Holly Gabrielle #3 Spends hours in class and eats only grass

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s got a secret project?? Why is she taking on MORE stuff?? She’s already got holygemia (god I die everytime I have to say that name) and we saw how stressful that was. I don’t even know how’s she able to manage all the tutors and that side of business, as well as Narna, and her masters, and her ridiculous amount of exercise. Genuinely... how does she do it all?? And she is doing well in her Masters too... oh yeah, it comes at the expense of her health and her ED.

Reactions: 12
She’s got a secret project?? Why is she taking on MORE stuff?? She’s already got holygemia (god I die everytime I have to say that name) and we saw how stressful that was. I don’t even know how’s she able to manage all the tutors and that side of business, as well as Narna, and her masters, and her ridiculous amount of exercise. Genuinely... how does she do it all?? And she is doing well in her Masters too... oh yeah, it comes at the expense of her health and her ED.
I dont think she does too much for her tutoring business probably.

Reactions: 3
No one:
Holly: Literally squeezes a spot and includes it in the vlog.
That part got me confused too. I don't think it's the biggest deal that she popped her zit. But if it's not something she would do in public, why film it for the whole world to see? There's also the fact that she edited the video days later and decided to keep that clip in...

Reactions: 7
I genuinely think Holly forgets her channel doesn’t have 10,000 subs anymore. Does she realise she has nearly 400k???? I don’t understand why she puts, to list some things:

-farting
-gremlin Holly
-popping spots
-her with only a sports bra
-her doing workouts in her room

like, these would be fine if she was still 18 or whatever, but this girl is literally 23 and will need to look for jobs soon! She’s the boss of all her tutors ffs!! Like how is she not embarrassed

I don't think there's anything wrong with the workouts (well, other than that they're representative of a bigger issue with Holly personally, but someone else doing them I wouldn't bat an eyelash at) but the spots and gremlin stuff is definitely something I wouldn't put online and I'm the same age as Holly

Reactions: 11
I honestly don’t think anyone would get it’s relation to ‘academia’ when they first hear it. I only know it’s related to that because Holly had to explain it😂😂

Reactions: 8
I honestly don’t think anyone would get it’s relation to ‘academia’ when they first hear it. I only know it’s related to that because Holly had to explain it😂😂
Yeah it's super confusing because it's like since when is it called acagemia.. like where does the g come from what is that g doing there.. it's especially weird that she was apparently hell-bent on putting the g in there when she's not even known as Holly G? Like noone ever refers to her as Holly G, yet when it came to picking a name she apparently went "yes it HAS to include the g for Gabrielle, that makes sense"

And honestly the only words "Hollygemia" reminds me of is "bulimia" or else some kind of germ. not great associations to invoke with a business name lmao

Reactions: 20
She is past looking sick. She looks awful. I don't know if I can even watch her videos anymore.
If I looked like that my mum would be having blunt words to say I need to get help. Even though I am early 30s now and haven't lived home with her for years, if we saw each other looking emaciated we'd say something about it. Holly wears crop tops around the house so surely her mum has seen the ribs... How can they not say anything?

I think we’ve come to the conclusion that her mom is part of the problem.

Reactions: 14
Long time lurker here! :) I found this forum after having watched some of Holly's videos. I do agree that her mum seems to fuel some of Holly's issues, in particular her pefectionism. In this video of Holly's results from her final year at Cambridge her mum asks her why she didn't get a starred first right after Holly told her she got a first for her final degree. Forever creating exremely high expectations...

(Right around the 1:03 mark)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Long time lurker here! :) I found this forum after having watched some of Holly's videos. I do agree that her mum seems to fuel some of Holly's issues, in particular her pefectionism. In this video of Holly's results from her final year at Cambridge her mum asks her why she didn't get a starred first right after Holly told her she got a first for her final degree. Forever creating exremely high expectations...

(Right around the 1:03 mark)
I'd don't think she's asking her why she didn't get a starred first, she's asking her if that's a starred first as she got a first in 2nd and 3rd year (which I think is called a double first)

Reactions: 5
I think her mum is often hard to read- I actually think she wishes Holly would base less of her self worth on her grades. Hollys mum is clearly proud of her, but I think doesn’t know how to respond when she inevitably knows holly is always going to get 80% upwards.

Reactions: 8
Sorry, me again. But just watching Hollys old videos.... I would really like to see Holly rewatch some of them and react. Especially this one:

Seeing holly use terms such as ‘full blown anorexia’ and ‘I guess you could say anorexia.... maybe orthorexia’ is just a sign that she really wasn’t recovered back then, and I hate to say it, but if she wasn’t recovered then, there’s no way she can be now. It’s not a linear process and I get that, but it’s clear she needed therapy then and if she really doesn’t get it soon now then who knows what’ll happen to her.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I wish someone made a side by side comparison of the pics where she claims she was at her lowest in that video va what she looks like now

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sorry, me again. But just watching Hollys old videos.... I would really like to see Holly rewatch some of them and react. Especially this one:

Seeing holly use terms such as ‘full blown anorexia’ and ‘I guess you could say anorexia.... maybe orthorexia’ is just a sign that she really wasn’t recovered back then, and I hate to say it, but if she wasn’t recovered then, there’s no way she can be now. It’s not a linear process and I get that, but it’s clear she needed therapy then and if she really doesn’t get it soon now then who knows what’ll happen to her.
this video is just SO strange for me.... why would a mum/sibling try and confront someone about such a difficult issue like an eating disorter at midnight?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.