Hilaria Baldwin / Hillary Hayward-Thomas and Alec Baldwin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
where i was born, south america, over 45 years ago i had my ears pierced before i left the hospital. it used to be normal in that northern region. not sure what is its like now. i think the younger the better, otherwise i'd wait until they are teens and can look after the healing process.

Reactions: 3
Deeply problematic. Why is this not cultural appropriation? I mean all of it not just the ear piercing.

Reactions: 16
Looks like she done the same with the other girl... just found this comment of her trying to “explain” it on Reddit 🥴
The woman has serious mental health problems, that is evident. I shudder thinking of her parenting those kids. My mum also had her ears pierced as a baby as is the norm in many cultures. Being British, I think it is despicable. And as Hilaria is not Spanish, she is hurting a baby to keep up the pretence of her lies. Sickening.

Reactions: 17
My good Lord she’s really not letting this go is she? It’s like she really believes that if she says it enough it’ll be true 🙈 Imagine explaining this to the children when they are older? Well if you want to be a unicorn, all you have to do is pretend to be one for long enough and ignore anyone who doesn’t agree with you then low and behold you’re a unicorn!

Reactions: 11
Deeply problematic. Why is this not cultural appropriation? I mean all of it not just the ear piercing.
It is cultural appropriation. Even though she is not saying she's Hispanic, she has been interviewed in many Hispanic magazines and TV shows, taking up space that should have been taken by genuinely Latino women, who are told to Americanise their accent, or look more American, or demonised as criminals by MAGA's. She's also fetishising racism, saying she gets mistaken for the nanny because her children are blonde, even though a simple solution, not open to other women who get that comment is to stop with the fake tan, speak in her normal American accent and stop dying her hair! It's offensive, but at this point is so ridiculous as to be laughable. I hope she has lost all her sponsorship and a shitload of followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
In her latest story she is referring to carmen as “carmencita” 🥴 this isn’t funny anymore I believe she is genuinely disturbed

Reactions: 15
What does the cita at the end of the name mean, girl/female in Spanish?
I would hope that she's avoided by main stream American media and advertisers now. I'm not sure why more publications haven't called them out, makes me think people are afraid of Alec, who has aged a lot recently. Beautiful voice though, very distinctive. He's doing a podcast with Amanda knox

What does the cita at the end of the name mean, girl/female in Spanish?
I would hope that she's avoided by main stream American media and advertisers now. I'm not sure why more publications haven't called them out, makes me think people are afraid of Alec, who has aged a lot recently. Beautiful voice though, very distinctive. He's doing a podcast with Amanda knox
It means “little” in Spanish 🥴

Reactions: 2
It means “little” in Spanish 🥴
Does this mean that Hilary is Loco-cita?

I am torn on this honestly, we have people screaming that Hilaria is cosplaying another culture and then on the other side of the internet we have people braying that Eddie Izzard is a brave woman and aspirational for her charity work. My head is in a spin trying to keep up with who is wearing oppression of another group and who is stunningly brave. Either way Alec Baldwin got exactly the wife he deserved.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

I am torn on this honestly, we have people screaming that Hilaria is cosplaying another culture and then on the other side of the internet we have people braying that Eddie Izzard is a brave woman and aspirational for her charity work. My head is in a spin trying to keep up with who is wearing oppression of another group and who is stunningly brave. Either way Alec Baldwin got exactly the wife he deserved.
Well I for one would not be applauding Eddie Izzard as being a woman. But that is a whole other story.

She is right that babies in Spain get their ears pierced, usually before they leave hospital. If Spanish people see a baby with no earrings they will assume it's a boy. Pretty barbaric and unnecessary imo.

But honestly cosplaying a Spanish person made me laugh. It is so accurate.

Reactions: 15
I used to think he was incredibly handsome and a fantastic actor but not any more......
Yeah but it's now so clear to see what an absolute horrible person he is, and that's ugly. Then add the mentally ill wife to the mix, I feel sorry for the prop kids.he should have moved out of the country when Trump won, like he said he would. Better yet, the both of them should move to Spain. I can't imagine the people in Spain would want them either.

Reactions: 9

I think it would be up to the people applauding Eddie Izzard to explain the difference. I suspect they wont. You are right with your last line. As they saves spoiling a good pair :D

Anyone else find Alec utterly insufferable? He is God-awful.
He was dreadful to his elder daughter

Begs the question where does it end. Identifying as a Spanish person is not the same as gender identity, or is it? Maybe they don't have a name for this yet, perhaps they'll name it after her.
Alec is apparently back on twitter but I haven't looked yet. He's pissed about another article written about his wife.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
There are plenty of things that are part of certain cultures that should still be put under a microscope in the 21st century. GFM, women not being allowed to drive, women being denied birth control, child brides, arranged marriages. Funny how there’s a general pattern of women and girls suffering from these “cultural norms”. And we can add infant ear piercing to the list even if it pales in comparison to the aforementioned. If you are too young to consent, then it is abuse and no one could convince me otherwise.

For her to have defended it as part of her culture is pathetic enough, but now we know that it isn’t even her culture in the first place it’s full on psychopathic.

Was just trying think of a cultural norm that needs to be scrutinised for boys for some balance. Circumcision.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.