Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rosejaxon19

Slightly off topic but my docs want me to slowly come off sertraline in the summer, I’ll have been on it nearly a year by then and the thought of coming off it terrifies me. I’ve obvs said this to my doc but they’re adamant I need to try come off them. Did anyone else who’s taken sertraline have to do this too? (Apologies of this is not something I’m allowed to ask, I know nobody here is a professional, but I have no prior experience or anyone close to me to ask whether this is right or not?)

Reactions: 5

BettyRose

I spent months looking at lucy and yak dungarees before I finally bit the bullet and bought a pair and then I saw all the racist things they've done, the scandal with the facebook group and the fact they just give influencers pairs if they moan enough. Totally right off them.
What's happened?!

Reactions: 5

sd1993

Avoiding things and feeling unable to get things done is very much a part of ADHD for a most people with it. It's caused by imbalance/lack of dopamine primarily, which is what motivates you to do things in life. Surprised someone with ADHD doesn't know this, even if it's not something you struggle much with yourself...

Reactions: 4

rivers

Idk I have 500 followers on my Instagram, most of my posts get 30 likes.. I think I'm at 16% engagement? Curious if engagement could be better than that
I'm similar numbers. Around 400 followers, approx 30 likes. But if you look on that IG, some influencer engagement rates are so bad - Helen's isn't actually too bad but that combined with her YT views is a bit dire.

(Also, haven't been sleeping well for days now so I'm kinda not making sense today. Forgive any typos)

Marwood

She has new roller skates already.

I love roller skating, I'd absolutely watch a video of her telling us how she's started it all (there are so many good roller skaters on YT teaching tricks, how to fall etc), where to find gear for it and stuff.
Ooh any recommendations? Roller skating is absolutely a pursuit that I could not be less suited to - I nearly got a concussion trying to ice skate a few years ago and now the sight of a rink makes me want to cry (also maybe just me but I found that people who can ice skate are up there with people who can ski for not understanding/actively being dicks to people who can't - OK enough privileged-problems adolescent trauma 😂) but all of social media at the minute just makes it look so fun and doable 🤦‍♀️

As someone with ADHD I don't see the connection of avoiding real responsibilities and having an attention disorder...
Because possibly your brain doesn't have the capacities for said responsibilities?

As someone with ADHD I don't see the connection of avoiding real responsibilities and having an attention disorder...
I have ADHD as well, and AFAIK, procrastination (=avoiding things) is very much a symptom of ADHD.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Does anyone else think, she could have ADHD? I think, it's a condition, which is quite suitable to influencer lifestyle.
I can imagine Sammi Maria having it as well. Getting new things gifted constantly, endless possibilities for online rambling, not having to "grow up", avoiding life's "real responsibilities.

• Angry
Reactions: 3

Lunamoon22

VIP Member
Blimey we're going to be hitting another new thread in no time!

Any suggestions for new titles?

Reactions: 2

Marwood

Yeeees! I love Deborah from Dirty School of Skate, she teaches absolutely everything and is so positive (she calls your stomach your snack area it's fab :ROFLMAO: )

There's some very well known skaters on YT but one who is probably most well known was recently in a lot of shit related to racism in the community, she was exiled from it pretty much straight away I think, fired from her job in a well known skate shop too (racism related to Impala skates, which Helen has), I'd start with the channel above, she has absolutely everything there.

I skated when I was younger but recently took it up again, I'm really rusty but I haven't fallen over yet haha so I'm taking it as a good sign.
Amazing, thank you so much!!

PepsiCherry

VIP Member
Miss Louie, Moriah Robinson and Christine Le do some nice workwear videos (american though), and then maybe Lydia Tomlinson or Sarah Nicholls for UK shops? It depends on your industry of course, they cover interior designer to doctor 😂
Newlook and asos have fab workwear!