Helen Anderson #8 No Masks, No Pubes, Relax Be Cool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband and I got married within 9 months of being engaged, did it for less than 10grand. We were so SO close to running away to Gibraltar to do it because we didn't want a big wedding! Its not for show, its for love!

Here we are, 5 years later, 2 babies, 3 cats and 3 dogs. Still very much in love.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Can't believe we're almost at the end of another thread! Anyone got any suggestions for a new title? 🤔🤔

Reactions: 3
Helen Anderson: fashion guru has-been, wannabe decorating queen, Maff's ex wife and the bane of Fil's life.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Helen Anderson: 2348 trips out during lockdown, only 1 pair of pants

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I still vote for @SHEEP’s genius line of “Oh god Helen, go do some decorating or something.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I know the convo has moved on a bit but I always thought with Helen and Maff that she didn't appreciate the ways he did love her and always wanted to change him.

The biggest lesson I've learnt is to appreciate the ways my boyfriend shows he loves me. It's the little things he still does after almost four years like always serving me first when he cooks, opening doors and carrying bags. I fell asleep on the sofa the other week and he had popped a blanket over me. He isn't conventionally romantic and doesn't do constant gifts. He's just steady and sweet and kind. The second you notice somebody else's 'love language' and stop trying to force things to be perfect, the happier you will be.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I know the convo has moved on a bit but I always thought with Helen and Maff that she didn't appreciate the ways he did love her and always wanted to change him.

The biggest lesson I've learnt it to appreciate the ways my boyfriend shows he loves me. It's the little things he still does after almost four years like always serving me first when he cooks, opening doors and carrying bags. I fell asleep on the sofa the other week and he had popped a blanket over me. He isn't conventionally romantic and doesn't do constant gifts. He's just steady and sweet and kind. The second you notice somebody else's 'love language' and stop trying to force things to be perfect, the happier you will be.
This!! I've been with my partner for nearly 12 years, married almost 5 and he's not romantic. He doesn't tell me he loves me 10 times a day and shower me with useless tat. But he doesn't need to, I know how he feels because he shows it in the ways that matter. Helen obviously has an idea of what a relationship should be like, what her role should be and what her boyfriend or husband should be like and instead of appreciating what she has, she tries to force what she thinks she should have, even if it's not what she or the other person wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She's definitely very imaged-centred when it comes to most things but the aesthetic of a relationship to her has to be this picture perfect lovey dovey but still playing it cool partnership. She clearly puts a lot of pressure on relationships and probably has high standards she expects to be met. My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and until seeing all this stuff about Helen I've not thought about what our relationship looks like on the outside or whether it fits the lovey dovey romantic stereotype. We're completely in love and there genuinely aren't any red flags. I wish she could find the same happiness

Reactions: 14
She just wants a yes man, someone who will do everything for her, no arguments 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I just think she has as much of an issue with balance in her relationships as she does with everything else. She seems to want this funny kind of relationship with a lot of banter and taking the piss out of each other, but she doesn’t understand there has to be like a strong foundation of love beneath that for it to work. Otherwise it will just add to your insecurity.

I agree with you all I think when you’re young you kind of see love as some sort of Disney type love all hearts, flowers and romantic gestures and then you grow up & realise 99.9% of that means nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This!! I've been with my partner for nearly 12 years, married almost 5 and he's not romantic. He doesn't tell me he loves me 10 times a day and shower me with useless tat. But he doesn't need to, I know how he feels because he shows it in the ways that matter. Helen obviously has an idea of what a relationship should be like, what her role should be and what her boyfriend or husband should be like and instead of appreciating what she has, she tries to force what she thinks she should have, even if it's not what she or the other person wants.
I think alot of maffs love language came through into the house a is why the only part of the house that's remained is the kitchen , because he did a lovely job with the tiling (that would have been HARD TO DO! WOW!)
I loved her old bathroom wall paper but she took it down bscuase it was maffs only choice haha

Today I had my boyfriend's parents over for the first time since we moved in May. We moved alpine, have had one couple over before this due to covid. It was very exciting as i had finally gotten each corner of our apartment perfect, art for the walls - painted rooms - furniture peices. I had spent months working on decorating this place; I switched out handles of second hand furniture , my boyfriend built me an open closet system etc.. it took me this long to finish a 1 bedroom apartment yanl to save the money and get the time. I went to Ikea after having saved up during the summer for a desk and the clerk didn't scan in my desk chair and I was sooooo giddy with that $100 savings haha. I cannot imagine the money put into that house!

Reactions: 13
I agree with you all I think when you’re young you kind of see love as some sort of Disney type love all hearts, flowers and romantic gestures and then you grow up & realise 99.9% of that means nothing.
I think alot of maffs love language came through into the house a is why the only part of the house that's remained is the kitchen , because he did a lovely job with the tiling (that would have been HARD TO DO! WOW!)
If Helen ever takes anything from tattle it should be these two points! It’s not that her preferred way to receive love (in terms of love languages) should be ignored but it has to be communicated effectively. She had a man helping to build the house of her dreams! That doesn’t count for nothing.
Also spotted this old comment lol:
F89C3975-2517-4936-824C-A8BFC734B2B4.jpeg

• Haha
If Helen ever takes anything from tattle it should be these two points! It’s not that her preferred way to receive love (in terms of love languages) should be ignored but it has to be communicated effectively. She had a man helping to build the house of her dreams! That doesn’t count for nothing.
Also spotted this old comment lol:
View attachment 327893
Helen Anderson #9: Never sold her soul, never bought new knickers, never had a threesome.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

128354822_200897474964114_6468203626762002573_n.jpg

Happy anniversary of sitting on your arse in a studio and then spending almost the whole year sitting on your arse blaming everything else as the reason why you couldn't release your crappy song, and now you have to play it on repeat all day everyday on all your hundreds of gifted JBL speakers, because no one gives a tit anymore

Relax Be Kewl Betches

(Ear drum warning)

(Also thers still no mention of support for Hex Friends EP release) 😏

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.