Hilaria Baldwin / Hillary Hayward-Thomas and Alec Baldwin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always thought there was something 'off' about her, you know one of those things that you can't put your finger on so you dismiss it? But now the truth is out there's so much to read into!! I'm not judging anyone for their choices but the fact that she keeps getting pregnant every year seems odd to me especially as she is body conscious to the point where I definitely think she has issues with food and exercise. Does anyone remember when she was having a miscarriage and told everyone on instagram via a photo of her in her underwear? Utterly bizarre behaviour. And the constant exercising on the beach with her children - she was doing demos of how to do crunches when she had four little ones to attend to. It just seemed off. In fact someone wrote 'enjoy a day at the beach with your kids, have a day off' and I completely agreed. But I also thought there was something off with the way she looks and now I'm 100% convinced she is naturally fair hair coloured and dyes it black. It is too dark for her complexion and darker than her eyebrows (which are very manicured so they are probably dyed as well). The comments she has made are definitely off as well they make no sense. 'Home is where my parents are so if my parents were in China, then China would be home'. Come on that's ridiculous!

• Wow
Reactions: 22
It does seem that everyone who knows her that has come out even for or against her says she’s a genuinely kind nice person. And I can well believe that, people are privileged as her usually are.

I think, tbh her and her family are clear - ummm.. what’s Spanish for frankphile? Spanifile? Obsessed with Spain anyway. I don’t think her family went along with it as much as probably thought it was a funny affection from their Spain focused family. I mean Alec clearly met them. He clearly knows she’s not actually Spanish heritage/ birthplace. Maybe he doesn’t care that much about what she’s up to, maybe he just accepts it as a weird quirk?

But, having said all this it is the funniest story of 2020, although mighty humiliating for her, and let’s be honest, pretending to her Spanish isn’t the crime of the year.

I think the reason it came out now was simply someone with connections has it in for her. Seems obvious really

Reactions: 11
Strange that in all this time not one of her school friends or neighbors came forward. Did she really think she could keep such a bizarre lie in this day and age?

Reactions: 5
Strange that in all this time not one of her school friends or neighbors came forward. Did she really think she could keep such a bizarre lie in this day and age?
The funny thing is people from her school and college have been talking about it for years! I saw tweets from 2013! But it’s only got the world’s attention the last week or so, it’s mad!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
What would you think if your neighbour, who’s parents retired to Spain, suddenly changed her name from Mary to Maria and began talking like puss in boots? Fabricating your entire identity in such a way is not a weird quirk, it’s insane behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I suspect, in Boston which is full of plastic paddies and pretend italians, people are used to it. I know / knew lots of people who pretended to be different nationalies when I was younger

• Wow
Reactions: 11
But they have some lineage back to those old countries (thin though it may be) do they?

Reactions: 4
I think she genuinely started to believe her own hype!! Including that she was much younger than she was. Let’s face it she was flogging stuff on Instagram and we all know influencers lie constantly about products. I saw an advert for a vacuum cleaner saying with 5 kids she was always wiping it out to clean the floor. Like that was true she’s got a Spanish lady cleaning for her.... oh wait!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I suspect, in Boston which is full of plastic paddies and pretend italians, people are used to it. I know / knew lots of people who pretended to be different nationalies when I was younger
Yeah thats true. And California yoga culture is full of blonde former valley girls who spent high school looking down on girls who weren't blonde. American, thin and rich who now wander around with henna tattoos and bindis pretending to be exotic and spiritual. And yes the Bostonian plastic paddies and Italians have some descent, and probably remnants of that culture in their family.

Reactions: 9
I might be mistaken but I think it’s a lot more common in the US to play around with heritage, like someone said, there is a thin line back to Irish or Italian roots even though they are full US citizens and never stepped foot out of the US.

Whereas in the U.K. people just don’t seem to do this half as much (aside from Sallie Axls never changing accent 😂).

In the U.K. we are way more aware of the expat community in Spain, seen as during the 90’s and 00’s a lot of people moved or retired there and most of us have visited and know that places like Mallorca are small islands, and by large, English speaking tourist resorts. You can visit Spain and never need to speak the language, perhaps in smaller rural areas it’s not the case, where it is mostly locals. I know people who have moved to Spain and put their kids into school there, they do speak Spanish but I am not sure they would class themselves as actually Spanish 😂

She obviously has a fondness for Spain and has clearly convinced Alec and herself that she is half Spanish by visiting there and saying she spent her ‘childhood’ there and has adopted Spanish culture wholeheartedly and embarrassingly!

Reactions: 14
My mum lives in Florida and I visit often but to say 'Florida is home' would be completely crazy.

Reactions: 10
I might be mistaken but I think it’s a lot more common in the US to play around with heritage, like someone said, there is a thin line back to Irish or Italian roots even though they are full US citizens and never stepped foot out of the US.

Whereas in the U.K. people just don’t seem to do this half as much (aside from Sallie Axls never changing accent 😂).

In the U.K. we are way more aware of the expat community in Spain, seen as during the 90’s and 00’s a lot of people moved or retired there and most of us have visited and know that places like Mallorca are small islands, and by large, English speaking tourist resorts. You can visit Spain and never need to speak the language, perhaps in smaller rural areas it’s not the case, where it is mostly locals. I know people who have moved to Spain and put their kids into school there, they do speak Spanish but I am not sure they would class themselves as actually Spanish 😂

She obviously has a fondness for Spain and has clearly convinced Alec and herself that she is half Spanish by visiting there and saying she spent her ‘childhood’ there and has adopted Spanish culture wholeheartedly and embarrassingly!
It is true, I am a British expat in America and Americans LOVE to stay they are Scottish, Irish, German or whatever, but in reality they are born in Ohio as were their parents, grandparents, great grandparents etc etc. Being American seems 'boring' to them so it is very common to claim another heritage..... super weird

Reactions: 27
The connection to where your line settled from is a big deal in America right? Way more so (more prevelant) than in the UK. Because the young nation was all about “give me your poor” etc etc - which is why Trumpism has been so insane to observe - but that’s not what’s happening here is it.

Reactions: 6
The connection to where your line settled from is a big deal in America right? Way more so (more prevelant) than in the UK. Because the young nation was all about “give me your poor” etc etc - which is why Trumpism has been so insane to observe - but that’s not what’s happening here is it.

But that’s if you’re taking them at their word they have that heritage anyway, if they are talking about Scottish heritage from 1850 who knows if they’re telling the truth?
Bet it’s not at all uncommon for people to lie the way Hilary has

Reactions: 4
It is true, I am a British expat in America and Americans LOVE to stay they are Scottish, Irish, German or whatever, but in reality they are born in Ohio as were their parents, grandparents, great grandparents etc etc. Being American seems 'boring' to them so it is very common to claim another heritage..... super weird
Yes, but they don’t start talking like Nicola Sturgeon, Enya or Angela Merkel.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Yes, US people have one Italian ancestor 5 generations back and say they are of Italian heritage, but papers have looked into Hillary's heritage and there's no Spaniard or otherwise Latin ancestor to be found.

You can be a Francophile and learn French, incorporate French customs into your life, give your kids French names, but to adopt a French accent and sell yourself as French is beyond the pale and you gotta wonder about that person's state of mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yes, US people have one Italian ancestor 5 generations back and say they are of Italian heritage, but papers have looked into Hillary's heritage and there's no Spaniard or otherwise Latin ancestor to be found.

You can be a Francophile and learn French, incorporate French customs into your life, give your kids French names, but to adopt a French accent and sell yourself as French is beyond the pale and you gotta wonder about that person's state of mind.
Yes theres no heed to adopt an entire persona just because you love a country. I may as well say my kids know Spanish, we have Old El Paso once a week and I went to Cancun on honeymoon so I must he bringing them up as Mexican!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This always makes me giggle, her face when she finds out she’s just European and white! I don’t know what Americans obsession with finding where they are from and wanting it to be exotic or Latina when reality is, it’ll most likely be European but like 10 generations back which literally means nothing! You are American that’s it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.