Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Calling it now re. marathon - she’s not going to complete, or will collapse right after. I have zero faith in her ability to do it in a healthy way, coach or no coach.
I imagine she will end up breaking a bone, a have a very healthy friend who broke a toe during, god knows how it will be for someone who probably has very weak bones

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Whilst I don’t wish injury on anyone, in some ways it would be better if she injures herself during training and has to stop, because if she completes a marathon then it just gives her that validation that how she’s living is somehow ok and I can see things getting worse. If you’re ending up in A and E because your circulation is so poor that your hands turn blue then there’s no way you’re healthy enough train for and complete a marathon. It’s just crazy and honestly, I’m finding it hard to watch her videos at the moment as it’s such a horror-show. You can see a really sad chain of events unfolding and it’s a tragedy that Holly can’t seem to help herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She will not complete the marathon she might get to like 13 miles but I doubt she will complete it all. She is just too unhealthy and going to the park and doing some stretches in the morning is nowhere near the same as 26 miles of gruelling impact cardio.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m concerned though because she’s always put her body under such a serious amount of stress.

i can see her emotionally and mentally collapsing.... not physically (although at the rate she’s going she will be too weak to finish the marathon.)

she was in the depths of an eating disorder and training in dance for what seemed to be a minimum of 12 hours a week. That in top of her studies and extra walking/running/general cardio meant her mind was under strain, and I’d say that’s the way she’s headed now, except replace dance with marathon.

Reactions: 15
Calling it now re. marathon - she’s not going to complete, or will collapse right after. I have zero faith in her ability to do it in a healthy way, coach or no coach.
It's such a random charity that I think they might have just randomly contacted anyone to get their places filled? Don't get me wrong I get they do important work but it's not an obvious choice. I dunno.

I'm hoping if she does have a trainer then that they stop her from running it because surely there would be duty of care etc

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's such a random charity that I think they might have just randomly contacted anyone to get their places filled? Don't get me wrong I get they do important work but it's not an obvious choice. I dunno.

I'm hoping if she does have a trainer then that they stop her from running it because surely there would be duty of care etc
If she has a trainer, she may have had to sign a disclaimer that she's consulted a medical expert beforehand and she's fully aware of the risks, etc. It'd be an insurance nightmare otherwise for a coach. I'm training for London Marathon, and I'm eating a hell of a lot more than her (e.g. did 10km today, doing 18km tomorrow so having two dinners just because 😂). I do worry about her doing this marathon, they're a LOT of training and work, they take over your life.

Reactions: 11
I reckon she will complete the marathon in a decent time (probably GFA qualifying or not far off) because she is very stubborn, competitive and regimented, she will be crippled and probably even end up hospitalized afterwards because she will probably refuse to take on any of the isotonic drinks provided or energy gels.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I reckon she will complete the marathon in a decent time (probably GFA qualifying or not far off) because she is very stubborn, competitive and regimented, she will be crippled and probably even end up hospitalized afterwards because she will probably refuse to take on any of the isotonic drinks provided or energy gels.
I agree. She is starting off from a good base, which makes a huge difference. I reckon that those thinking that she won't finish or will collapse, aren't really runners. If someone has a really good cardio base, it's not easy to transition from 10-20 km runs to training 30-35 km runs. Depending on the weather, runners may not need water or gels for these distances. If you trying for a fast time for a full marathon then you do need a hydration and nutrition (gels, carbs, whatever works) plan but running without these is not truly needed for training runs. If you're running relatively fast, it doesn't take as long to do 80-100 km or more per week for marathon prep. Anyways, long distance running is a poster child of female athlete triad so the sport is full of people who are at least as restrictive as Holly and unfortunately, such runners can often keep going quite awhile before they acquire a stress injury.

Reactions: 6
Oops I meant it's not HARD to transition from 10-20 km runs to training 30-35 km lol

Reactions: 1
I haven't watched her videos since I unsubbed a few years ago...watched the most recent one today and she looks like an old lady on her deathbed :(
Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 6.37.01 PM.png

I hope she gets help. She's clearly intelligent since she graduated the top of her class in one of the top universities in the world.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Maybe that nutrition course would have been good her so she could learn that olive oil isn't actually bad for you? Also even if it was it would be worth it I can't imagine how bad her food must taste 🤢
it's a really common belief put out by those documentaries like forks over knives that olive oil is bad and does tit to the heart.

she also said once that she doesn't like cooking with oil but is fine with it when she goes out...

I hope she gets help. She's clearly intelligent since she graduated the top of her class in one of the top universities in the world.
I don't think she'll get help. She's in too deep. And her family don't seem to care at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I agree. She is starting off from a good base, which makes a huge difference. I reckon that those thinking that she won't finish or will collapse, aren't really runners. If someone has a really good cardio base, it's not easy to transition from 10-20 km runs to training 30-35 km runs. Depending on the weather, runners may not need water or gels for these distances. If you trying for a fast time for a full marathon then you do need a hydration and nutrition (gels, carbs, whatever works) plan but running without these is not truly needed for training runs. If you're running relatively fast, it doesn't take as long to do 80-100 km or more per week for marathon prep. Anyways, long distance running is a poster child of female athlete triad so the sport is full of people who are at least as restrictive as Holly and unfortunately, such runners can often keep going quite awhile before they acquire a stress injury.
Is she starting from a good base though? She already has an injury that has flared at least twice, that she never dealt with properly and was caused by her continuing to run when something hurt.

As a runner, I can confirm that if she doesn't take gels on or anything, she is most likely going to be hitting the dreaded "wall" come 20 miles - you just completely run out of energy and crash physically and mentally. As someone else has mentioned, she hasn't dealt with injury properly before, which is going to come back round to bite her. I'm not convinced she's going to do it.

Reactions: 10
As a runner, I can confirm that if she doesn't take gels on or anything, she is most likely going to be hitting the dreaded "wall" come 20 miles - you just completely run out of energy and crash physically and mentally. As someone else has mentioned, she hasn't dealt with injury properly before, which is going to come back round to bite her. I'm not convinced she's going to do it.
And lol even with the best intentions it can be hard to get gels down. I went though about 8 brands before I found some that didn't make me feel ill. That meant running a marathon and not furling apart from liquid electrolyte from about 16km. It was ROUGH. but I knew how important nutrition with long distances and that you had to train your body to accept nutrition whole working hard. I feel like Holly would either look at the ingredients and be like nah I ain't eating fructose or try one, feel sick and not persist or try other brands.

Reactions: 9
She doesn‘t have to rely on those gels.
When Niomi Smart ran the marathon she only (or mostly?) ate her own energy balls and snacks, but of course that would require for Holly to step out of her comfort zone and get creative in the kitchen.

She doesn‘t have to rely on those gels.
When Niomi Smart ran the marathon she only (or mostly?) ate her own energy balls and snacks, but of course that would require for Holly to step out of her comfort zone and get creative in the kitchen.
Though those looked pretty gross. Not sure they’d be much better tasting than a gel.

Reactions: 4
Though those looked pretty gross. Not sure they’d be much better tasting than a gel.
I agree :LOL:
The whole point was that she knew exactly what was in them though, not good taste. And lets be honest, rarely any of Hollys food look like it tastes particularly good

• Haha
I agree :LOL:
The whole point was that she knew exactly what was in them though, not good taste. And lets be honest, rarely any of Hollys food look like it tastes particularly good
"rarely" I assume you mean never but are being polite:LOL: speaking of Niomi Smart, she clearly has a very unhealthy relationship with food, but I don't think it is to the extent that Holly does, obviously that is not something I can say with certainty as you never know what is in someone's head, but Niomi, while very thin, doesn;t look anywhere near as unhealthily thin as Holly

Reactions: 6
"rarely" I assume you mean never but are being polite:LOL: speaking of Niomi Smart, she clearly has a very unhealthy relationship with food, but I don't think it is to the extent that Holly does, obviously that is not something I can say with certainty as you never know what is in someone's head, but Niomi, while very thin, doesn;t look anywhere near as unhealthily thin as Holly
There have been some smoothie bowls that looked okay imo but yeah, I was being rather polite :ROFLMAO:
As for Niomi, she definitely has some issues herself but I do think she at least tries to eat somewhat balanced meals.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.