Helen Anderson #14 Drinks if the day ends in Y, Not an influencer but please buy, buy, buy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh man, I actually really like her top in that video :LOL: 🤷‍♀️ Also I got one HelloFresh box and it was a total let down. They didn't notify me until the delivery date that one of the main ingredients was missing, the lemon was manky and the saffron powder sachet had been ripped open so I couldn't really use it. I did get money back but it was credit so had to use it by ordering another box. Gousto is meant to be really good though. I've also just placed an order with AllPlants who do vegan/veggie meal boxes so will see what that's like!

Reactions: 7
Helen’s content just comes across as very scattered to me. I get the idea of her not having a niche and I do enjoy some content creators like that but she's just missing something. If you're going to do whatever you want with your content, then you're selling your personality more than anything else, which I think means you need to be likeable/relatable to a large group of people. I just don't think that's true for her at the moment.
On top of that I think people who are successful with that type of content have a broader niche rather than not having a niche at all. For example, if someone creates a lot of content around healthy eating, they can probably get away with adding content about exercise and other aspects of wellness, because their audience are likely to be interested in those things too. To me, if Helen wants to be a sort of lifestyle content creator, she has to be painting a picture of a specific lifestyle. It's very unclear what the picture is supposed to be when her content is like "here's how I do heatless curls", "here's how a style my hair using a hot tool", "here's how I stay body confident and love myself", "here's me in a shapeless sack that hides my body entirely, and also I'm the same size as I was 5 years ago even though I've gained a couple stone".

Reactions: 29
Oh man, I actually really like her top in that video :LOL: 🤷‍♀️ Also I got one HelloFresh box and it was a total let down. They didn't notify me until the delivery date that one of the main ingredients was missing, the lemon was manky and the saffron powder sachet had been ripped open so I couldn't really use it. I did get money back but it was credit so had to use it by ordering another box. Gousto is meant to be really good though. I've also just placed an order with AllPlants who do vegan/veggie meal boxes so will see what that's like!
Yeah Gousto the food is better. I just use the intro discounts (no influencer codes) then sack it off after for the best value.

Reactions: 6
Helen’s content just comes across as very scattered to me. I get the idea of her not having a niche and I do enjoy some content creators like that but she's just missing something. If you're going to do whatever you want with your content, then you're selling your personality more than anything else, which I think means you need to be likeable/relatable to a large group of people. I just don't think that's true for her at the moment.
On top of that, I think people who are successful with that type of content have a broader niche rather than not having a niche at all. For example, if someone creates a lot of content around healthy eating, they can probably get away with adding content about exercise and other aspects of wellness, because their audience are likely to be interested in those things too. To me, if Helen wants to be a sort of lifestyle content creator, she has to be painting a picture of a specific lifestyle. It's very unclear what the picture is supposed to be when her content is like "here's how I do heatless curls", "here's how a style my hair using a hot tool", "here's how I stay body confident and love myself", "here's me in a shapeless sack that hides my body entirely, and also I'm the same size as I was 5 years ago even though I've gained a couple stone".
Definitely agree with her content being all over the place, and she has too many fingers in too many pies. I wonder if she does that just so she can get a huge variety of freebies. If she concentrated on one or two specific content topics then she would be limiting her free PR and sponsorships. We all know how important that free bottle of Tropicana was to her brand 🤣

At the moment she's doing the old MY BOYFRIEND DOES THIS MY BOYFRIEND DOES THAT titled content, that was a trend, like, 7 years ago. It's just rehashed content that other people has already done. It makes me laugh when she claims how she never follows the crowd or hops on a trend, she does nothing but that - ASMR videos, TikTok and IG trends, YouTube tags. There is nothing original about her.

I cant see her ever changing and concentrating on doing a few things really well - she's increased her uploads and the videos are so bleeping sloppy. She's just a mess. Like, in every aspect of her life. Her videos, her hair, her skin, her fashion, her personality, her loudness, her morals. She's not the same person she was... She just seems lost (not that she would ever admit it but she's been on a rapid decline ever since Maff left)

Reactions: 25
Yeah Gousto the food is better. I just use the intro discounts (no influencer codes) then sack it off after for the best value.
So I’ve had a look and it turns out Gousto doesn’t deliver to me (N. Ireland) so that rules that idea out 😄🤦‍♀️ I appreciate the feedback though! We did find Hello Fresh to be really good until Brexit, but I don’t see that justifying food going out of date the next day after it’s been delivered.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
On Helen:
I agree, she churns out a lot of content but it's all half-arsed, she accepts collab after collab to the point that she's blatantly insincere when she talks about anything. Also I think even her spon content is pretty sloppy, I wouldn't be impressed if I was a brand. (mind you I haven't watched a full video of hers in over 3 months thanks to Luna's summaries 🙌)

On the topic of food boxes:
So I’ve had a look and it turns out Gousto doesn’t deliver to me (N. Ireland) so that rules that idea out
I currently get the odd Mindful Chef box now and then. I get the vegan recipes and have found them tasty so far. They do get quite repetitive, but since I can't afford full price on any of these recipe boxes, I only use them from time to time as treat when they send out offers.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sat waiting for my dumplings to cook in my casserole, thought duck it ill watch her vlog...(before I settle into something I actually enjoy) Oh my god I cringed and I've had to turn it off, the PLUM UP YER BUM bit and the way she engages FIWL.. He's just shrinking at her every movement... For gawwwds sake. My eyes can't unsee the awkwardness, I got 5:16 seconds into it, painful. Helen get rid of him. No chemistry :oops:🤔:ROFLMAO:

Sorry if I'm rehashing old news!

And the fact she only told him he would be doing a Q&A once he had got through the door, the guys just finished work ffs....
She has him by the drawstrings on his hoodie :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: proper manipulative body language..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Sat waiting for my dumplings to cook in my casserole, thought duck it ill watch her vlog...(before I settle into something I actually enjoy) Oh my god I cringed and I've had to turn it off, the PLUM UP YER BUM bit and the way she engages FIWL.. He's just shrinking at her every movement... For gawwwds sake. My eyes can't unsee the awkwardness, I got 5:16 seconds into it, painful. Helen get rid of him. No chemistry :oops:🤔:ROFLMAO:

Sorry if I'm rehashing old news!

And the fact she only told him he would be doing a Q&A once he had got through the door, the guys just finished work ffs....
She has him by the drawstrings on his hoodie :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: proper manipulative body language..
Pretty funny how she put him on the spot as soon as he got in and one of his pet hates was her pouncing on him when he just gets home.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Oh my God. What is this tit?

Screenshot_20210224-181334.png

The close up of her crusty, flakey, retinol burned nose 🤢

Screenshot_20210224-181345.png

The poses....

Screenshot_20210224-181407.png

Screenshot_20210224-181435.png

The acting....

Screenshot_20210224-181459.png

Screenshot_20210224-181514.png

The lighting change and weird stuffing of the face....

Screenshot_20210224-181549.png

Screenshot_20210224-181605.png

So gross.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
That reel is terrible. She wants to teach content production, call herself a content creator, maybe dabble in some wedding videography or whatever, but she puts out such poor work. No green screen would’ve been better than a bad green screen.

Reactions: 23
The jowls... the weird Homer Simpson upper lip/chin.... No, just.... No.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
View attachment 453592

Oh my God. What is this tit?

View attachment 453593

The close up of her crusty, flakey, retinol burned nose 🤢

View attachment 453594

The poses....

View attachment 453595

View attachment 453596

The acting....

View attachment 453597

View attachment 453598

The lighting change and weird stuffing of the face....

View attachment 453601

View attachment 453603

So gross.

She has to make a big entrance for... a business meeting with a burger? The sports bag suggests an illicit cash transaction - is this a drug deal or ransom money? Why the steam? How is it that something using this Zoom background style can also feel like a TV indent from ~2001? I'll hand it to her, she does keep it baffling

ETA she didn't choose the, uh, banging music at least - it seems to be an ad pack they sent out to a a few influencer types under that hashtag (one so far 😂)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Is that an AD for McDonald's ???? Because I would be asking for a refund if I'd paid her for that ad lol

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Blooooody hell that “acting” 😂😂😂😂 im
Cringing so hard!!!
Every time she tries to act, it always brings me back to this amazingly awful and weird "acting" moment...

I still have no idea what this was... Or what the point of it was, it was supposed to be the intro to a lookbook 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.