evening?!!?!”

Someone get her help ASAP.

Attachments

Reactions: 17
It’s blatant orthorexia and really concerning, he boyfriend is probably fuelling it too.

Reactions: 18
It is weird that nobody in her life seems willing to seek help for what is clearly a mentally ill individual. Fine if you don't want to/are not capable of getting a conventional job - it's not for everybody (although incredible that she has never even tried) - but an untreated (and obviously increasingly severe) exercise addition is another thing and it is odd that nobody in her life sees that (I am assuming that at this point she is incapable of helping herself).

Reactions: 14
It is weird that nobody in her life seems willing to seek help for what is clearly a mentally ill individual. Fine if you don't want to/are not capable of getting a conventional job - it's not for everybody (although incredible that she has never even tried) - but an untreated (and obviously increasingly severe) exercise addition is another thing and it is odd that nobody in her life sees that (I am assuming that at this point she is incapable of helping herself).
Her whole family seems to turn a blind eye to it, and she has no friends other than Angelo who seems to actively be encouraging her behaviour

Reactions: 14
I have nothing against Angelo because I obviously don't know him personally, but I don't think he's a positive overall influence on Holly.

He's clearly big into fitness and running, specifically. That's all well and good, but Holly doesn't want to be left behind and because of her competitive mindset, if he goes for a run, she has to as well. Yesterday, when her body was clearly screaming at her to rest, she decides to join him on a cycle ride while he goes for a run. She said he "looked after her"; if he was truly looking after her, he would have told her to stay at home and actually recover.

Going for an 8km cycle the day you're sick and then a 24km run the following day? How can he and Holly's family not look at that and become incredibly concerned. Her compulsion to exercise is an evident sickness and Angelo enables it. He either has a similar problem, is infatuated with her to the extent he can't say anything, or is whipped in the sense that he doesn't way to take any potential steps that could put the relationship at risk.

Again, it's only through a camera so I'm not going to act like an expert, but I much preferred her with Charlie. She seemed far more "free" there and would go out of her comfort zone. Even if unintentionally, Angelo supports her unhealthy lifestyle, as does the rest of her family.

Reactions: 13
Holly had orthorexia lonnng before Angelo appeared on the scene, but people are somehow making him responsible for her issues. 🙄 Why should he stop what he enjoys doing just because she has mental health issues? People have strange opinions on boundaries and accountability.

Reactions: 6
Holly had orthorexia lonnng before Angelo appeared on the scene, but people are somehow making him responsible for her issues. 🙄 Why should he stop what he enjoys doing just because she has mental health issues? People have strange opinions on boundaries and accountability.
I agree. I'm not saying Angelo is responsible as such, but nor do I think he is a positive influence. She's with someone who clearly also enjoys exercising and with her competitive spirit, she wants to match that. If he's aware that she has food poisoning, he should be telling her to stay away from lengthy cycles and actually recover so she can get better.

I don't know the guy personally at all (as do none of us) so maybe he has said something. I just feel she would benefit from having someone around her who she clearly loves and listens to saying this, rather than enabling the behaviour.

Reactions: 13
Angelo isn't responsible for issues she's had since she was a child, come on. No one is saying he needs to stop exercising, which is clearly his main hobby. However, he's clearly not encouraging good habits in Holly.

Reactions: 8
Because she was doing much better both diet and lifestyle wise before meeting him and only relapsed once they started dating.

Reactions: 7
I've said it once and I'll say it again, even if Angelo is not a bad person, he seems to bring out the worst in Holly. When Holly was with Charlie there was give and take. Holly got Charlie to go on runs and eat a bit cleaner and Charlie got Holly to loosen up a bit. Angelo seems to be everything that Holly wants to be, except what Holly wants doesn't seem to be healthy for her.

Reactions: 12