Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First time heading to Tossa de Mar for a week from October the 5th. Has anyone got any recommendations? I won't be hiring a car so was wondering how frequent and reliable the buses are around the Costa Brava.

Narrowed down my options.
Has anyone been to Pamukkale and/or cappadocia in turkey, are they worth visiting?
Can’t decide between turkey or the Philippines but really the time of the year I want to go turkey would be best. I could change the timing but June would work best for me with work.
Just came back from Cappadocia - the most breathtaking experience riding in a hot air balloon. Defo recommend. Would suggest tying it up with Istanbul as you fly via there to Cappdocia!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just came back from Cappadocia - the most breathtaking experience riding in a hot air balloon. Defo recommend. Would suggest tying it up with Istanbul as you fly via there to Cappdocia!
Oh that’s good thanks! It looks amazing. If I do go it’ll be a tour around different places.

Looking for some advise though! I’m going away in September I asked my friend I usually go with if she wanted to come and she said she would come if she had money by that point. I told her I was booking it and if she did have the money she’d book closer to the time. I’d also mentioned it to her since I booked it and she said she wanted to look after my pet whilst I was away. Then the other day I mentioned about getting my nails done before I go away and she asked where I was going and asked why I didn’t invite her. I told her I did invite her and told her what she said about money and she denied I asked her. I’ve also previously asked her about turkey and she said she wasn’t interested in going. Do I just book it and go?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Hi all

Going to Turkey in Sept & would like to use my revolut card, do I convert my money into lira or just leave it in English??

I feel I haven't been away in so long I've lost all my holiday common sense which has been replaced with stress & anxiety 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

• Heart
Calling all cruisers! We used to cruise a lot before Covid but not been since - been doing a lot of lift and shifts.

So, we go in September with Celebrity around Greece and Turkey, and have just spent most of the day completing forms for them - nearly all day, and still not finished.

First - we had to take our photos and upload them on their system. OH had half his face missing, and mine just refused to load. Getting frustrated so my son came to the rescue and suggested we don't use the selfies we'd taken, but photo each other. He then made them the right size and it worked!

Second - they wanted us to download their App. Took me ages to recover my Google account, but eventually managed, then opened the App. It tells me nothing that I can't find out on the ship, but it did ask me three THREE 3 questions, one being was I over 23 weeks pregnant. At 66 I doubt it, and my OH is male so!!!

Third - we have to load our NHS Covid Card. Well, I'll be damned if either of us could find it, so I've printed off our Covid Certificates, all three pages, but I've no idea where I could load them.

Fourth - we need an Antigen Test 48 hours or less before we travel. Well, we travel at 5pm on a Monday, so need our test after 5pm on Saturday. A lot of places have now stopped doing these as they are not needed so much. Finally found one in the centre of Leeds that stays open until 8pm - so that's a 24 mile round trip and £30 each for the privilege.

Fifth - they want us to pdf a copy of our passports, but no clue as to where to do this. By now I've lost the will, and they're going to have to wait until we arrive at check in.

Sixth - we still can't print off our luggage labels or eDocs (as they call them) as they need processing

Hey ho.

We are seriously considering cancelling our next cruise as can't be bothered going through all this again, and our insurance to the Caribbean is over £1,000 😱

Anyone else had similar issues? And they wonder why they can't fill cruise ships any more. All the grannies won't have a chance.

Reactions: 2
Calling all cruisers! We used to cruise a lot before Covid but not been since - been doing a lot of lift and shifts.

So, we go in September with Celebrity around Greece and Turkey, and have just spent most of the day completing forms for them - nearly all day, and still not finished.

First - we had to take our photos and upload them on their system. OH had half his face missing, and mine just refused to load. Getting frustrated so my son came to the rescue and suggested we don't use the selfies we'd taken, but photo each other. He then made them the right size and it worked!

Second - they wanted us to download their App. Took me ages to recover my Google account, but eventually managed, then opened the App. It tells me nothing that I can't find out on the ship, but it did ask me three THREE 3 questions, one being was I over 23 weeks pregnant. At 66 I doubt it, and my OH is male so!!!

Third - we have to load our NHS Covid Card. Well, I'll be damned if either of us could find it, so I've printed off our Covid Certificates, all three pages, but I've no idea where I could load them.

Fourth - we need an Antigen Test 48 hours or less before we travel. Well, we travel at 5pm on a Monday, so need our test after 5pm on Saturday. A lot of places have now stopped doing these as they are not needed so much. Finally found one in the centre of Leeds that stays open until 8pm - so that's a 24 mile round trip and £30 each for the privilege.

Fifth - they want us to pdf a copy of our passports, but no clue as to where to do this. By now I've lost the will, and they're going to have to wait until we arrive at check in.

Sixth - we still can't print off our luggage labels or eDocs (as they call them) as they need processing

Hey ho.

We are seriously considering cancelling our next cruise as can't be bothered going through all this again, and our insurance to the Caribbean is over £1,000 😱

Anyone else had similar issues? And they wonder why they can't fill cruise ships any more. All the grannies won't have a chance.
I'm setting off on a cruise tomorrow with princess cruises.

Likewise a lot of it had to be done on the app.

But I think there is options to do it as you board but it will make the boarding process a lot slower.

My biggest gripe has been they told us we needed medically observed lateral flow tests and then yesterday changed it to normal lateral flows and no need to upload result!!! So we could have used one of our old NHS ones and just done the self declaration instead of spending £30 each on observed ones.

I'm setting off on a cruise tomorrow with princess cruises.

Likewise a lot of it had to be done on the app.

But I think there is options to do it as you board but it will make the boarding process a lot slower.

My biggest gripe has been they told us we needed medically observed lateral flow tests and then yesterday changed it to normal lateral flows and no need to upload result!!! So we could have used one of our old NHS ones and just done the self declaration instead of spending £30 each on observed ones.

I believe you should have received your results by email with a certificate that you need to print off and take with you. But, of course, Princess may not be as awkward as Celebrity.

Have a wonderful holiday. 😘

I believe you should have received your results by email with a certificate that you need to print off and take with you. But, of course, Princess may not be as awkward as Celebrity.

Have a wonderful holiday. 😘
The email from Princess states no proof necessary! Just that you need to declare it in the ap. Although the ap obviously hasn't been updated to reflect this change.

We still went ahead with our observed tests as we had paid for them and have a certificate etc. But it was a bit annoying for it to change so close to sailing.

I’m off to Lisbon tomorrow! Any recommendations? I’ve got a day trip booked to sintra and cascais. I know we could go ourselves but only there a couple days so prefer the convenience of an organised trip for sintra!

Cappadocia is on my bucket list! It’s just not the easiest place to get too! Lol

Hi all

Going to Turkey in Sept & would like to use my revolut card, do I convert my money into lira or just leave it in English??

I feel I haven't been away in so long I've lost all my holiday common sense which has been replaced with stress & anxiety 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
You can buy lira on your revolut card if its at a decent rate or you can just use your card as normal in Turkey with GBP balance and it will auto convert to the best available rate. If you are doing chip and pin over there it'll usually let you choose your own currency or the local one and its usually better to choose the local one - your card provider will usually perform a better currency conversion than the retailer.

• Heart
You can buy lira on your revolut card if its at a decent rate or you can just use your card as normal in Turkey with GBP balance and it will auto convert to the best available rate. If you are doing chip and pin over there it'll usually let you choose your own currency or the local one and its usually better to choose the local one - your card provider will usually perform a better currency conversion than the retailer.
Thank you so much 👍 I'll just leave it in GBP then if it automatically converts it 😊

We’re looking to book a Norwegian Fjords cruise for next year, any recommendations for cruise lines? We’ve only done one cruise which was a Disney cruise staycation last year and was only 2 nights🙈 I’ve been looking at P&O? I’ve no idea on cruises

• Heart
Sorry me again 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

I've asked this before but I can't find the post can anyone help me please with a rough idea what to pack clothes wise for single mum & teenage son going turkey for a week also sharing 1 big case with a 22kg allowance??

I'm so overwhelmed and stressed I've got too much 😩😭

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Sorry me again 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

I've asked this before but I can't find the post can anyone help me please with a rough idea what to pack clothes wise for single mum & teenage son going turkey for a week also sharing 1 big case with a 22kg allowance??

I'm so overwhelmed and stressed I've got too much 😩😭

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏
Depends what you’ll do/time of year. When we went we went as family of 4 (2adults, 2teenagers), we used two suitcases. We just stayed by the pool and beach. Went into the town at night sometimes. Mostly packed swimwear and swimwear coverups for the day. And a few night time outfits. Since we just went to the pool/beach in the day we just wore flip flops every day. Took nicer shoes for evening, although probably just ended up wearing the flip flops as find them comfier.

• Heart
Just got back from my second trip to Northern Ireland - took in all the sights of Belfast and Derry, can't recommend it enough, already looking to go back in September to explore more x

Reactions: 7
Ooh love holiday outfit planning! Similar to above…swimwear/casual wear shorts, vests, flip flops etc. then maybe trainers if going out in the day? But literally just casual beach/pool wear. I find things don’t get as dirty and you re wear on hols as in pool etc. i love night time outfits too but depends where going…kids just wear their casual stuff but I like evening outfits/jewellery but depends if that’s your thing. I’d definitely get it in 1 case for the 2 of you! And hand luggage! Enjoy!

• Heart
We’re looking to book a Norwegian Fjords cruise for next year, any recommendations for cruise lines? We’ve only done one cruise which was a Disney cruise staycation last year and was only 2 nights🙈 I’ve been looking at P&O? I’ve no idea on cruises
I'm posting this from the Enchanted Princess!

Princess cruises haven't disappointed so far. It's my first cruise and I'm not sure I'm converted. But it is a very slick set up.

We are also looking to do a Norwegian fjords cruise and this was a taster to see if we like cruising

Just got back from my second trip to Northern Ireland - took in all the sights of Belfast and Derry, can't recommend it enough, already looking to go back in September to explore more x
Ooh, I'm just looking into going to Belfast - maybe next year instead of this year? How long were you in Belfast for?

Glad you had a great time in our wee NI! If you were here the past week you got so lucky with the weather.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.