Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bol85

VIP Member
They’ve got to be right? I’ve been stalking the shit outta them the last couple days 😂 Joe was at Sebastian’s sisters wedding last year as his +1. Who takes a mate they’ve only met a few months ago to a family wedding?! I’m calling it & I’m here for it 😂 Is Ben in the later books? Will be back for season 2?

I’ll go have a look at the free books, thanks for the links!

Mark81

VIP Member
Yeah maybe, although when season 1 aired there was almost as much fuss about Sebastian croft as there was about kit, so I wondered if they just wanted a popular actor to be back for season 2. He isn't a bad actor but I certainly don't see why he was so lauded after season 1.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Season 2 was filmed a while ago so he'll not look like this but I think he'll struggle to visually fit in with the rest of the cast from Season 3 onwards, he's bulked up way too much for someone of that age. He was already a bit older looking anyway, I know plenty of guys 5 years older than him who look younger than he does.

Bol85

VIP Member
Delighted it’s been renewed!

I also couldn’t get into Love Victor.. not sure why. I’m currently watching Young Royals & I’m obsessed. The two leads have fantastic chemistry, they are a joy to watch. Simon is possibly the most beautiful boy I’ve ever seen. Gay dramas really like going for the blonde haired & dark curly haired guys huh.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Oh the flip side there is a whole section of the gay community that aren't camp/openly gay/make it a personalty trait and there is very little representation for that. Modern media heavily prioritises gay people being camp/loud and proud/big characters etc only. Some of the most judgemental comments I've had have actually come from the gay community (you shouldnt like this, read that etc etc). I wish I had someone like Nick on screen when I was younger.

That said, I don't actually think Joe/Charlie is that camp/out there. He is more shy and insecure. His journey is much less than nicks. Charlie just wants a bf, Nicks whole life changes and that is a bigger challenge and also more endearing as a viewer.

Also, for those struggling with sexuality, or attracted to both and not feeling they belong in any label/box (again something modern society seems obsessed with) it was refreshing to see Nicks struggle and not just go 'Oh I'm gay'.
Feel like that's a bit of an over-simplification of Charlie's storyline in season 1, while he struggled with assault, two boys who didn't want to be seen with him as boyfriends in public, clear beginnings of an eating disorder, friendship issues and thoughts of killing himself. But that's what I see a lot, Charlie's problems aren't really seen as such by many viewers, because they can only relate to Nick struggling with his sexuality. Or maybe Charlie's issues are too much and Nick's seem more grounded, especially for young viewers?

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
Right my bad, I have so not seen season 2 😂 I know what I’m doing during my work trips! Haha I know, I wasn’t expecting to be emotional when I watched them as I was like oh they’re just kids!!!
---

omg, I’m not sure it’s because I was in a new baby daze but I can’t remember if I’ve seen it or not. Maybe I’ll just rewatch from the start 😂
I've watched the first season so many times haha and still love it, so another watch and then watching the second season back to back can't hurt!

Last edited:

LaBlonde

VIP Member
How on earth is he supposed to play a school kid looking like that?!

Not gona lie, it kinda looks like his head is super imposed on his body 😂
that school uniform is going to be bursting at the seams 🤣

he and joe locke looked age appropriate and real in season 1 (and season 2 based on filming) but the difference between them is going to be ridiculous from season 3.

Mark81

VIP Member
Interestingly in the video he also explains that he received lots of criticism when he was cast because he wasn't big enough as the graphic novels Nick is a big sporty built guy

Also don't forget he is 6th form, so it's not uncommon for guys into sport and gym to look like that at that age. Pubity helps excellerate gym gains.Also those pics are good lighting and a pump which make a big difference for photos.

Mark81

VIP Member
I am not sure what queer means anymore? I used to think it was sitting on a cock but now seems to be self declaring an identity and having blue hair.
To be honest I hate the term and don't tend to use it anyway. Certainly struggle to relate to a lot of it these days

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Kit did have to pay a price for being the more popular as it led to the speculation and he was clearly very upset at feeling like he'd been forced out.
Oh I know, I think they've both paid a price for the show's popularity and forcing Kit to come out was the ugliest fandom moment I had seen in a long time. I was merely talking about Joe being overlooked in favor of Kit (which always happens, even when talking about how he's overlooked haha).

And yes @unidentified I know exactly what you mean and I agree.

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
Alice Oseman has put a series of stories on Instagram about Olivia Colman not returning in season 3, and about her doing her best to ensure that the big scene that everyone has been looking forward to is still important and emotional. It's a shame but hopefully her absence won't detract from the storyline!

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Interestingly in the video he also explains that he received lots of criticism when he was cast because he wasn't big enough as the graphic novels Nick is a big sporty built guy

Also don't forget he is 6th form, so it's not uncommon for guys into sport and gym to look like that at that age. Pubity helps excellerate gym gains.Also those pics are good lighting and a pump.
none of the rugby boys in my college looked like that (sadly for me 🤣)

nick IS much bigger (and drawn as really a mountain of a guy) in the novels so you’re right. kit looked pretty realistically like a teenage rugby player to me, but i get that he was also smaller than the book version. based on these photos alone, i do think he will really stand out amongst the rest of the cast though. we’ll see!