Hellomissjordan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
right?! My dad would feel really uncomfortable and probably ask me not to post that kind of thing. I wouldn’t anyway, I’d feel horrified if my dad ever saw me like that 😂

Since someone else posted the contrast on her stories vs her feed I can’t stop noticing it, she’s always got her pyjamas on, hair tied back, sitting on the sofa & no makeup on in her stories. There’s nothing wrong with that generally speaking but it’s such a huge contrast!

Reactions: 2
right?! My dad would feel really uncomfortable and probably ask me not to post that kind of thing. I wouldn’t anyway, I’d feel horrified if my dad ever saw me like that 😂

Since someone else posted the contrast on her stories vs her feed I can’t stop noticing it, she’s always got her pyjamas on, hair tied back, sitting on the sofa & no makeup on in her stories. There’s nothing wrong with that generally speaking but it’s such a huge contrast!
I have to say I do like that aspect to her, that she isn't false as such and does show the divide that she is a normal girl. I've met other influencers and they are absolute a******s! Like so up themselves and exactly what you see on their feed and in their stories and are as relatable as a unicorn. I just wish Jordan would chill the hell out and just enjoy her life. She's a sweet girl, she's educated and kind. She struggles with her mental health but needs to learn there's more to life than a tutu and a bunch of likes (and likes aren't validation)

Reactions: 4
Honestly before it got pointed out, I paid no attention to how different she is. I think I’d appreciate more wound down content. I know it doesn’t stand out these days because everyone is always trying to go above and beyond, but it brings the relatable back into things and comes across a lot less trying too hard to reach the next milestone

Reactions: 4
Usually a lurker but thought I'd ask...
Has anyone bought her ebook and is it any good? I quite like how she edits but couldn't justify paying £30 without seeing any reviews 😭

I think her editing is achievable without the ebook to be honest... if you can’t make your own lightroom presets you can buy them and get a pastel feed easily that way tbh. My real-life job is as a photo editor for a photography studio and I think you could easily get a similar aesthetic 😊
£30 is very steep imo. I wouldn’t pay it. £5-£10? Maybe. But £30? Absolutely not.

It disgusts me that these influencers release ebooks and presets tbh. it’s desperation for money

She got annoyed that people were commenting that her before and after editing examples on her insta stories were better before. Made me chuckle because for most of them I thought ‘what has she done?!’ They all looked much better before. She jusr zaps the colour out of them!

She got annoyed that people were commenting that her before and after editing examples on her insta stories were better before. Made me chuckle because for most of them I thought ‘what has she done?!’ They all looked much better before. She jusr zaps the colour out of them!
I agree, a lot and up top bright and too washed out. It obviously hurts her ego that people make such comments

Reactions: 3
I think her editing is achievable without the ebook to be honest... if you can’t make your own lightroom presets you can buy them and get a pastel feed easily that way tbh. My real-life job is as a photo editor for a photography studio and I think you could easily get a similar aesthetic 😊
£30 is very steep imo. I wouldn’t pay it. £5-£10? Maybe. But £30? Absolutely not.
Thank you! I noticed she had an ebook as I do like her editing for the most part, but when I saw £30 I was shocked 🙈 as you said, £5-10 then I'd probably have bought it! Maybe I should stop being lazy and actually learn how to use Lightroom (I know the basics from uni) haha!

Reactions: 1
Thank you! I noticed she had an ebook as I do like her editing for the most part, but when I saw £30 I was shocked 🙈 as you said, £5-10 then I'd probably have bought it! Maybe I should stop being lazy and actually learn how to use Lightroom (I know the basics from uni) haha!
If you follow Kelsey in London she always gives so many tips and so much help and advice to followers. She's lovely

If you follow Kelsey in London she always gives so many tips and so much help and advice to followers. She's lovely
I don't follow her but I will go and have a look! Thank you. I've seen a lot of influencers be very secretive about how they edit their photos (I guess to then sell their ebook?) so it's refreshing when I see people who actually share their tips

I don't follow her but I will go and have a look! Thank you. I've seen a lot of influencers be very secretive about how they edit their photos (I guess to then sell their ebook?) so it's refreshing when I see people who actually share their tips
I follow a small influencer who makes all these daft photoshop edits (since lockdown) and she normally always makes stories afterwards explaining exactly how she did it, and to me that’s a really nice thing to do

I second this.

YouTube has so many great video tutorials on editing. That’s where I learned after effects! In addition to being totally free, they’re also more useful than an ebook format because you literally get to watch someone do what you’re trying to learn. You can pause and try yourself, then go back and forth as needed.

Also, have you heard of skillshare before? I work in digital marketing and recommend it all the time!! Basically it’s like Netflix for on demand video lessons on photography, editing, Instagram, wordpress, SEO, etc. When you sign up, you get two months free - which is quite generous. They definitely have classes on all the adobe creative suite products, including Lightroom. ♥

I second this.

YouTube has so many great video tutorials on editing. That’s where I learned after effects! In addition to being totally free, they’re also more useful than an ebook format because you literally get to watch someone do what you’re trying to learn. You can pause and try yourself, then go back and forth as needed.

Also, have you heard of skillshare before? I work in digital marketing and recommend it all the time!! Basically it’s like Netflix for on demand video lessons on photography, editing, Instagram, wordpress, SEO, etc. When you sign up, you get two months free - which is quite generous. They definitely have classes on all the adobe creative suite products, including Lightroom. ♥
I find interesting that Jordan shared how she edited her pic the other day...has she been reading here?

I find interesting that Jordan shared how she edited her pic the other day...has she been reading here?
probably, I never saw that story though. Good for her if she took what we said on board. I think that her next move should be to permanently reduce that overpriced ebook

probably, I never saw that story though. Good for her if she took what we said on board. I think that her next move should be to permanently reduce that overpriced ebook
I don’t think it’s anything to do with reading here, as she has been sharing her edits for ages

She really should stop sharing her “to do” lists. Clean your bedroom, read 5 chapters? Are you 12? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

What adult writes these things on a to do list? 🙈🙈

Omg in her mirror selfie trying on her boux avenue order you can practically see her nipples!! All I can think is omg your dad!!

Side note: it is a nice set though ah
Omg I didn’t notice that before. She posts a lot of underwear stuff that she says she’s gonna wear as outfits... errrrr

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.