Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I'm so glad it's not just me harbouring inappropriate feelings for him 😂 you're right, it's the character of Nick that makes us all swoon a bit because he's so kind, caring and likeable (with amazing hugs!). It's probably for the best there isn't as much promo this time around due to the strike as I'd fall down a rabbit hole of watching all the interviews if they were available 😂

(Just leaving this here for those who haven't seen it - especially @LaBlonde haha)

sweet of face! blush of cheeks! HUGE OF ARMS! (literally whispering “he was born in 2004” to myself over and over 🤣)

like @Mark81 said above, he’s written and portrayed beautifully as the sixth form boyfriend we all wished we’d had. and i went to a sixth form with a rugby team too so it’s heightened for me. he’s just so gentle and supportive with charlie - one of my favourite things about the second series is seeing charlie take on that role for him too. adorable!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

LaBlonde

VIP Member
i’m glad i’m not the only one dealing with kit connor feelings. sweet of face and huge of arms has always been my thing 🤣

it’s such a comfort blanket of a series. i’m trying to pace it out because it always leaves me in such a good sort of mood that i don’t want to watch it all at once!

capriallie

VIP Member
sweet of face! blush of cheeks! HUGE OF ARMS! (literally whispering “he was born in 2004” to myself over and over 🤣)

like @Mark81 said above, he’s written and portrayed beautifully as the sixth form boyfriend we all wished we’d had. and i went to a sixth form with a rugby team too so it’s heightened for me. he’s just so gentle and supportive with charlie - one of my favourite things about the second series is seeing charlie take on that role for him too. adorable!
See this baffles me. In my eyes, someone born in 2004 is 6 years old 😂

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
Something else I realised was how realistic it felt to it being like school. More so than most shows. Even though its over 30 years since I was in school, the way they spoke and acted all reminded me of how it was at school when I was 16. Sure it wasn't as open minded etc, but just the over excitement, finding dumb stuff funny etc. The small things made it feel well rounded

Reactions: 6

Mark81

VIP Member
I think its because currently queer equals edgy or feminine. You're not aloud to be anything else.

Boogs

VIP Member
The song used in the final scene is Ur so pretty by Wasia Project which is the actor who plays Tao and his little sister. Their music is beautiful ❤

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I think he said it was a result of the bullying, made him dislike himself, alongside the self-harm?
Plus the emotional abuse he suffered while being with Ben (who also assaulted him). Charlie seems to live with a lot of guilt (if anyone ever pays attention to Joe Locke‘ acting, you’d see he does a brilliant job portraying this), while almost accepting the bullying and manipulation from others. I think him being determined that Nick should have a better coming out experience was very telling. He was worried for Nick all season long and it was important to him to keep up a facade, until Nick insisted he shouldn’t.
I felt the reasons were laid out quite well in season 1, but season 2 was The Nick Nelson Show, so I get why people would miss the clues concerning Charlie.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
As sweet and lovely as Heartstopper is and the whole cast seem to be some of the loveliest people you could hope to meet. The fandom is toxic as fuck. It's vile. It's nasty. It's just horrible.

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I’m 43 watching with my just about to go to big school daughter. It’s so lovely and it’s rare we enjoy anything together. If I tried talking to my daughter about sexuality or feelings, she’d shut me down and call me cringe but this is a way to open the communication channel naturally. Plus I’m a sucker for sweet romance!

• Heart

Amyx1518

VIP Member
I watched with my 10 year old and it was lovely to be able to just watch without having to skip the sexy bits. I thought it was lovely, nice to see an lgbt couple happy not torn apart! Really enjoyed it.

Mark81

VIP Member
I’m not sure what media you read, but it isn’t in the stuff I read, and I’m not limited to the telegraph 😁
I mean all the recent publicity images of Kit (which started this conversation) are all examples of what I was referring to. It's the high fashion, quirky out there or feminine styling. Obviously nothing wrong with that, but when it's all there is that's the issue.

I have actually been told I shouldn't read or watch or like something/or should like something. In recent years some of the more judgemental stuff ive experiencd has come from the queer community.

There is a section of society that don't feel they relate to a lot of what's put out there at the moment.

With thay I think I'll check out this thread

Reactions: 5

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I absolutely adore Kit Connor's acting in Heartstopper, he is a lovely Nick. But I always feel a bit sad for poor Joe Locke, who's constantly overlocked (not to mentioned, mocked and harassed by "fans" of the series) while Kit wins awards left and right. The entire show wouldnt work if Joe wasn't truly great as Charlie. Just my opinion of course :) Kit is the fan favorite, but I don't think that Heartstopper is The Nick Nelson Show.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Really happy for Joe‘s success and the great reviews he’s getting, even from people who haven’t watched Heartstopper. He’s so underrated by the Heartstopper fandom that I always find myself rooting for this kid, especially when I see how much online hate he still gets.

BananaSmith

Chatty Member
I've really enjoyed this. I've sat and watched it with my 2 daughters and they're just so accepting about all the characters and relationships. I do feel slightly sad that there was nothing like this when I was young. My favourite storylines were Darcy and Tara, Issac, Imogen, Tori and Mr Farouk.

ImDavidBrent

I’m a huge fan of heartstopper even though I’m in my 30s I just love the story, I love how it’s acted, I love the way it makes me feel watching it. One of those series I never wanted to end. Can’t wait for series 3 😄.

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member

Me and my husband started dating before he was born 😳😅 the way he cares for Charlie is just so, so lovely, and I think part of the reason why I love the Nick (and the show in general!) so much is because me and my husband were their age when we met and innocently fell in love while supporting each other etc so I can relate to them a lot! Plus I know what it's like to be scared about someone's mental health and to not know how best to support them so there were a lot of tears when I read the comics 😢

• Heart