Help me find a _______ outfit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Help. I need some smarter outfits for work. Like, not super smart, but smarter than my usual jeans and a nice top combo 😂. I don’t like spending too much on clothes, I dislike heels greatly unless it’s boots, I have decent legs so don’t mind showing those a bit, but am a bit top heavy so generally avoid shirts with buttons etc. any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Reactions: 3
Help. I need some smarter outfits for work. Like, not super smart, but smarter than my usual jeans and a nice top combo 😂. I don’t like spending too much on clothes, I dislike heels greatly unless it’s boots, I have decent legs so don’t mind showing those a bit, but am a bit top heavy so generally avoid shirts with buttons etc. any suggestions greatly appreciated!
What sort of work do you do and environment? Don’t want to advise a short skirt if you are a plumber

• Haha
Ok since you are currently wearing jeans, I'm guessing you are in a business casual type of work setting? Or at least business casual is the look you are aiming for? Here are some ideas:
  1. Swap the jeans for black/navy/grey trousers. They can be a style like wide leg, skinny, flare...etc, whichever you feel most comfort in and suits you. They just look more polished than jeans and so will instantly look smarter.
  2. Pencil skirts are great. Knee length is safest & most classy.
  3. If wearing a skirt, always wear tights. These could be opaque black tights, sheer black tights or sheer skin toned tights. There are also opaque skin toned tights that are awesome and super warm for during colder weather, check amazon.
  4. The nice tops you say you wear already sound great!
  5. A blazer would look smart, but if you feel that is too much then a cardigan or a lighter soft fabric blazer style item over a nice top would be great. What do you currently wear over your tops?
  6. If you still want to keep jeans as an option, pairing the jeans with a blazer would help the overall outfit look smarter.
  7. For shoes you def don't have to wear heels. Ballet flats are always cute and usually comfy.
You don't have to spend a fortune to get good quality on any of these. Check on amazon, penneys/primark, new look, doherty perkins, h&m and uniqlo.

• Heart
Thanks so much @Keikochan lots to think about there, much appreciated. I have ordered some of the tights you suggested this morning.

My tops are generally v neck long sleeve at the moment or chiffon types. I pair those with cardigans but they’re generally what I’d call casual cardigans so don’t really feel smart enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thanks so much @Keikochan lots to think about there, much appreciated. I have ordered some of the tights you suggested this morning.

My tops are generally v neck long sleeve at the moment or chiffon types. I pair those with cardigans but they’re generally what I’d call casual cardigans so don’t really feel smart enough.
You can get blazers in a sort of jersey type fabric so they have more structure than a cardi but not restrictive around the arms.
Zara so fairly inexpensive ‘silk’ shirts I sort of heavy chiffon ones which again can look smart but if a little oversized and tucked in aren’t uncomfortable. With a vest under you can wear them slightly open or buttoned higher for a more formal/androgynous look.
They also do fine knit, round neck sweaters for about £17 which look simple and classic.
Simple loafers can look smart with a 7/8 length trouser.
I’d also say you can fancy up jeans with a smart, belt. Leather with a simple gold buckle and a matching pair of smallish hoops. Understated but showing effort.

Sadly I have to go to a funeral in the next week. I want to wear black trousers but I’m struggling with what kind of shoes are appropriate. I don’t think I want to wear heels as we will have to go out onto grass. Would loafers be appropriate or should I stick to Chelsea boots? Any suggestions welcome!

Sadly I have to go to a funeral in the next week. I want to wear black trousers but I’m struggling with what kind of shoes are appropriate. I don’t think I want to wear heels as we will have to go out onto grass. Would loafers be appropriate or should I stick to Chelsea boots? Any suggestions welcome!
I think any black shoe are ok. I wore flat ankle boots recently

Help please, having an evening out soon at an escape room so I thought trainers, casual but then we are going to a rather nice bar after for cocktails. What can I wear that will transition well?.

Could you wear a dress with the trainers so it not totally casual but is still on the casual side of fancy?

• Heart
Help please, having an evening out soon at an escape room so I thought trainers, casual but then we are going to a rather nice bar after for cocktails. What can I wear that will transition well?.
You could do a skirt or shorts with thick tights and cropped/tucked jumper then take the jumper off at the bar for a fancier top underneath. A black chunky boot would work with that too.

• Heart
I definitely don’t recommend a dress or skirt for an escape room, the last 2 I went to I was crawling around all over the place in tunnels etc!

Reactions: 2
Its a spooky one so hoping more walking around??. Thanks all for the input ❤ I think I'll go black leggings, chunky boot, long jumper, then I have a crinkly dress I can take in my tote and do a quick change.

Wedding guest outfit:

The dress is a blush pink satin dress. I’m hesitating between the below two clutches.

Plum: I like the color of the velvet for a little pop one but I’m afraid velvet & satin don’t go together.

Gold: I like the gold one, but I don’t want the outfit to be too bling bling.

Which one do you reckon?

BA356300-7721-4695-8ED5-04AA8C579ED6.jpeg

Wedding guest outfit:

The dress is a blush pink satin dress. I’m hesitating between the below two clutches.

Plum: I like the color of the velvet for a little pop one but I’m afraid velvet & satin don’t go together.

Gold: I like the gold one, but I don’t want the outfit to be too bling bling.

Which one do you reckon?

View attachment 2759144
Plum, definitely :m

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Definatley the plum its stunning!

I need an outfit for going to a very glam spa in spring. Was thinking of gym wear but don't want to look like Vicky pollard when we show up.
We're also staying overnight so need an outfit for the next day too.

Definatley the plum its stunning!

I need an outfit for going to a very glam spa in spring. Was thinking of gym wear but don't want to look like Vicky pollard when we show up.
We're also staying overnight so need an outfit for the next day too.
You can get some really nice jersey jumpsuits. Sweaty betty does some and Next has a nice one too. Casual but more chic than a tracksuit imo.

• Heart
I'm a bridesmaid this year, the dress is long and light pink. Ant recommendations for where I can look for shoes that are comfy, I want a very small heel as I'm bad at walking in heels otherwise. What colour would be best? Preferably a colour I can use for other things as I have another wedding in a guest at next year so possibly thinking I can wear the same ones. I'm thinking nude or clear? Bride doesn't mind she just said whatever as long as your comfortable