Helen Anderson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is most definitely overweight, and she holds weight around her abdomen - this is known as visceral fat and it's the most unhealthy kind of fat to "wear" because it surrounds your abdominal organs.

Overweight people like Helen being seen as a normal size in the UK and USA doesn't make it healthy I'm afraid, it's just a reflection of the unhealthy diets and lifestyles that people have here. A quick Google search shows this:

"Data from the Health Survey for England (HSE) conducted in 2018 indicated that 31% of adults in the United Kingdom were recognised as clinically obese with a Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than 30. 63% of adults were classified as overweight or obese (a body mass index of 25 or above)"

So a "normal" size in the UK is overweight. No need to feel sorry for me, I'm very happy with my body and really enjoy being active and eating good food to look after it as best as I can.
You know the BMI scale is bullshit right? It was developed in the 1800s with an abysmal sample size that is not considered scientifically valid. It doesn’t not take into consideration muscle mass and bone density which is a far better indicator of good health. These days you could take an “everyday athlete” who goes to the gym regularly and has a decent amount of muscle and a “skinny fat” person who holds large amounts of fat around their organs and the “skinny” person would be seen as being the “healthier” person.

Reactions: 9
You know the BMI scale is bullshit right? It was developed in the 1800s with an abysmal sample size that is not considered scientifically valid. It doesn’t not take into consideration muscle mass and bone density which is a far better indicator of good health. These days you could take an “everyday athlete” who goes to the gym regularly and has a decent amount of muscle and a “skinny fat” person who holds large amounts of fat around their organs and the “skinny” person would be seen as being the “healthier” person.
The BMI scale isn't "bullshit", and is used by the World Health Organisation and the NHS. It's a decent indicator for the average person, you can quote exceptions but they're anomalies. The UK has a massive obesity problem, and obesity is unhealthy. Those figures aren't due to BMI being inaccurate, they're due to the fact that obesity is really common in this country. There's no changing or escaping that.

Reactions: 7
The BMI scale isn't "bullshit", and is used by the World Health Organisation and the NHS. It's a decent indicator for the average person, you can quote exceptions but they're anomalies. The UK has a massive obesity problem, and obesity is unhealthy. Those figures aren't due to BMI being inaccurate, they're due to the fact that obesity is really common in this country. There's no changing or escaping that.
it is 100% bullshit. You cannot extrapolate a sample size of approximately 50 or so people in the 1800s to be representative of the entire world population. You’re also conflating obesity rates and the accuracy of the BMI scale.
Obesity also has many causes - not insignificant is the socio-economic impact. So you’re earlier claim that obesity is due to a lack of willpower is also rubbish.
There might be an obesity epidemic throughout the western world but it’s not all related to the BMI scale and lack of willpower.

Reactions: 14
No one is telling off other Tattlers. Is a forum we’re allowed to have a discuss but if someone has a different opinion to you, you can’t assume it’s the person the thread is about
My friend went against the grain on here and was given a warning.

Reactions: 1
Gonna change the subject here so folk stop commenting on her weight. Anyone seen her latest vlog where she films everything she does in a day with a go pro on her head, including going to the loo!
yep, and she goes to the toilet twice and doesn’t wash her hands either time which is quite frankly grim. Given her audience and the global pandemic she should be making sure she is washing her hands regularly through the day.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
yep, and she goes to the toilet twice and doesn’t wash her hands either time which is quite frankly grim. Given her audience and the global pandemic she should be making sure she is washing her hands regularly through the day.
1. How could you not wash your hands.
2. How could you not wash your hands and broadcast that to the world.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Omg her not washing her hands made me feel sick which was bad enough in itself then she handled food :sick::sick: her styling videos flashing all her fat is so embarrassing why can’t she be a bit classy like Sammi J I would like her more if she didn’t feel the need to show off so much, also hate how she pretends to hide her new bf but wants everyone to see him she honestly thinks her viewers are stupid, also just to add she is so greedy the amount of money she spends on totally tatt is horrendous how does she afford it all

Reactions: 2
I would not say she is overweight. If anything she is the normal size in the uk. If you think she is overweight I feel sorry for you. I think if she cuts back drinking she could have the perfect body in my opinion. But once again not overweight
Being overweight is a matter of fact, not opinion. I was overweight after Xmas but my size 12s still fits me.

Yall, stop having these weight debates, message outside of this or move on.

Reactions: 5
Not washing your hands in the middle of a pandemic is grim, even for Helen

Reactions: 4
If anyone wants a laugh, there's some god awful attempts at exercise in her latest vlog. It made me laugh this afternoon so cheers Helen!

1. How could you not wash your hands.
2. How could you not wash your hands and broadcast that to the world.

This pandemic has taught me a lot of people 1) never practised handwashing with any regularity and 2) people do not seem to be teaching their kids about handwashing....literally every child we told to wash their hands on leaving the toilet "oh, because of coronavirus." NO...because you wash your hands after the toilet FFS....I only thought the FFS haha.

I did also have a friend when I was in high school, who went to the toilet when she visited, and never washed her hands...even after pooping....yup!

• Sick
Reactions: 9
On a positive note, I just saw her decluttering video from almost a week ago and she looked rather nice there. Some of the go pro footage in the beginning was a bit wobbly so be ware if you can get motion sickness from videos, but the rest of the video was nice (I am a sucker for decluttering videoes).

The BMI was designed to measure fat on men, it doesn't take into account a woman's figure aka boobs and hips (the man who came up with the BMI scale said so himself). Also it was changed by the diet industry. A healthy BMI used to be 18 to 27. The diet industry decided that '25' sounded better then 27 and it the mythical 25 started to be peddled by all and sundry.

The BMI was designed to measure fat on men, it doesn't take into account a woman's figure aka boobs and hips (the man who came up with the BMI scale said so himself). Also it was changed by the diet industry. A healthy BMI used to be 18 to 27. The diet industry decided that '25' sounded better then 27 and it the mythical 25 started to be peddled by all and sundry.
I've often wondered this. If you have large, heavy boobs surely this will make a difference compared to someone with tiny ones.

Reactions: 3
This is super random but i can't believe how much toilet paper she used 😂 I remember at school when we had toilet monitors we were only given 2 pieces for a number 1, but I also grew up in a tight budgeted family so it was ingrained in me to be sparing haha... Is this how the other half live!?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.