Hilaria Baldwin / Hillary Hayward-Thomas and Alec Baldwin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Watching this it really seems like Alec believes she’s Spanish 🙈🙈🙈
This has reinforced my theory. I think she’s clearly presenting as a Spanish person, but she has never outright said she is. Even there she’s saying things like “my family are in Spain” factually correct, lead you to believe they’re Spanish, but she didn’t say it. It’s Alec who is taking the mantle in a lot of this. I struggle
To believe he thinks she’s Spanish- he’s met her family.

Reactions: 21
This has reinforced my theory. I think she’s clearly presenting as a Spanish person, but she has never outright said she is. Even there she’s saying things like “my family are in Spain” factually correct, lead you to believe they’re Spanish, but she didn’t say it. It’s Alec who is taking the mantle in a lot of this. I struggle
That’s it, she said she moved to NYC when she was 19 and the interviewer assumes from Spain but she actually lived in Boston until she was 19. She also never said her parents were Spanish, they’re a mix.... even though they aren’t. She’s very very very clever! She could of corrected them but she allowed them to create their own narrative from those tidbit thus her saying the media came up with all of this is true!

• Wow
Reactions: 25

Watching this it really seems like Alec believes she’s Spanish 🙈🙈🙈
You might call this HILARYous!

But she's also said that 35 people or so of her family are coming from Spain for her wedding to Alec and yet only her parents lived there at the time, maybe her brother already and don't know when he met his Spanish wife. That's 4 people tops.
She also said her family couldn't pronounce "Baldwin" and that she incorporated her "heritage" into the wedding (mantilla, fans etc.), so she did present herself as Spanish, but some of her pretense was quite clever like this type of spin, which splits hairs and plays on semantics and assumption, so imo it was a mix of spin and pretense.

Btw love your user name!

• Haha
I don’t think they understand the term Latina either!
I think she played on that ignorance. She was presenting as Spanish but was getting interviews with latina magazines and tv shows. The crap about her never saying she was Spanish. You dont speak your native language with the accent of a language you learnt in your teens😀 Alec has been played!

But she's also said that 35 people or so of her family are coming from Spain for her wedding to Alec and yet only her parents lived there at the time, maybe her brother already and don't know when he met his Spanish wife. That's 4 people tops.
She also said her family couldn't pronounce "Baldwin" and that she incorporated her "heritage" into the wedding (mantilla, fans etc.), so she did present herself as Spanish, but some of her pretense was quite clever like this type of spin, which splits hairs and plays on semantics and assumption.

Btw love your user name!
Thanks! I’m not sure anyone has said that 35 people didn’t come to her wedding- I assumed they would just be families friends and things? Doesn’t have to be family. I mean she’s obviously been a tit, but she’s pretty much skirted around announcing in black and white she’s Spanish I think, which will always give her room to deny it

Reactions: 6

She also said her family couldn't pronounce "Baldwin" and that she incorporated her "heritage" into the wedding (mantilla, fans etc.), so she did present herself as Spanish, but some of her pretense was quite clever like this type of spin, which splits hairs and plays on semantics and assumption, so imo it was a mix of spin and pretense.

Btw love your user name!
Her brother sells dodgy herbal remedies in Spain I believe with endorsements from the Baldwins and her parents, so I think that her parents just indulge their kids weird behaviour and lying, which is weird, as I think her mother is a psychiatrist!

• Wow
I don't feel sorry for her at all. I never knew much about her before this scandal - she was married to Alec Baldwin, kept popping out kids and did a lot of yoga. This Spanish persona has been cleverly cultivated in order to achieve her target - marrying a rich and famous old guy. I can understand why Alec didn't pick up on it after meeting her parents if he thought they were Americans who brought up their child in Spain. He doesn't come across as especially bright.

Loving the memes and TikToks BTW

Reactions: 18
I don't feel sorry for her at all. I never knew much about her before this scandal - she was married to Alec Baldwin, kept popping out kids and did a lot of yoga. This Spanish persona has been cleverly cultivated in order to achieve her target - marrying a rich and famous old guy. I can understand why Alec didn't pick up on it after meeting her parents if he thought they were Americans who brought up their child in Spain. He doesn't come across as especially bright.

Loving the memes and TikToks BTW
He was probably so vain he didnt care. He thought hed picked up a hot 20 something Spsnish yoga teacher and his ego stopped there!

It’s so cringeworthy I can hardly watch the footage of her doing a pseudo Spaneesh accent.
The affected way that she speaks in some of those interviews is too much.
Calling her children ultra-Spanish names and incorporating such touristy Spanish themes into her wedding ( a fan, a mantila veil, Spanish music) is unbearably funny. I’m surprised she didn’t make Alec wear a matador outfit at the altar.
She was also caught out tweeting during the funeral of James Gandolfoni, and she Played the sympathy card saying she was pregnant and she had to leave the ceremony, And just tried to cover it all up.
She is the master at coverups, and deflection so that she doesn’t have to face any of the accusations against her 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Yes, US people have one Italian ancestor 5 generations back and say they are of Italian heritage, but papers have looked into Hillary's heritage and there's no Spaniard or otherwise Latin ancestor to be found.

You can be a Francophile and learn French, incorporate French customs into your life, give your kids French names, but to adopt a French accent and sell yourself as French is beyond the pale and you gotta wonder about that person's state of mind.
I agree with you but I think it might be fairly common place in the US? Like people with an Italian relative 100 years ago who have Italian restaurants, speaking in an accent and calling their kids Italian names. I swear I watched one similar on Gordon Ramsey and they didn’t even know how to cook Italian food it was just an Italian ‘experience’ of kinds!

Americans really have a romantic view of Spain for some reason, like basically everyone is wearing red flamenco 24/7 and throwing roses around on top of bulls

Reactions: 16
I just don't understand all this business about, gosh, she's actually WHITE! What the hell does she think most people are in Spain?! The business about comparing her spraytanned arm to her child's is ludicrous.

Yes, Spain had an empire so a lot of Central and Southern America speaks Spanish but that doesn't make the Spanish non-white, any more than the British Empire makes the British primarily Asian or Black before immigration from that empire.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Oh the relative thing - she corrected it to say ‘people who are LIKE my family’ ie all her mum and dads friends and neighbours probably

Reactions: 7
I agree with you but I think it might be fairly common place in the US? Like people with an Italian relative 100 years ago who have Italian restaurants, speaking in an accent and calling their kids Italian names. I swear I watched one similar on Gordon Ramsey and they didn’t even know how to cook Italian food it was just an Italian ‘experience’ of kinds!

Americans really have a romantic view of Spain for some reason, like basically everyone is wearing red flamenco 24/7 and throwing roses around on top of bulls
Yes, exactly. Cristin Milioti is very funny and brought this to the point, she's of Italian descent (which is very obvious looking at her surname), but she says in interviews her family is "Olive Garden type Italian". I.e. Italian descent and some customs from "the old country", but really US American, they're basically deluding themselves by calling themselves "Italian".

I have nothing against people remembering that one French ancestor from 5 generations ago and saying they are of French descent, I kind of admire that US Americans remember their origin countries so well and the heritage they come from (which isn't the case really for most people, but for many), I'm a little envious of people who can trace back their ancestry very far.

But be realistic like Cristin Milioti.

Big LOL at your description of US Americans' view on Spain!!! 😂 I think many view much of Europe like that (i.e. more romantic and very unrealistic, but I guess we all suffer from delusions like that when it's about foreign places!)

If Hilary had from the start said she's a massive lover of Spain and Spanish culture, no one would've batted an eyelid, like I wrote earlier, be a Francophile, learn the language, incorporate customs, call your son Jean and raise him bilingual, by any means, but when you want to sell yourself as French and adopt a weird French accent when speaking your mother tongue I think it's high time for a psych evaluation and some therapy.

I just don't understand all this business about, gosh, she's actually WHITE! What the hell does she think most people are in Spain?! The business about comparing her spraytanned arm to her child's is ludicrous.

Yes, Spain had an empire so a lot of Central and Southern America speaks Spanish but that doesn't make the Spanish non-white, any more than the British Empire makes the British primarily Asian or Black before immigration from that empire.
It's really just bloody frikkin weird and embarrassing as heck.
(It also highlights US Americans' view on race actually, a slight deviation from Mozzarella white and you're "not white", Europeans don't have such a concept of race at all. We just view everyone in Europe as "white" (i.e. Caucasian), even though some Europeans are very dark. What shocked me was when I read that Italians were classified back in the day as "black" and are only officially "white" since ca. the 1920s (I think!), when a political party realized that Italians would vote for them (and they'd win only with those votes) but couldn't due to the "black" classification, so had Italians recognized as "white". US race relations are weird AF from my Euro point of view 😲 :eek: )

Did she really think all of this wouldn't catch up with her eventually??

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She's called all 5 kids Spanish names, and the dogs! He says his wife's Spanish. Her name is now Hilaria "Ee la ree ya", not Hilary! She's very uncomfortable whenever a genuine Spanish person pops up, and shuts down the narrative immediately. Oh I do hope he's been completely mugged off, the melt down might be as good as Trumps!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I read that Sicilians have an incredible mix of lots of ancestry so I do find it a shame that the US have decided that to align the heritage with being a bloody gangster, it is so annoying

I get it when people want to preserve the link, people in the US like to do this because they like to hang on to their heritage, whereas in the U.K. we have ridiculously long ancestry/history, and they do not as a relatively newer country with so many settlers from around the world

Hilarious has let hers become something else. A few long summer holidays in Spain as a kid and parents retiring there when she’s a fully grown adult has now been written as part of her ancestry and its fraud. I just think that’s why she thought she could get away with it

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.