Holly Gabrielle #6 Not Allowed to Eat Upstairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I'm being sensitive and I haven't yet watched the video, but I don't like how she's captioned her latest video basically saying learning how to drive was giving her mental breakdowns.
As someone that has had debilitating mental breakdowns this just rubbed me the wrong way.
Idk about this… we literally see her sobbing in the video, it seems like she’s having a panic attack, there’s discussion about how her OCD tendencies (in her words) affect it. She learned to drive 5 years ago and in all that length of time we know her mental health has been unstable and debilitating in many ways — I don’t think it’s unbelievable that she could’ve had breakdowns over it.

Reactions: 19
Okay this has turned into a sh*tshow on my part but now that I'm watching it and especially hearing about how she was made to watch a hazard video when she was 17 and now can't help but think of what could go wrong and her OCD tendencies under stress (I also have this) I retract my statement and shall go do the walk of shame 😂 🕳

Reactions: 12
I get why it would bother you before seeing the video. The phrase “having a mental breakdown” is thrown around so much like it means nothing. I guess more often than not on the internet it’s not being used in the proper context.

Reactions: 14
I don't get why she was filming driving. I know she might not be touching the camera but if you had that much anxiety driving why would you want another distraction in the car

Reactions: 25
I don't get why she was filming driving. I know she might not be touching the camera but if you had that much anxiety driving why would you want another distraction in the car
Yeah, I haven't watched the video in full, so maybe she addresses it, but if driving is such a major source of stress, then sticking a camera on the dash and putting yourself on display to an audience when you're doing something that already causes you to panic and feel anxious makes zero sense to me.

Reactions: 6
Yeah, I haven't watched the video in full, so maybe she addresses it, but if driving is such a major source of stress, then sticking a camera on the dash and putting yourself on display to an audience when you're doing something that already causes you to panic and feel anxious makes zero sense to me.
Yeh I didn't watch it fully was annoyed

Feel like at this point the camera is Hollys only source of comfort, and getting her viewers to watch her drive for some validation is probably what (even if not entirely intentional) was meant here.

Holly has a bit of a tendency to film for a reaction or film for the comment section (in my opinion- idk about anyone else) so this was the perfect opportunity for people to tell her how brave she is and how great she’s doing by even beginning to do it again.

Reactions: 13
Even though I love driving, her video was making me feel tense. I totally get that intrusive thoughts can get in the way of doing things, and my mum has a fear of driving so I know how it can get. I think with situations like this, you really need to build in success - she really threw herself in at the deep end by driving alone and driving down narrow country lanes. Potentially something she needs to work through with a therapist, especially when she was talking about thinking that someone would purposefully ram into her from a side road (realistically no one would want to do this).

I do feel for her. She is not going to be young for ever and neither will her followers. Eventually her viewers may move on, YouTube will be replaced by something else or she'll lose interest it.

I really hope she has plan b.

She cant expect to be selling study notes for her degree/A levels she did a few years ago forever.

Reactions: 4
Just came here to rant that she's going to talk at the TedxCambridge event and the stupid way she teased that she would open about some topics she's never talked about before or whatever. When will she ever learn that just blurting out all her traumas and issues on wildly public platforms is first not going to help her, because it doesn't involve any problem solving with a professionally trained person, and is second dangerous and irresponsible for everyone around her, that gets 'inspired' by her warped, denial-ridden mindset and lifestyle. It is simply so bleeping irresponsible to give this girl a platform like this, both for herself and the audience.

Edit: Checked her post again and it says she will talk about something that's very important to her. Can't see her talking about any useful stuff she must have learned about at uni, but rather veganism (or rather the weird restrictive-"post"-eating-disorder-veganism she's practising).

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
God this was painful to watch...

You should not be in a car on your own if you can't confidently drive. Sorry to be harsh, but she's asking around the eight minute mark which headlights she should put on and checking whether they're on. She's panicking during the driving apparently and really, really should start this with an instructor who can take control of the car.

Plus she gets offended that a bus driver asks where her learner plates are - she really should get some!! It's an easy way to let other drivers know you're not fully confident. There's no law against using them if you're refreshing your skills, surely?

Finally, therapy should come before all this...

It's just weird to me that she's so scared of being hurt but I don't think she's quite realising that being this terrified and panicked can hurt other people.

Reactions: 25
It's just weird to me that she's so scared of being hurt but I don't think she's quite realising that being this terrified and panicked can hurt other people.
Exactly. If she did get into an accident and it was her fault, she isn't going to get any sympathy from law enforcement, insurers etc. just because she's panicked and has a fear of driving. I would be livid if I got into an accident because a terrified driver did an unnecessary emergency stop or a dangerous evasive manoeuvre.

Reactions: 11
I was thinking Holly should ideally get an instructor, but if she couldn't then one of her parents could sit beside her. Right after I thought that, I remembered that her parents are toxic and would probably berate her like they did when she got on the wrong train

Reactions: 15
I was thinking Holly should ideally get an instructor, but if she couldn't then one of her parents could sit beside her. Right after I thought that, I remembered that her parents are toxic and would probably berate her like they did when she got on the wrong train
Financially, she can afford an instructor, her pride can't.

Can you imagine driving and having her mom right beside you? I would willingly crash into a car just to get her to shut up

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Has anyone watched the new video?

She keeps emphazing about her adult life. Lost count how many times she uses the word adult. It's like she is trying to justify herself.

she also comared uni life to now and how at uni there was always exams to study for blah blah.

And now she is so many deadlines different deadlines as she is her own boss. I wonder what deadline is talking about like not uploading a video. Big deal.

It's like she so thinks she is the only one in the world. She needs to get real job and work in a team as she seems to have no idea what the real world is like.

Reactions: 6
My cousin was obsessed with Holly especially during 2017-19, this was when we were doing our GCSEs and A Levels so I noticed a lot of my peers watching studytubers. My cousin did science A Levels so Holly was someone she would watch and relate too. However my cousin started showing signs of an ED and becoming very obsessive when studying when we were in year 11. Obviously exam years are stressful and she’s always been a lot more dedicated than me, but I can’t help but think how some of these things, especially her restrictive eating habits, might have coincided with her becoming obsessed with Holly’s content and the kind of habits she was promoting. I think this became even more obvious when it came to applying to university and my cousin’s first choice was to study Chemistry at Cambridge. Unfortunately she didn’t get in, however, instead of going to a different university she realised that she only really liked the course at Cambridge and took a year out and applied to do Engineering. She does still show some tendencies to restrict her eating, however since moving out for uni and not having her parents for support, she seems to have improved a lot, instead of regressing like her parents were worried she would and actually seems to enjoy herself. She’s still very studious (she was doing revision on Christmas Day) but does make time for other things and I think realises her whole worth does not revolve around how well she does academically. I don’t think this was entirely because of watching people like Holly, but I do think consuming this kind of content exacerbated her feelings towards studying and only made things worse for her.

Reactions: 11
You can tell that even though she left uni quite a while ago she still struggles to find a reason to do things. It is quite sad that all she cared about was doing well in exams.. I was the same at school but not uni- that’s when I realised there’s so much more to life than perfect grades. At least she realises now, better late than never.

Why is she not solo travelling yet? It’s been allowed covid-wise for a long time now. I think many people will be inspired by seeing her do that and I’m looking forward to it.

Reactions: 9
You can tell that even though she left uni quite a while ago she still struggles to find a reason to do things. It is quite sad that all she cared about was doing well in exams.. I was the same at school but not uni- that’s when I realised there’s so much more to life than perfect grades. At least she realises now, better late than never.

Why is she not solo travelling yet? It’s been allowed covid-wise for a long time now. I think many people will be inspired by seeing her do that and I’m looking forward to it.
I think it would really benefit her to actually get a job, rather than trying to stay self-motivated doing... whatever it is she does all day.

Reactions: 13
I think it would really benefit her to actually get a job, rather than trying to stay self-motivated doing... whatever it is she does all day.
I cant believe she has a uni degree and a masters from two prestigious universities and she's making YouTube videos about smoothies, oats and working out.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.