Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chatty Member
All the shit on her walls makes her house look like Frankie and Benny’s lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Nothing says “plant mom” like letting every single very expensive tropical plant you’ve ever planted in your garden die because you couldn’t be bothered to wrap it over winter

• Heart
Reactions: 71

luckyblue

VIP Member
Helen: I KNOW MY AUDIENCE HAS THE SAME INTERESTS AS ME!

Audience:

View attachment 458464
View attachment 458465
View attachment 458466
View attachment 458467
View attachment 458468

Nice audience you got there, Helen. Totally matches your interests about covid with your constant breaking of the rules, going on about how you loathe masks, how covid is to blame for everything and stating that "lockdown is bullshit"

No wonder she attracts so many of these anti mask, anti lock down, anti covid and anti vax idiots.👌🏼🙄
Slightly OT but I’ve found it astounding this year how many people (like this one) genuinely believe they’re getting some kind of secret knowledge about vaccines that scientists are hiding from the general public. Like if it’s so top secret, how did you, an average person, gain access to it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

ekl2000

VIP Member
She goes to bed with her hair wrapped in a dressing gown belt and plastic cap and we’re expected to believe they have a cracking sex life??

• Haha
Reactions: 58

just_stir_it_una

sorry, rant incoming! there is no ethical consumption under capitalism sorry to be *that* person lol 😬 please keep in mind that like 99% of what's wrong with the world is caused by governments and major businesses not giving a f*ck about the climate, their workers, poverty and so on. I'm not trying to tell you what you should or shouldn't buy, I'm simply saying don't feel guilty about buying what's available and in your budget!! 🥰 it's always a good idea to support small businesses when possible, but don't feel bad for buying "regular stuff" too.

having worked in the beauty industry for years I can assure you that the prices are beyond f*cked up. if anyone remembers I posted about the Tom Ford perfumes a while ago. I paid only 17% of the retail price (the rest is mainly profit for the brand), and the same goes for Clinique skincare, MAC lipsticks and so on and so forth. I honestly doubt there are any major brand companies, whether it be skincare clothes makeup food whatever, which are 100% ethical and where the staff are treated nicely. it's a messed up world, please don't put the burden of it all on yourself ❤ genuinely sorry if this is a load of bullshit, it just makes me sad seeing you guys wanting nice stuff and then worrying so much over it :cry:

edited to add: Lush included

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Lunamoon22

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210302-195605.png

"They both have a realistic outlook on fitness and nutrition"

Helen...............?

WHO the FUCK would want health, fitness and diet advice from HELEN?!

• Haha
Reactions: 55

fr3nch13

Chatty Member
Great summary as always, TY Luna!!!

helen.PNG
thor.PNG

VIDEO SUMMARY:

HAPPINESS LOOKS GREAT ON YOU | A DAY IN THE LIFE OF

Description: A lil simple happy day in the life.

Wasn't expecting her to upload today, but then what do we expect from Helga - Queen of say one thing, do another.

It's Monday.... so this was filmed a week ago.

Starts off by saying the last few days have been "delightfully nice"

View attachment 460609

Rambles on about the sunshine and how it makes her feel nice and makes her feel hopeful and positive and good.

So because of that, she's decided to do a "classic style vlog" which means she's FINALLY ditched the weird HELGAVISION and chin mic and has gone back to holding the camera like a proper vlogger - HURRAH!!!

She really loves her fly on the wall and chin mic but she's going to hold us today because she's got a really nice day today of work and doing things like chores and errands. Sounds FUNZZZZ

She's taken the dogs out, and she's making breakfast, she's also sending some photos across to her manager to be approved.

She points out all of her new plants in the garden, she keeps pointing and going "here.... here..... here..... here..... here"

The number of rotten apples on the ground is insane... I worry about those poor dogs... She claims Dee eats everything - rotten fruit is toxic to dogs!!!

Fuck me, she's still pointing out where her new plants are sprouting "here..... here..... here...... here..... here..... there's not one here..... here....."

She gets distracted by another plant and then exclaims that PLANTS ARE MAGIC!!!! Just because her plant died off but is regrowing from the root.

The walk down the garden has worn her out, she's breathless.

In the office now, editing her QnA Fiwl video

She's now wailing into her microphone, recording a cover for her Reel

View attachment 460610

She's now finished in the office and has packed the last of her poster orders

View attachment 460611

This means another trip to the post office, but she also needs to go to the tip and go to the supermarket

Says that she did a limited run of her posters, 100 prints and sold them all in a week

View attachment 460612

She bought a label printer, especially for the tubes.

Now she wants to sell more and moans about the fact that she has to take out ANOTHER licence with the artist. But she's going to put out more of the prints soon.

HER HAIRRRRRRRRRRR

View attachment 460613

Adds another stop to her non-essential outing to multiple places, she's got no petrol so needs to get some.

"WHERE DID THE PETROL GO?" well you can't stay at home, love. It's gone on all those non-essential outings.

Rambles on about how she loves a trolley bag and her scan and go.

Rushes back inside to get another box to go to the recycling centre, and gets back in the car which stalls

View attachment 460614

"WHYS ME CAR....?"

View attachment 460615

"FLUSTERED!"

First stop: post office
Second stop: petrol
Third stop: Asda

"I know it's not essential but I found a disco ball planter"

She says went to the supermarket to stock up on snacks and mini ice creams.... ESSENTIAL.

View attachment 460616

Fourth stop: the tip

Tells the story about the person who next to her in the car park complaining that she parked too close, apparently he said "can you park any closer?"

"I FORT TO MYSELF YOU CAN FIT A FUCKIN BUS FREW THAT GAP"

She says that she REALLY had the urge to drive out the space and park EVEN CLOSER to his car and yell at him "I CAN, SEE!"

What a bitch.

Moans about the queue to the tip being sooooo long.

View attachment 460617

Wonders if she should just turn around and go home (spoiler: she doesn't)

View attachment 460618

Sitting in the car is making her hungry so she's cracking open the snacks

Now we get to hear about the story of the lady in front of her getting out of her car and walking her recycling to the tip, but it's not her turn and opportunist Helga decides to just overtake her so when she gets back to her car she'll have to wait even longer now

"JUST WAIT LIKE THE REST OF US, DOLL. WAIT LIKE THE REST OF US!!!!!"

She's hungry again so might have another snack.

Back home now and screeching along to songs

View attachment 460619

And her back must be perfectly fine now as she's throwing herself around in front of the camera

View attachment 460620

"YOU KNOW THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT COCONUT MILK, MAN. IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I'M HAVING A TAKEAWAY COFFEE WHEN I'M NOT HAVING A TAKEAWAY COFFEE" Helen not having a takeaway coffee is a fucking rarity.

Diane yawns and Helga screeches a mimicking yawn

View attachment 460621

Fiwl's home. Helga's cooking dinner.

Helga gets a teapigs package, apparently, Fiwl loves the "honey bush and.... rooey bush" ones.

Cut to Helga making Fiwl a sandwich "I LOVE MAKING SANDWICHES!" yep, and you love eating them too.... watch out Fiwl, chomperz is about!

She complains about Fiwl being "DISGUS-TANG" for buttering his bread and having mayo.

She then quizzes him about using a plate when making a sandwich... FFS Helga, leave the boy to make his sandwich in peace.

Helga's mouth is watering at the sight of Fiwl's sandwich, she complains that she hasn't had any lunch today... only a packet of crisps.

Helen is thrilled with her non essential purchase "I CAN'T BELIEVE I MANAGED TO BUY THIS TODAY!"

She shoves her beak in it.

View attachment 460622

"I WANT MORE NOW!" of course you do.

She's put the dogs to bed and she's getting ready for bed herself

View attachment 460623

She whips off her top

View attachment 460624

And knocks out her hair clip

View attachment 460625

NEXT DAY.... Wait... next day? Uhm....This isn't really a day in the life then, is it Helga?

View attachment 460626

Starting her day cleaning.... we've seen her do this in every single fucking vlog. We get it. You clean when the camera is recording.

View attachment 460627

She's "EXCITED" about cleaning her office.

She's got therapy this afternoon and some content that she wants to create later too.

Cleaning done and now she's going to crack on with her to-do list, she randomly hits her desk...

View attachment 460628

View attachment 460629

View attachment 460630

Cut to lunchtime. Cut to her yelling some song lyrics while shaking her arse.

She's got to pop to Dunelm, she's got to get some L shaped pillows because her back is terrible at the moment and poor baby can't sleep.

Back home now, and not only did she go to Dunelm, but she went to the pet store as it was next door. The essential dog item? Bow tie collars.

She tries out the pillows

View attachment 460631

View attachment 460632

View attachment 460633

She also got herself a giant mat for the office.

She tells Dee "PLEASE DON'T PEE ON THIS"

View attachment 460634

Dinner time

Bath time

Ice cream time

Bed time

Does some weird poses

View attachment 460635

View attachment 460636

View attachment 460637

And that's it... a day in a life which turned into two days, during a strict national lockdown she managed to visit a minimum of 6 places in two days... and that's not counting the dog walks and possible (and oh so likely) Grace meetups.

Im so confused as to why she's uploaded Mondays vlog on a Sunday... And the title... Nothing of significance actually happened? She just went shopping a lot...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Lunamoon22

VIP Member
VIDEO SUMMARY: HOW TO CREATE A GALLERY WALL

Description: Here I show you two ways to create a gallery wall​

Woo, this video sounds exciting!!!!! 😴

Starts off shoving her vase of flowers out the way to make way for her huge Dunelm box

Today she's going to teach us two ways of putting up a gallery wall, one is the new way of doing it, one is the old way of doing it. Whatever that means.

The new way of doing her gallery wall is more organised and refined - this means that she's going to be actually measuring shit out properly.

16 A4 prints, shockingly they're not all of her

She's got Ellie and Cooper...

Fil and his car...

1.png

Ben and his girlfriend Helen... I mean what's her face.. oh yeah Beth

Ben and his girlfriend I mean bandmate Helen who's drinking a pint

This awful picture of Helen, a pint and Fil

2.png

Helen with Grace and Kat, then we got Savage on a bridge.

Helen in a hat

3.png

Fil trying to hide

4.png

Grace and Andy on a boat, then a very old pic of Helen and Josie

She moves her table out the way to show us the state of the floor

5.png

6.png

She's going to lay them all out on the floor first because she's got a combination of landscape and oh my god why is this such a boring video, no one cares.

She's using the backing of the photo frame to mark out where the hooks are, she "boops" a pen mark "some people might measure it, but I think it's roughly there" I thought you were going to be more refined and measure this time, Helga.

7.png

Explains that if we push down hard enough when marking out, you'll get a triangle indent.

She says she's not particularly anal.... (lol) ......about everything being 100% in line. She don't care if shit is wonky.

She's gone to get a drill..... a drill?! For cheap lightweight A4 picture frames?? Why?? Girl, hammer and nail would be more than enough or get some picture hanging strips, it doesn't need to be that complicated.

Says the only thing her and Fil bicker about is the placement of the garage key and who had them last (lol I do not believe this is the ONLY thing that they bicker about)

"he comes in here more than I do"

8.png

She thinks she needs to find the spirit level, so yells "SPIRIT" in hopes that it would magically pop-out

"IT'S A SIGN OF TRUE LOVE WHEN HE LETS YOU USE HIS DRILL BITS"

9.png

Helga's sticking up bits of paper on the wall and explaining how to measure.

To check if you like how they're going to look, just hold them up there and look with your eyeballs! WOW!

10.png

"A lot of people I know, go to the effort of, y'know, getting brown paper, drawing around the frames, the whole frame and then they cut it out and then they put the hole where the hook is on that... which you would say is a really good way of doing it because you know it's FOOLPROOF, so if you wanna be FOOLPROOF do it, but this way it's slightly less FOOLPROOF but it's quicker because you don't have to do any cutting out and you don't have to be drawing around"

Helen, it ain't that deep love, you're doing the same fucking thing but instead of brown paper, you're using white.

11.png

"If I wanted to go the extra mile, I would have just got some brown paper and drawn on it around the frame... but I can't be bothered" Why is that not surprising?

She's measuring with a measuring tape but complains that she needs a ruler.

"IF FIL WOZ 'ERE HE'D BE DOING IT SO ANALLY"

12.png

She continues measuring and then gets "this fing" that checks if it's safe to drill holes into the wall. We all know how great Helga is at drilling holes into walls. What could possibly go wrong?

13.png

More arse shots as she yells at the wall to "SHUT UP" because it has a cable right where she wants to put the picture. A smarter man would have swept the wall first before planning out (to the millimetre) the precious gallery design.

She's going at it with the drill now...

15.png

Every time she completes a drill she has to scream "WOO" and "YEAH BITCH!"

She suddenly scares the shit out of us all by popping her head up into frame to complain about doing it on her own.

16.png

17.png

"It's easier when there's another person but if there's two of you have someone hold the hoover as you drill coz I'm currently holding on to sumfink whilst I drill - but if you got anova set of 'ands, get dem to hold the schnozzle of your 'oover"

She drills the rest of the holes and then takes a well-deserved lunch break where she lists off all the healthy ingredients of her Hello Fresh and makes us watch her shovel it so deep down her throat. Gross.

18.png

Back to "work" now, she's got to put the screws in. But we wouldn't know that from looking because this view is SO FUCKING DARK, we can only see her fucking arse.

19.png

Prints are up and now it's time for her fav part... hoovering. She hoovers while singing "HENRY IS THE BEST" then tucks him in between her legs and goes "ooh"

20.png

"Here we are. We. Are. Done. I think it was a suck-sess"

The fucking state of this room

21.png

Says that some of the pictures are a "bit off". Then says that both ways work pretty well... "you could do the measurement way as besy as you can and make it look uniform like this or you can be more sporadic like this...." she zooms to her self love wall which she's going to talk about tomorrow. WOO!

Next day now.

Little Miss "I Don't Seek Approval", says that she got the boyfriends approval for yesterday's work

She likes it because it feels like A PUB. 🤣🤣🤣 Of course it does, you fucking alcoholic

She loves using up every little bit of space she has with prints. She shoves a finger up her nose.

22.png

She's now going to show us how she made her wall of self-love.

She takes all the pictures down but weirdly leaves on of herself up

23.png

"I really respect people who do it properly, measure it. Amazing love yer patience, I don't av any. Gimmie some that'll be great"

Says she starts from the centre of the wall and works out or will work from the bottom or the top and work her way down or up. "Either way works"

What she did next was put the first picture up then put one next to it, then her finger where the hook is and marks it roughly on the wall with a pencil and then will drill the wall.

24.png

Next, she'll get another picture and does the same, and then another picture and another and blah blah fucking blah.

What kind of shit quality video is this? Where👏 is 👏the 👏 lighting???

25.png

She wants to redo this wall a bit better one day, today obviously won't be that day. But she loves her gallery wall she thinks it's very.... what word will she use to describe it?? Say it with me, kids.... "KEWL"

Says bye, but not before advertising her home IG account with a weird click of her fingers and panting sound.

The end.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lunamoon22

VIP Member
VIDEO SUMMARY: REAL TALK: Anti Depressants, Self Care & Weight Gain

Description: SORRY FOR MIC INTERFERENCE! A real frank talk about Anti Depressants, self care and weight gain. These are my personal experiences and opinions which I thought I would share. Myabe you can relate! Just trying to make the hard things to talk about less hard to talk about.

Starting off with making a tea in her bum mug... tee hee hee 🙄

She is in her sofa duvet and feels like it's been a while since she sat down and chatted

Says that Sammi Maria has a series called Girl Talk, and Helga thinks it's a great idea, so she's copying that.

Tells us that if we don't have a sofa duvet in our life, get one it will change our lives

Mentions that she can't wear makeup at the moment as she's had a bit of a 'skin mishap' we can't tell but when she puts makeup on we can see her skin peel more obviously.

Today she wants to talk about mental health, body image and sort of wellness.

Tells us that it might be a long one so just put her video on in the background to listen to while you do something else lol

She "finks" it's important to "tawk" about "men tal elf" in a "fwank kinda way"

Thinks the more we talk about it the more normal it will become. Also says she's not a health professional or doctor - no fucking shit, Sherlock.

Says she's not telling us what to do or advising us on what to do, she's just sharing her experiences.

Tells us to take what we want from this rambling video

"Men tal elf issues is sooooo common, I dunno why they're so.... not
frowned upon.... but lyke.... shhh. So I'm just gunna tawk abowt it"

1.png

She thinks what she's been through is important to share.

Just before Christmas (says if we have seen her new year update video then we'll know), she decided to call the doctor about her moods and how she was feeling.

She noticed a pattern in her moods a week or two before her period she was feeling REALLY, REALLY, REALLY low. REALLY LOW and REALLY doubtful, lots of negative thinking and thoughts and it was a constant up and down cycle which was exhausting her.

She told her doctor that she thinks she's suffering from PMDD, and her doctor didn't know what that meant so Dr Helga had to remind her.

2.png

"Just goes to show that women's mental health and general health is still a mystery. HA HA HA!!!!"

3.png

"But that's a whole other story"

Says that it's not to say that her Doctor is BAD, she's a lovely, lovely lady (it's just that Helga knows more via Google)

Even after telling her doctor that she might have PMDD, she's still not been diagnosed with anything, but from how she's been dealing and the patterns in her mood she thought that she might have it.

Overall she's been quite depressed and down for a VERY LONG TIME.

She hid it well, and looking back now she sees that she was really depressed. "MAD MAD TINGS"

She's started going to therapy and the combination of the two (two what?) she's actually "quite... ugh... I'm not... ugh... I'm disappointed in myself for not doing something about it sooner"

She's taking Sertraline 50 mg

She thinks it increases her serotonin levels, she doesn't feel mega, mega happy, but she feels more balanced and the edge has been taken off and feels more level "more NORMAL"

Says not to get her wrong, she still has her down days which always happens just before her period but it's not as bad as it was before.

Imagine the sadness is cold icy water (like the frozen puddle she let Diane struggle to get out of while she stood there filming it), and you're really struggling to get your head above water, this is how she describes to her mates.

The antidepressants are a net that pulls her out of the water. She knows the sadness is still there, she can see it but she can't feel it.

The volume has been turned right down on her negative voices.

"I don't put fings off ne more. I don't look at small tasks and go 'ugh'"

She can now pick up mugs on the table straight away YAY

"I FEEL EXCITED ABOUT MY WORK!!! I NO LONGER FEEL LIKE REALLY FEEL THAT NEGATIVE ABOUT WORK, I'M EXCITED ABOUTBY IT! I FEEL I'VE GOT THIS LOVE FOR CREATING CONTENT AGAIN!"

"I don't feel resentful"

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT NEGATIVE COMMENTS AS MUCH ANYMORE" (yeah, you've been saying that for 10 years, love)

"There's no point, it's just almost like that negative energy that's in me is sort of gone.... I'm not saying that it's a cure...." (but she's saying it's a cure lol)

Goes on to say that shes sooooo surprised about how she feels so much better and how much of herself she feels.

Then tells us NOT to be OFFENDED by what she's about to say, because she doesn't feel like this anymore - but she repeats again how she thought being on antidepressants was a last resort and to her was a failure

She didn't want to go to a doctor because they were just going to put her on pills and she didn't want to be THAT KIND OF PERSON that's reliant on them

"not to say I had a problem with ANYONE who could do that, but I, being like this positive person, positive person for EVERYBODY else, who was bringing people up and INSPIRING them and being that person that people LOOK UP TO, felt like a failure"

She's only been on pills / therapy for 3 months.

She finds it PROBLEMATIC that being on tablets is still seen like that by other people.

SHE REALLY WISHES THAT THEY WEREN'T CALLED ANTIDEPRESSANTS

Explains that some people are put off by how others might perceive them and she really feels like they should be called something else.

SHE'D LIKE TO RENAME THEM "MOOOOOOD LEVELLERS" OR "LEVELLERS" OR "BALANCE SOMETHING"

Bitch, how you going to fight the stigma of depression if you can't even call the tablets by their fucking name. It will still have the same stigma even if you called them fucking "happy pills". Absolute moron.

She's trying hard not to say that depression is frowned upon, and says that it's taboo.

Says that it's getting better about being identified and normalised, yet it's actually not.

"I FINK THE STIGMA NEEDS TO BE BROKEN!" She demands

She's like 10 years fucking out of date.

Rants on about her regrets for not taking them sooner as it might have made her get more work done or might have made her more PRODUCTIVE.

She feels contradictory for saying that she feels bad for talking about them, because she doesn't want people to think that she's telling you that there's a be all to end al, but she thinks what she is saying don't be scared by them because she's so happy with her own results. WOO!

She shoves a podgy finger up her nose and wipes it on the duvet

4.png

She goes on to talk about therapy and laughs that she originally went to therapy to talk about her self-worth and insecurities (and because of reading Tattle)

In therapy, she's learned that she's one for catastrophizing things and pre-empting people's perception of her which is negative.

"I'M QUITE BAD AT NOT LIVING IN THE MOMENT"

She loves having someone so impartial and non-judgemental to talk to

She's learning a lot about herself and re-learning a lot about herself

The next topic is wellness and self-care where she goes on about her BoUnDaRiEs

5.png

Helen's lighting is so fucking shite.

Says that self-care is COMPLETELY UNIQUE TO YOU

"now don't get me wrong, you've got the short term fixes, which everybody is like HASHTAG SELFCARE!!!!!" she mocks

6.png

"like yer barfs n yer wine n yer walks n all that sorta stuff" ....so everything that you promote and do...

Goes on about how long term self-care is about boundaries and where to draw the lines and changing habits.

Goes on about how her work life and chill time balance is difficult

7.png

She gets super excited about her work and after uploading she'll spend a lot of time scrolling through comments and engaging with people, which is fun for her but she says she never stops talking to people.

Says the more she puts out the more she feels that she needs to engage and then she starts getting anxious and it's a vicious cycle.

"That's why I love me weekends, and I really try n switch off ova the weekends"

Says she's limiting herself with a cut off for work or exercise so then she can do a pamper time or a chocolate treat time.

She tries not to compare herself to other people and tries not to let other people's lifestyles make HER feel BAD

"there's this like fing on the internet that if someone makes you feel bad then unfollow them. But in a way I fink that... that mentality is a bit WRONG"

"you should be able to look at someone and be happy for them and allow them to do their thing and be their person"

She still looks at people's stories and gets the green-eyed monster

"IT'S NOT A CASE OF WOT THEY'RE DOING MAKES ME FEEL BAD ABOUT MYSELF, IT'S MORE A CASE OF I CAN'T RELATE TO THEM"

She feels like unfollowing people because you can't relate to them is healthier than unfollowing them because they make you feel bad about yourself.

She pauses because she's forgotten what she's waffling about.

"I actually forgot where I am" ...we're talking about how you're jealous about other influencers and you were trying to justify and say that it's ok to unfollow them as it's not that they make you feel like shit, but because you no longer relate to them.

ALSO, YOU ARE SITTING IN THE DARK, GIRL!!!

8.png

"You need to find things that make you feel good and work out the things that don't make you feel good. You need to work on sorting the equilibrium HAHAHAHA GET ME A THEO-SOR-US I'M TRYING TO SAY BALANCE LIKE 200 DIFFERENT TIMES!!!!"

"Just get the balance right"

"JUST BECAUSE I'M AN INFLUENCER OR A YOUTUBER OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BLOODY CALL ME"

"I know that people look to me for advice and stuff, which I'm flattered, but life's a journey, man. I don't have it all figured out"

The next topic is BODY IMAGE.

She knows that a lot of people are feeling crappy about themselves with the lockdown weight gain and everything.

She read a post on IG recently about toxic positivity and it sparked a fire in her and she decided to copy it.

She says she feels bad for saying shit like "oh feel good about yourself" and "love yourself"

Says that it comes across as quite intimidating and problematic to people, as it puts pressure on people to love themselves when they're struggling

"It's eva 'ate yerself cuz yer too fat, and yer disgusting, and the society 'ates yer, yer gross, media bollocks, yer know wot I mean, yer know 'ow we've bin brainwashed that there's only one type of body that's perfect..."

"THAT'S 'ARD TO UNLEARN, MAN"

Says that to go to the other end of the spectrum and tell people to love themselves no matter what is a lot to deal with, man

Says as much as she loves the body confidence movement and she loves all the advocates and thinks that they're doing a brilliant job - she feels that we need to be a bit more neutral

Says she's put on a stone since last March, last lockdown but she's not going to feel guilty bout it

Says the only joy she gets out of life at the moment is eating and going to the supermarket

"LIKE I LOST MA SHIT IN SAINSBURY'S LAST WEEK! I NEVER FOUND ANYTHING SO EXCITING!!!"

She bought herself loads of doughnuts and snacks (wait... she bought EVEN MORE doughnuts after all those doughnuts she got for her birthday?!)

Says it's okay because she has a more balanced and nutritional diet during the week and when the weekend comes around they eat what they want and drink beers because they can't go out to the cinema, they can't go bowling, and they can't see their friends.

"The only thing that's like differentiates the week from the weekend is just eating a shit ton and just having fun with it"

9.png

"I've gained weight from it. I've gained, I've gained weight... yeah. I'm exercising. The amount I'm eating is outweighing the effect of the exercise. YES I CAN BITCH ABOUT IT, YES I CAN SAY HOW UNCOMFORTABLE I FEEL OR HOW I DON'T FEEL MYSELF, OR HOW IM PARTICULARLY HAPPY WITH THE EXTRA TIMBER THAT I'M CARRYING"

"BUT CLEARLY I DON'T REALLY CARE THAT MUCH BECAUSE I'M NOT ON A DIET HAHAHAHA!!!"

"I'M NOT TRYING, I'M NOT ACTIVELY TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT"

She was chatting to her best mate who said that she's also put on a stone and Helga was asking her why do you feel bad though?

"accept it, take accountability for it and ACCEPT IT" (lololol accountability from Helga)

Says there's no point in feeling bad about it because this is the world right now and there are worse things going on at the moment (like Helga constantly putting people at risk by breaking lockdown)

She's not going to tell us to love ourselves no matter what, she's going to tell us not to feel bad for feeling bad, to not feel bad about gaining weight, if you wanna feel bad then do that. "It's down to you, man"

10.png

"I'm actually not going to tell you wot to do, because I think that's primarily that's my beef is people telling you wot to do with yourself or who to think, I will just tell you to not feel bad" ...that's telling people what to do dumbass.

She notices that it's getting dark, but isn't going to do shit about it.

11.png

She's happy to be that person she's not going to call it body confidence, but to add to that diversity of body sizes.

Says she's a confident person on the outside and that confidence was just a given to her.

"SHREK IS RIGHT MAN. I'M GUNNA SAY OGRES, WE ARE ALL ALL A BIT LIKE AN OGRE, BUT WE'RE LIKE ONIONS AREN'T WE, WE GOT SO MANY LAYERS TO US... OH LIFE AY.... THAT WAS MY FRIDAY EVENING WAFFLE"

She's now going to rush edit this and upload it within an hour... fucking unprepared rush job.

"IF I CAN EDIT THAT QUICKLY... IF YOU CAN RELATE. IF YOU CAN'T THEN SOZ HAHAHAHA WE CAN'T ALWAYS BE ON THE SAME PAGE AND I CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE NEEEEVA"

And that's the video. Wow.

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m new here, but a lurker (hey hehe) and ngl i am fucking offended by this video. I’m on sertraline and i do genuinely rely on them, as many other people do. I’ve had depression for years, anorexia and most recently ptsd after watching my mom very suddenly and shockingly die two years ago. Without this medication, i would not be here. I was so lost and i couldn’t function. She’s attaching shame onto those who genuinely do need and rely on these tablets just to get through day to day life. It’s not fair. Pls don’t let her make you feel bad for doing anything you need to get through this existence (be kind to yourself please, genuinely 💖)

• Heart
Reactions: 52

luckyblue

VIP Member
I've finally finished and I have a lot to say, sorry for the probably long post, skip if you want :) Obviously based on my own experience with mental health and my feelings.
She should've at least had some talking points written down. I get annoyed at how she starts to say something, realises it's not the right phrasing and is going to offend people, and then she just continues the sentence on and leaves it in the video. She needs to learn to stop talking, think of the correct phrasing, start the whole sentence again, and edit out the original offensive phrasing.
I appreciate her being clear with the disclaimer at the beginning but I don't think she followed through with that message throughout. She started out saying 'this is just my experience' and then at certain points switched to "you just need to do this or that". As many here know mental illness is not one size fits all, I don't think there's much point in telling people "therapy's great" or "meds are great" because there are so many different types of both and they all work differently depending on what condition or disorder you're struggling with. The only thing I do think is okay is speaking from personal experience, ie. X therapy worked great for me, Y meds didn't work very well for me.
It also bothers me that she keeps saying "mental health" when she means depression and anxiety exclusively. I'm not really hearing much that applies to BPD, bipolar, ptsd, etc. which is good because (as far as I know) she doesn't have experience with those, but then she should use the right terms for what she's actually talking about.
I also take 50mg of sertraline for depression and anxiety, I've been taking them for a few years now and I've also done CBT. I do understand what she's saying somewhat, before medication I could easily stay in bed for days and ignore all responsibilities because I felt so low. For me, the medication made it so that even when I was having the same thought cycles I could still function. However, it is an antidepressant, because that's what depression is, and that's what the medication treats. If you want to normalise it you should be comfortable with the real term, and understand why it's called that. It's also not going to work that way for everyone, there's lots of controversy around the effects of the medication, and they can make some people worse. I see what others were saying a few posts above, I do think she needs to talk about the whole picture of medication instead of just painting it as a wonderful cure all.
I do agree with her that there's still a lot of stigma around mental health personally, but after watching the whole video I do think Helen is still contributing to that. She talks for the second time now about how she thought it would make her feel like a failure, and though she expanded on that a lot more this time, I don't feel like her explanation really justified saying that once again. It just feels like she keeps reiterating that and putting it in people's minds if anything without in depth examples of why she felt that way and how that's changed.
I'll quit my rambling now before this is as long and boring as the video 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 51

hellom

Hi again :) I've seen quite a few of you having comments and questions about therapy. As a full-time CBT therapist staying home from work with a cold I thought I'd take the time to answer a few of the themes I've seen in this and previous threads. To give you a bit of a background of what I do, most of my patients suffer from either depression, anxiety, stress or burn-out. These are the most common diagnoses I work with. Concering being honest about the amount of alcohol she drinks, even patients who claim to be upfront about their drinking almost always give you a (what they believe to be) more "socially acceptable" number of drinks. A good therapist will know this and not stare themselves blind at the units of alcohol but instead focus on the problematic behaviours that comes with exessive drinking. It is not the number of drinks themselves who give off alarm bells but certain traits and behaviours that many alcoholics have in common as well as how they speak about drinking. Regarding Helen joking about doing her homework just before her therapy session made me just shake my head as it shows that she isn't taking the work seriously. To change your behaviours/thought patterns you have to constantly and actively work with yourself. To think that a one-hour session a week will magically change you is just extreme laziness or being unmotivated. It is the work that you do OUTSIDE the sessions in your everyday life that is the true and important work. Sitting and just talking about ones problems is the easy part, to actually do things in your life differently is difficult. If she is doing CBT (or any other type of therapy opposed to just general counseling) she needs to do her homework every day for it to have a real effect. As I often say to my patients; I can give you the tools but you have to do the work youself. I do hope that I made som sense as I'm not a native speaker. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)

• Heart
Reactions: 50