Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh this is interesting cos a friend was telling me they loved it 😂😂😂

Probably all inclusive I think!
In that case for Rhodes I'd recommend Kiotari for All Inclusive hotels. It's on the what I think is the nicer part of the island in terms of beaches and scenery. You'll be close to Lindos which is beautiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm flying next Sunday, I have the fast track pass I think for security but if I rock up at T1 and there's huge queues I won't know where to go. I've checked in online and only have hand luggage. My flight s at 10am so thinking of getting there for half 6am, uber from central Manchester. I'm dreading it.
I was exactly the same, I got there 4 hours earlier and my flight was then delayed by 2 hours. I know quite a few people who have flown from Manchester recently and no one has said as long as they expected. You'll be fine 🤗

• Heart
Anyone have any recommendations for Dubai? We’re flying there in August (I know it’s going to be hot) and I’m not sure about what all there is to do except the super obvious things like Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall etc.

Anyone have any recommendations for Dubai? We’re flying there in August (I know it’s going to be hot) and I’m not sure about what all there is to do except the super obvious things like Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall etc.
The Dubai fountain is fab. the rainforest cafe in the Dubai mall is a good shout and fun experience! It’s also right beside the aquarium/underwater zoo so it’s super handy to do both in the one day. The aquarium is really good. Dubai marina, esp at night. You can book the desert safari tours aswell,the hotels are really good and so helpful so can organise those aswell

In that case for Rhodes I'd recommend Kiotari for All Inclusive hotels. It's on the what I think is the nicer part of the island in terms of beaches and scenery. You'll be close to Lindos which is beautiful.
Thank you! I think I’ve saved a couple from that area and it’s good to know it’s near Lindos as I had heard the same about it being beautiful 😄💙

You should do a brunch if you are there Friday. They are fantastic. There are tons of them all sorts of price ranges and options.

I think the old town is great too and worth a visit. Desert safari is great fun too.

Thank you! I think I’ve saved a couple from that area and it’s good to know it’s near Lindos as I had heard the same about it being beautiful 😄💙
If you visit go as early as you possibly can or late afternoon so you miss the tourist rush. Take time to wander down the side streets as that's where the real charm is IMO. I know Rhodes like the back of my hand so feel free to ask stuff.

To anyone travelling to the US, just wanted to recommend medicspots observed test. Its reasonably priced, around £20 each(possibly less if you get them on sale/with a discount code). The video call took literally 5 or 10 mins, and we had our results/fit to fly certificate within half an hour. Very handy. Results were checked on verifly and by check in agent and no issues. Just in case anyone is having to do a pre departure test for the US and is worrying about it (I was!)

If anyone is going to Norway bring plenty of money! I’m here now and it’s amazing but so expensive! X

Reactions: 2
Holidays are way to expensive now and I think it’s discusting what companies are charging ! At least nearly double up what I paid 2 years ago ….some 3-4 times the price ….I’m surprised so many families are financially able to go …. I honestly love a holiday but I can’t justify the price and seeing all the chaos at airports now just sends shivers down my spine …. I’m really hoping next year - year after prices start coming back down 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
If anyone is going to Norway bring plenty of money! I’m here now and it’s amazing but so expensive! X
I went to a snowy Oslo one December, loved it but yes the cheapest pint I could find cost £10 and a sandwich and a can of pop from the supermarket cost nearly the same amount

I'm there in just under a month and preparing for it lol. It wasn't until I'd got home last time that I'd realised how much I'd casually spent there

Holidays are way to expensive now and I think it’s discusting what companies are charging ! At least nearly double up what I paid 2 years ago ….some 3-4 times the price ….I’m surprised so many families are financially able to go …. I honestly love a holiday but I can’t justify the price and seeing all the chaos at airports now just sends shivers down my spine …. I’m really hoping next year - year after prices start coming back down 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
I agree, it's quite expensive, especially for a family with children, but I am not sure prices are meant to decrease. Because of energy, environment, ethics,... I reckon we have to adapt ourselves, probably travel less for most people. Also, Brits travel a lot (especially abroad), much more than other Europeans I dare say. Idk.

I agree, it's quite expensive, especially for a family with children, but I am not sure prices are meant to decrease. Because of energy, environment, ethics,... I reckon we have to adapt ourselves, probably travel less for most people. Also, Brits travel a lot (especially abroad), much more than other Europeans I dare say. Idk.
sad really isn’t it ….. we have come this far in terms of technology and should really have the world at our feet and travel should be buzzing , price friendly to all …. Just seems like we are taking steps back ….generations to come are going to lose out for sure!!
I just wish other liquids were invented to fuel the worlds engines (tbh I’m sure there are! But that’s a whole other thread 😂)

Anyone been affected by TUI recently?

They’ve cancelled hundreds of flights, cancelled full package holidays when passengers are already at the airport waiting to board.

My flight to Spain was cancelled last week, but was able to fly out the next day. Received £350 pp compensation.

Strong feeling they’re going to go into administration soon:(

Reactions: 4
Anyone been affected by TUI recently?

They’ve cancelled hundreds of flights, cancelled full package holidays when passengers are already at the airport waiting to board.

My flight to Spain was cancelled last week, but was able to fly out the next day. Received £350 pp compensation.

Strong feeling they’re going to go into administration soon:(
my clients' flight was delayed i think it was 5 hours and no one ever explained them what happened, the plane was there the whole time, and someone from the airport told them they just literally didn't have anyone to do the boarding :unsure:

my clients' flight was delayed i think it was 5 hours and no one ever explained them what happened, the plane was there the whole time, and someone from the airport told them they just literally didn't have anyone to do the boarding :unsure:
My flight was delayed 2 hours. Then at the time of boarding it was cancelled and rescheduled for the following day. No pilot apparently.

Been reading twitter posts since we’ve returned home and so many people are experiencing flights and full holidays cancelled.

• Sad
My flight was delayed 2 hours. Then at the time of boarding it was cancelled and rescheduled for the following day. No pilot apparently.

Been reading twitter posts since we’ve returned home and so many people are experiencing flights and full holidays cancelled.
We have 2 booked with TUI for the summer and all OK so far.

Literally on the transfer to Larnaca airport now with Jet2 and they aren’t having as many issues. We have an hours delay tonight to the flight so far but fingers crossed that’s all it is. Can’t really complain as some of the issues others are having are quite major.

I find travelling in the UK very expensive and always feel ripped off. Especially with trains and hotels here. So I don't mind paying a bit more to go abroad. Maybe people are just destined to travel nowhere from now on lol

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.