Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any ideas what to do in a morning in Liverpool and lunch too? Going to Crosby beach in the afternoon
I live in Crosby by the beach 😄 Spend the morning in town, look at the docks as it really is beautiful. The cathedrals are lovely too. Lunch wise there’s so many good independent places like said ^ I would also stick around bold street, but places i like: Amalia, Yard & Coop, Maggie Fu, Rudy’s Neapolitan Pizza, So Salsa, Down the Hatch, Gusto, Rosa’s Thai Cafe, Mowgli, Crust. Obviously if you’re coming to Crosby beach then just be aware there’s not many toilet facilities depending on which end of the beach you’re at - the bus yard is really cool for food and if you’re eating in Crosby then I love La Parilla, Rancho or the Greek Taverna or Spitroast down South Road - there’s also a new place called Pitfire which opened last week and looks yummy.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@SpindleWhorl Another vote for the Bold Street area, you're spoiled for choice around there. Rudy's pizza is great if you want something quick and tasty. If you want something a bit more nice sit down meal then I'd highly recommend Wreckfish on Seel Street. The docks are great for a wander round, especially on a sunny day. The Tate Liverpool is nice for a wander, not sure what exhibitions are on atm but its quite a nice gallery space in the Docks.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I live in Crosby by the beach 😄 Spend the morning in town, look at the docks as it really is beautiful. The cathedrals are lovely too. Lunch wise there’s so many good independent places like said ^ I would also stick around bold street, but places i like: Amalia, Yard & Coop, Maggie Fu, Rudy’s Neapolitan Pizza, So Salsa, Down the Hatch, Gusto, Rosa’s Thai Cafe, Mowgli, Crust. Obviously if you’re coming to Crosby beach then just be aware there’s not many toilet facilities depending on which end of the beach you’re at - the bus yard is really cool for food and if you’re eating in Crosby then I love La Parilla, Rancho or the Greek Taverna or Spitroast down South Road - there’s also a new place called Pitfire which opened last week and looks yummy.
I want to check out the statues on the beach and the blitz rubble area. Thankyou for your recommendations everyone x

I want to check out the statues on the beach and the blitz rubble area. Thankyou for your recommendations everyone x
Ah yes, that’s down the other end. You’re best if travelling my train going either to Hightown or Hall Road and walking down to the coastguard station to see the blitz beach and then walking down the beach and you’ll see much more of the statues and if you keep heading down the beach then you’d end up at the Bus Yard! x

Reactions: 3
the majority of Spain will be so busy right now as Spaniards tend to take their holidays in August - you will find less busy places away from the beach, like Madrid, Sevilla, etc! - but they'll be boiling hot 🔥
Northern Spain is good at this period... but the water is cold lol

No I meant the "real North" lol Spanish Atlantic coast...

Cadaques is lovely btw but as you said, probably a lot of people right now.

Why? It looks lovely.
oh yeah, like Galicia? it's the only region I've never been in Spain and one reason is bc I could never get in water that cold 😄

oh yeah, like Galicia? it's the only region I've never been in Spain and one reason is bc I could never get in water that cold 😄
Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria, etc.

I may be partial because my parents were from Galicia😁 but it's very beautiful (and varied) and the food is incredible👌

• Heart
Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria, etc.

I may be partial because my parents were from Galicia😁 but it's very beautiful (and varied) and the food is incredible👌
the food is incredible tbh! I'll actually be there next year at a wedding, should be v nice 😊

• Heart
Im staying in Dubrovnik for 5 days in September. . Any recommendations please?
Cable car up to and dinner in panarama restaraunt one of the evenings. Time it for sunset, the views are breathtaking and the food is very good too

Narrowed down my options.
Has anyone been to Pamukkale and/or cappadocia in turkey, are they worth visiting?
Can’t decide between turkey or the Philippines but really the time of the year I want to go turkey would be best. I could change the timing but June would work best for me with work.

Narrowed down my options.
Has anyone been to Pamukkale and/or cappadocia in turkey, are they worth visiting?
Can’t decide between turkey or the Philippines but really the time of the year I want to go turkey would be best. I could change the timing but June would work best for me with work.
I would say Turkey just because Ive heard that the Philippines is even poorer now then before …

I would say Turkey just because Ive heard that the Philippines is even poorer now then before …
Also turkey is cheaper as well which is why I was leaning towards turkey. Although Philippines was probably #1 on my places to go and northern Thailand was my other 3rd choice,

Also turkey is cheaper as well which is why I was leaning towards turkey. Although Philippines was probably #1 on my places to go and northern Thailand was my other 3rd choice,
I think Philippines would be more beautiful but I would be safe and go for Turkey.

I would love to go to the Philippines but it might be better letting it recover from the affects of covid a bit longer. Turkey is lovely though and I would recommend it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.