Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually think the reason she doesn’t talk about animal welfare etc is because she’s too in to it and doesn’t want the backlash. I remember she once uploaded a video saying that humans didnt evolve to eat meat or something years ago and the backlash to that was rightfully intense. Plus for a lot of cancer research jobs, animal testing is a necessary part of the field and she might not want to alienate potential laboratory groups or job opportunities etc. I still wonder if they feed their pets meat.

Reactions: 12
Lol I was looking for that Animal Rights March 2018 video out of curiosity and found another one from 2017 on Emily's channel and omg Emily and Holly are like the most awkward protest march attendees ever. I mean, activism is great and all, good for them, but man that video was just so awkward xD But yeah I guess out of the two Emily is more interested in activism.

Here's the link btw:
god this is so cringe, "day of activism" going ot a protest and then never mentioning it again :rolleyes: I don't get how they are so surprised people are looking at them of course they would look at a group shouting and holding signs, I work on a protest route in central london and there is pretty much (pre pandemic) a protest every week, thye seem to be acting as if it is such a rare thing

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I actually think the reason she doesn’t talk about animal welfare etc is because she’s too in to it and doesn’t want the backlash. I remember she once uploaded a video saying that humans didnt evolve to eat meat or something years ago and the backlash to that was rightfully intense. Plus for a lot of cancer research jobs, animal testing is a necessary part of the field and she might not want to alienate potential laboratory groups or job opportunities etc. I still wonder if they feed their pets meat.
If so, putting her own job opportunities above her supposed ethics = not very strong ethics.

Reactions: 6
If so, putting her own job opportunities above her supposed ethics = not very strong ethics.
exactly, I actually think people like this are much more ridiculous than people who eat meat/support animal testing (or whatever - no shame i do) and ignore any ethical issues,. It is much worse to apparently look into the issues and THEN continue to benefit from a career which does so.
I also don't think, for as book smart as she is, she doesn;t have any amount of ability/general knowledge to debate things, she has studied her narrow field, but would be no good in any kind of debate about any issue outside of studying, she has a very narrow world view

Reactions: 3
tbf the definition of veganism is to avoid animal exploitation as much as possible - for cancer research you don't have alternatives, but for makeup (not necessary to begin with) you do
so I don't think conducting cancer research is non vegan but I could see why non vegans researchers would be iffy to employ vegans, as they wouldn't know/care (most of all lol) about these nuances

Reactions: 15
I think I remember her saying something like “imagine eating your pet” in a video where she was telling you why you should go vegan. I can’t remember the exact video and I don’t know if she’s deleted it but I’ll try to find it. But I remember people being pissed about that haha.

In regards to the animal testing, there was another video I think (my memory is crap sorry) where she stated that she would sit out of anything in labs involving animals. Again Ill try to find that video too.

Reactions: 7
Thank you for summarising the Q&A @ECH

People ask weird questions for youtuber/influencer Q&As. I sort of get it, humans are nosy etc. But I also can't imagine asking someone about their first kiss? or if they have a period? It's just entirely not my business.

That said, despite it not being my business I worry for Holly because as some of you have mentioned her behaviour around food and exercise still seems a bit disordered. :(
Not sure if this has been said before but on her story Holly asked for “questions I avoid” so I guess it makes sense for people to ask such personal questions

• Heart
Reactions: 4
To be fair you can believe that it is ethically wrong to kill animals to eat but acceptable to use them to further cancer research. Depends where she lies on that.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think I remember her saying something like “imagine eating your pet” in a video where she was telling you why you should go vegan. I can’t remember the exact video and I don’t know if she’s deleted it but I’ll try to find it. But I remember people being pissed about that haha.

In regards to the animal testing, there was another video I think (my memory is crap sorry) where she stated that she would sit out of anything in labs involving animals. Again Ill try to find that video too.
Yep - think I found that video! From 9:06.

She didn't seem 100% sure on where she stood on using animals for research into drugs, and says she didn't want to go into research anyway, but this was a few years ago.

Reactions: 3
Her recent vlog is so nice! It seems like she has really enjoyed learning German and has fun playing around with it. And that's without formal instruction, grades, or some kind of "measurement" regarding progress, which I feel is a nice component to have on her channel which otherwise, by nature of its being a studytube channel, is very outcome-oriented.

Reactions: 9
As a native German speaker I really enjoyed her video but find it a bit disheartening that yet again, it's a sponsored vid, so basically an ad for babble. Will she ever produce content just for the sake of vlogging/sharing her life again? :confused:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
so from her video, she basically confirms to have actively suffered during her whole time at Cambridge, then getting her period a year ago (i think she might have posted today as a year anniversary since she says the date is so important to her) but also admits her mindset (aka ED thoughts) wasn't right ...

I'm so glad she's opening up about it (even though a therapist would still be better than her camera!) but she has gotten worse in appearance since last summer (right after she came back from Australia) so I'm worried that she is using her having her period as an excuse not to go further with increasing calories and esp. fat, not being underweight etc.. because "well I have my period so I must be healthy"

Holly if you're reading this, this is a great step in the right direction. Just be careful about the marathon training ruining your progress. Please eat a rich diet at least during your training. It won't hurt you, you'll benefit from it

Reactions: 24
I'm worried that she is using her having her period as an excuse not to go further with increasing calories and esp. fat, not being underweight etc.. because "well I have my period so I must be healthy"
I think it might also be the cause of her relapse.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m so so glad she’s got her period back.

by no means does this mean she’s ‘healthy’ though. As she said, she lost it for 7 years. Her body is still in recovery from that and still has to gain weight in order to (as Holly puts it) divert energy into restoring her bone density, sex hormones, growth hormones, skin health, nail/hair health, eye health, among so much else.

a period is a sign your body is taking a step in the right direction but from what she’s said it seems she still has a while to go in terms of mindset in order to truly help herself. She needs to be fully happy in the knowledge that gaining MORE weight will not hurt her, having a proper sex drive is a good thing, and overall, that her period really really truly is a great thing (not a burden and not something to be annoyed about).

still seems like she’s trying to convince herself about everything she spoke to the camera about

• Heart
Reactions: 14
am I the only one who felt like half of her latest video was a lie? she looks even skinnier than she was in Cambridge but she allegedly gets regular periods now?

Reactions: 16
am I the only one who felt like half of her latest video was a lie? she looks even skinnier than she was in Cambridge but she allegedly gets regular periods now?
I don’t think Holly is telling the truth about anything. You watch her videos and all it feels like is an effort to convince herself that everything’s ok. It’s just sad that she’s doing this so publicly and potentially influencing members of her young audience that living like her is a good idea. If she needs to talk to someone, she needs to be doing that privately and to a therapist who can push her a bit, and not to YouTube where she can delete anything she doesn’t like.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
...talking...to....a...camera....is.....not...therapy........... also what happened to keeping her private life ‘more private’? clearly can’t handle people ‘filling in the gaps’.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think it might be that she was well enough to get it after Australia, but now has relapsed, it's just not "bad enough" for her to lose her period yet?
imo she doesn't look skinnier than Cambridge (esp. 1/2 year) but defo worse than after Australia

Reactions: 4
It’s like Holly has enough self awareness to make a video to explain that she was without periods for a while but she doesn’t have enough self awareness to realise she’s still in restrictive patterns and that she looks so unwell. 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The extent to which she's lying to herself... wow. I noticed how it's all about her "mindet" and Holly "working on herself" but not once does she mention the physical dangers of having low estrogen levels in connection with malnutrition/anorexia. What about the inherent danger of reduced bone density which can lead to osteoporosis? Doesn't exist in Holly's world apparently. I really wish she'd start working on herself for real instead of categorizing, problematiszing and theorizing everything so that it fits into her "mindset".

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.