Holly Gabrielle #8 If slow living why all the fast running?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbf to Angelo, it is well documented how difficult it is to be with a mentally ill partner. There is every possibility he is (off camera) trying to get her to seek help - she controls her social media, so presumably wouldn't show this. Of course there is also every possibility he is not, but something worth considering. It is beyond bizarre that she went for a 24k run the day after claiming to have food poisoning (but hasn't she had that before - how often does one person get food poisoning?) and then a hike in the afternoon. Weird situation, won't end well.

Reactions: 3
I've said it once and I'll say it again, even if Angelo is not a bad person, he seems to bring out the worst in Holly. When Holly was with Charlie there was give and take. Holly got Charlie to go on runs and eat a bit cleaner and Charlie got Holly to loosen up a bit. Angelo seems to be everything that Holly wants to be, except what Holly wants doesn't seem to be healthy for her.
But Holly will always gravitate towards someone like Angelo rather than Charlie because she wants to control her weight. She may well have been exercising at night when she was with Charlie or skipping meals when his back was turned. Angelo isn’t bringing out anything that isn’t already there. I’ve never seen Angelo respond to her obsessing about running times or her comparing their times. It’s all her need for control and to be the best.
You are expecting Angelo to see things as we/you see them - from the outside of a situation that he is on the inside of.

Reactions: 2
But Holly will always gravitate towards someone like Angelo rather than Charlie because she wants to control her weight. She may well have been exercising at night when she was with Charlie or skipping meals when his back was turned. Angelo isn’t bringing out anything that isn’t already there. I’ve never seen Angelo respond to her obsessing about running times or her comparing their times. It’s all her need for control and to be the best.
You are expecting Angelo to see things as we/you see them - from the outside of a situation that he is on the inside of.
I'm not expecting anything out of Angelo. I'm saying he's not a good partner for Holly, not that he's not a good partner in general. Also, we don't know if Angelo is Holly's type or not. She thought that she was asexual for most of her adult life, so I don't think even Holly knows what she wants in a partner. The casual dating and exploration stage that a lot of people go through in their late teens to early twenties is hitting Holly just now.

Reactions: 6
They want to buy property together but the only time they lived together was in Asia, and then they came home early. I don't think that's a great sign for them tbh.

Reactions: 12
Tbf to Angelo, it is well documented how difficult it is to be with a mentally ill partner. There is every possibility he is (off camera) trying to get her to seek help - she controls her social media, so presumably wouldn't show this. Of course there is also every possibility he is not, but something worth considering.
Of course it's worth considering and I can't even imagine how hard it is to support a mentally ill partner - I had anorexia for years so can't even imagine what that's like to deal with - but Angelo genuinely doesn't seem to see an issue with Holly's training. He himself trains ridiculous amounts and whilst he doesn't necessarily actively encourage her, he equally doesn't seem to be discouraging her ... i.e. he could just tell her to rest and stay at home rather than cycling alongside him running etc.

Reactions: 4
Of course it's worth considering and I can't even imagine how hard it is to support a mentally ill partner - I had anorexia for years so can't even imagine what that's like to deal with - but Angelo genuinely doesn't seem to see an issue with Holly's training. He himself trains ridiculous amounts and whilst he doesn't necessarily actively encourage her, he equally doesn't seem to be discouraging her ... i.e. he could just tell her to rest and stay at home rather than cycling alongside him running etc.
Her relationship with ED and Angelo reminds me of her relationship with ED and Emily. She made videos in the past talking about how she was anxious to be away from Emily when she started uni because she wanted to eat and workout as much as Emily did.

Reactions: 10
I've said it once and I'll say it again, even if Angelo is not a bad person, he seems to bring out the worst in Holly. When Holly was with Charlie there was give and take. Holly got Charlie to go on runs and eat a bit cleaner and Charlie got Holly to loosen up a bit. Angelo seems to be everything that Holly wants to be, except what Holly wants doesn't seem to be healthy for her.
Two people who are not bad people in their own right can absolutely bring out the worst in each other, be a completely terrible idea for each other, but also very much be in love and be convinced that their relationship is healthy even when it is anything but.

Reactions: 15
Does she realise people work full time and deadlines and priorities are generally set by clients, customers and outside people's control.
Why is she always trying to give advice about things she knows nothing about? Is it an inflated ego?

Reactions: 6
Does she realise people work full time and deadlines and priorities are generally set by clients, customers and outside people's control.
Not only that, but for most adults in a career business is cyclical and there are times, especially for salaried workers, where you have to stay late or come in early or come in on the weekend to push through for a big client or big project.

Reactions: 4
Not only that, but for most adults in a career business is cyclical and there are times, especially for salaried workers, where you have to stay late or come in early or come in on the weekend to push through for a big client or big project.
Or you work in the public sector and it’s expected that you get in early, take no breaks, stay late and work the weekends? Plus you care too much about your patients to just work to rule. You get to swan around for walks and gym and runs and bike rides then spend the fee hours of “work” holed up in your childhood bedroom, seemingly mostly with your BOYFRIEND, whose tiny-caged rabbit’s fate has been left in the hands of a woman who clearly neglects him/her. She is so far from the real world and it seems no one can challenge her and I suspect she is very controlling of the family who have given up trying to reason with her. I think some of their perceived coldness is from exasperation and futility in trying.

Reactions: 8