Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I'm British and I also don't see why I'd need to see a gynaecologist. I got several letters in the post inviting me to my first cervical smear test, which the practice nurse did with no issues, I have my GP to sort out contraception/periods (which they're amazing at, it's their bread and butter), and there are loads of places to go and get STI testing if you need to. I don't have any serious gynae issues so I don't need to see a gynaecologist, just like I don't have any heart issues so I don't need to see a cardiologist 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Yeah I'm British and I also don't see why I'd need to see a gynaecologist. I got several letters in the post inviting me to my first cervical smear test, which the practice nurse did with no issues, I have my GP to sort out contraception/periods (which they're amazing at, it's their bread and butter), and there are loads of places to go and get STI testing if you need to. I don't have any serious gynae issues so I don't need to see a gynaecologist, just like I don't have any heart issues so I don't need to see a cardiologist 🤷🏻‍♀️
Oh yeah my GP offered to test for STIs on my smear which was great and thanks to covid now I can get my GP to renew my pill perscription over the phone and send it to my local pharmacy electronically 😍

Reactions: 3
this honestly makes me feel weird... I've mentioned it before but it made me feel uneasy and not taken care of when I was in the UK... do those living in the UK feel it affects how gyno-related issues are treated? like do you think rates would be lower if those appointments were mandatory/strongly recommended?
I am in the UK, under 25 and have seen a gynaecologist for a ovarian cyst, and I was referred very quickly, so I don't think you miss out on medical care over here. Like others have said it's so easy to get access to contraception or STI tests.

I do think maybe if we had yearly (?) checkups like they do in other countries then maybe things like missed periods due to bad health would be picked up better, but then again you would have to say that outright to a doctor because I don't know if they can tell from a blood test that someone is not menstruating

I am in the UK, under 25 and have seen a gynaecologist for a ovarian cyst, and I was referred very quickly, so I don't think you miss out on medical care over here. Like others have said it's so easy to get access to contraception or STI tests.

I do think maybe if we had yearly (?) checkups like they do in other countries then maybe things like missed periods due to bad health would be picked up better, but then again you would have to say that outright to a doctor because I don't know if they can tell from a blood test that someone is not menstruating
I don't think you can tell from a blood test. I'm assuming at least one of the four hormones involved in the cycle would be low but there could be many explanations for that. Also they're not hormones that are tested in general blood test check ups.

I'm curious though (sorry if this is too off topic) but how do countries have mandatory check ups? I feel like that's something that couldn't be legally mandated (at least in the US/ UK/ Aus) etc due to bodily autonomy.

Idk maybe I'm just naive/sheltered but I can't imagine losing my period for years as a teenager and never once confiding in someone. Like if her family really didn't know, how isolating must that've been? Now I feel even more sad for Holly :/
Yeah I feel like that's really sad if she couldn't confide or her parent's didn't notice that something was wrong with her AND her sister... :(

Like I've never had a close relationship with my mum and periods etc were never really discussed but at the very least I feel like if I'd completely lost my period as a teenager I would have been able to mention it to her and she would have taken me to get medical help!

Oh this is super interesting, I didn't know any of this! In Germany where I live, it's common practice for people my age (twenties) to see a gynecologist once a year for a general check-up that includes cancer screening, too. But I mean, you don't have to do it if you don't want to, of course. But health insurance pays for it, and it's generally recommended as good practice.

But I guess that explains why Holly apparently didn't get medical help for her amenorrhoe (apart from that one doctor at Cambridge who wanted to prescribe her the pill, I guess).

Also I don't know if Holly posting before-and-after body-checking photos on social media is the sign of recovery she seems to think it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
New here but been watching her for a long time: so, basically, from the "questions I've never answered" + this last video I'm 100% deducing that she's anti-vax.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Are we meant to be able to see a difference here?

Genuinely, I cannot see any difference at all?

View attachment 628259
She's visibly softer than before so - she has lost muscle mass and and her body fat percentage has gone up. Extra body fat helped kickstart her ovaries.

Getting/losing your period is down to your bf% not the weight, that's why some normal weight sportswomen end up losing their periods and some underweight women still have theirs. I imagine Holly is in the second category now - enough body fat for the reproductive system to function but still underweight and visibly malnourished.

But she's convinced she's healthy now bc she got her period! 😬 Never mind everything else that's still wrong.

Reactions: 7
The extent to which she's lying to herself... wow. I noticed how it's all about her "mindet" and Holly "working on herself" but not once does she mention the physical dangers of having low estrogen levels in connection with malnutrition/anorexia. What about the inherent danger of reduced bone density which can lead to osteoporosis? Doesn't exist in Holly's world apparently. I really wish she'd start working on herself for real instead of categorizing, problematiszing and theorizing everything so that it fits into her "mindset".
Very true. It's so serious but often not taken seriously enough. I've had an ed since my early teens, never started my periods, and by the time I was around Holly's age I had osteoporosis. Low estrogen can also put your heart at risk. I must say I'm quite concerned about Holly doing this marathon.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Oh this is super interesting, I didn't know any of this! In Germany where I live, it's common practice for people my age (twenties) to see a gynecologist once a year for a general check-up that includes cancer screening, too. But I mean, you don't have to do it if you don't want to, of course. But health insurance pays for it, and it's generally recommended as good practice.

But I guess that explains why Holly apparently didn't get medical help for her amenorrhoe (apart from that one doctor at Cambridge who wanted to prescribe her the pill, I guess).

Also I don't know if Holly posting before-and-after body-checking photos on social media is the sign of recovery she seems to think it is.
Hello fellow German 😁
was just about to post the same! I go every year and I can’t quite wrap my head around some people never going?
Please reconsider! There are many issues that can only be found through a check up! I know someone
who went and they found a lump which turned out to be really early breast cancer but it was quite “easily” managed as it was so early.

• Heart
I'm curious though (sorry if this is too off topic) but how do countries have mandatory check ups? I feel like that's something that couldn't be legally mandated (at least in the US/ UK/ Aus) etc due to bodily autonomy.
I'm in Australia, and they send you letters once you hit the age where a screening is recommended and then follow up letters if you don't attend. It also gets flagged on the system when you visit your GP.
this honestly makes me feel weird... I've mentioned it before but it made me feel uneasy and not taken care of when I was in the UK... do those living in the UK feel it affects how gyno-related issues are treated? like do you think rates would be lower if those appointments were mandatory/strongly recommended?
I've lived in the UK as well as Australia and always felt like I had access to appropriate gynecological care. Also didn't have the stress of ever worrying if I could afford the visit, which is of course a bonus! (of course, this is just my experience and I recognise yours was different!)

There’s something weird about their family set up. Both girls had eating issues, both went vegan (did they go vegan before their mum or because of their mum)? Both show paltry food portions. Emily just seems to be a bit better, looks a little healthier in her face and hair but she’s still really thin, which could be genetics, but she has a job and distraction of a new boyfriend so is more likely to be making better choices and will be cooking meals with him so has an external influence. Holly is still at home, eating boiled vegetables with a drizzle of tahini. You’d think you would notice if both of your girls were having issues for several years. The parents come across as indifferent. Only their brother looks healthy, he does fitness and seems to have a healthier weight to him.

Reactions: 13
Hello fellow German 😁
was just about to post the same! I go every year and I can’t quite wrap my head around some people never going?
Please reconsider! There are many issues that can only be found through a check up! I know someone
who went and they found a lump which turned out to be really early breast cancer but it was quite “easily” managed as it was so early.
I think it is really just a societal norm thing. obviously in the UK we have free healthcare but it is pretty rare to go to a doctor unless there is an issue. for whatever reason we don't really do "preventative" medicine (apart from specifics like smears) so unless you are older or have had some kind of health issue in the past a general health check, with things like blood tests is basically unheard of, as far as I know anyway

Reactions: 11
Regarding the latest video, I'm not sure about wearing a hoodie that says "Murdered Abroad" on it 😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Regarding the latest video, I'm not sure about wearing a hoodie that says "Murdered Abroad" on it 😬
who in their right mind would think this is a good idea at any time, but especially with the court case of that greek woman murdered abroad by her husband going on?!

Reactions: 4
I'd respect Holly a lot more if she stopped the horrible bodychecking thumbnails. It's ED triggering and gross. Stop it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'd respect Holly a lot more if she stopped the horrible bodychecking thumbnails. It's ED triggering and gross. Stop it.
This is what, to me (apart from her appearance), clearly indicates she has not recovered, I would think someone who had recovered from an ED would be more mindful of triggering others

• Heart
Reactions: 16
New here but been watching her for a long time: so, basically, from the "questions I've never answered" + this last video I'm 100% deducing that she's anti-vax.
I found her respponse that she would *probably* get vaccinated when she got her offer, and that she'd have to do it if she ever wanted to travel again, a bit odd. Who in their right mind answers that question with anything other than a resounding YES! in this day and age?!
I don't think she's anti-vaxx, but I would have hoped for her to be more explicitly pro-vaxx.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I found her respponse that she would *probably* get vaccinated when she got her offer, and that she'd have to do it if she ever wanted to travel again, a bit odd. Who in their right mind answers that question with anything other than a resounding YES! in this day and age?!
I don't think she's anti-vaxx, but I would have hoped for her to be more explicitly pro-vaxx.
Despite her science background she does strike me as someone who would be antivaxx tbh, her sister saying she "doesn't believe" in the pill or whatever it was is an indication of this imo. I get you can be against taking the pill or whatever for many reasons, but to say you don't "believe"in it makes 0 sense, it has been proven to work most of the time, you may as well say you don't believe in science. And then this coupled with the fact her family don;t see that she clearly needs some kind of psychological help.. maybe I am reaching but to me this all ties in

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.