Heartbreak.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not doing well at all to be honest. I've been feeling really unwell, I think it's just the stress and exhaustion catching up with me. I was really shaky on my way home last night. Dreading work today and dreading the weekend again. Still haven't heard from him, almost two weeks now with nothing. I'm really struggling to come to terms with this.
Stress and exhaustion makes you lose your ability to think straight, that’s for sure. Are you going to contact him again at all? It’s completely ok that you’re not coming to terms with it yet. Don’t feel like you have to anytime soon, you’re human and it’s going to take time. ❤

Reactions: 2
Im 21 days into no contact, was unblocked after a week on watsapp - neither of us have social media. No idea what to think, if I should contact or ride it out longer

Stress and exhaustion makes you lose your ability to think straight, that’s for sure. Are you going to contact him again at all? It’s completely ok that you’re not coming to terms with it yet. Don’t feel like you have to anytime soon, you’re human and it’s going to take time. ❤
It's killing me not contacting him at all but it's what I said I'd do. I don't want to push him further away. I feel so lost and lonely as I'm used to seeing him every morning, getting messages from him throughout the day then him being there when I get home. I still can't get used to sleeping alone. If someone had said these things to me I'd have thought they were pathetic but this is hurting more than I ever could have imagined.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
It's killing me not contacting him at all but it's what I said I'd do. I don't want to push him further away. I feel so lost and lonely as I'm used to seeing him every morning, getting messages from him throughout the day then him being there when I get home. I still can't get used to sleeping alone. If someone had said these things to me I'd have thought they were pathetic but this is hurting more than I ever could have imagined.
I never thought I could be this heartbroken either. I thought I’d be stronger than this but the reality is so different, I’m putting on a good front but I am absolutely dying inside. I don’t feel like I should be giving advice when I can’t even follow it myself! Are you eating? I was going to try and cheer myself up with a takeaway (wishful thinking) but I’ve woken up with a horrible cold 🙄

I never thought I could be this heartbroken either. I thought I’d be stronger than this but the reality is so different, I’m putting on a good front but I am absolutely dying inside. I don’t feel like I should be giving advice when I can’t even follow it myself! Are you eating? I was going to try and cheer myself up with a takeaway (wishful thinking) but I’ve woken up with a horrible cold 🙄
I'm eating more than I was which makes it odd that I'm feeling so weak and shaky so often. I've felt like that for a few days now. I hope your cold passes soon, that's the last thing you need at the moment.

Reactions: 1
I'm eating more than I was which makes it odd that I'm feeling so weak and shaky so often. I've felt like that for a few days now. I hope your cold passes soon, that's the last thing you need at the moment.
Your body is probably just so fatigued from everything you’re dealing with. I haven’t had a good nights sleep in weeks. It’s good that you’re eating more. It’s so easy to just completely forget to take care of yourself :(

Sending lots of healing vibes to you all. I can’t imagine how difficult heartbreak must be in lockdown, it’s hard enough in regular circumstances; youre all doing so well, even if it doesn’t feel like it just yet. 💗

Reactions: 5
Your body is probably just so fatigued from everything you’re dealing with. I haven’t had a good nights sleep in weeks. It’s good that you’re eating more. It’s so easy to just completely forget to take care of yourself :(
I just wish I could do something to help my brain switch off for a while. The stress and anxiety is becoming unbearable but I can't stop thinking about it every second of the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We are apparently going to “talk” at the weekend. I have no idea what he wants to talk about exactly. Or why. Feel like I’m going to court at the weekend or something

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We are apparently going to “talk” at the weekend. I have no idea what he wants to talk about exactly. Or why. Feel like I’m going to court at the weekend or something
Did you do no contact with him? Just asking out of curiousity? I hope you’re meeting goes okay 💕

Did you do no contact with him? Just asking out of curiousity? I hope you’re meeting goes okay 💕
He didn’t speak to me at all for a month, I text him a couple of times and got no reply. Then a week after my last message, he text me. It’s all very weird

Reactions: 3
I was wondering how you were getting on. You must feel really anxious waiting for it. Hopefully you'll at least get a proper explanation (not that anything excused his behaviour).

I was wondering how you were getting on. You must feel really anxious waiting for it. Hopefully you'll at least get a proper explanation (not that anything excused his behaviour).
I’m curious about what he has to say. My mind is coming up with all sorts of scenarios :/ how are you doing?

I’m curious about what he has to say. My mind is coming up with all sorts of scenarios :/ how are you doing?
I bet it is. To be honest I don't really feel any better. I'm eating and sleeping a bit more but I still feel constantly anxious and I'm still getting upset every day. Haven't heard from him and haven't contacted him.

Just be very careful. He may be making sure that you are still pining for him to boost his ego. My ex did that to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just be very careful. He may be making sure that you are still pining for him to boost his ego. My ex did that to me.
I have my guard up (I hope) I just don’t know what the hell he could possibly have to say to me at this point

I bet it is. To be honest I don't really feel any better. I'm eating and sleeping a bit more but I still feel constantly anxious and I'm still getting upset every day. Haven't heard from him and haven't contacted him.
I’m glad you’re eating and sleeping more, that’s a good sign. Sorry you still feel so anxious :( do you feel like you’re waiting to be contacted? I feel like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have my guard up (I hope) I just don’t know what the hell he could possibly have to say to me at this point

I’m glad you’re eating and sleeping more, that’s a good sign. Sorry you still feel so anxious :( do you feel like you’re waiting to be contacted? I feel like that.
In a way I do but also not. I think he's doing his best to try and forget about me and move on when all I'm doing is waiting for him to see sense and come home. I just can't accept that this is it after so long. I think about contacting him all the time but I don't know if it will make things worse.

• Heart
Not kept up with this thread but hope everyone is managing to feel the best they can ❤

When I met up with my ex in September it felt like a waste of time. I didn’t get any closure and it felt like a showing off exercise for my ex. I haven’t spoken to him since December (he text me happy Christmas I just text back the same to be civil). Since then he’s text me, emailed me, sent me a birthday card and I’ve blocked him everywhere. Just be cautious if you do talk to your ex, don’t let them back in after any progress you’ve made.

I saw this post on my Instagram earlier and it helped me:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Same here. @gigi_93 take a look at this post when you've got time, it really put things into perspective for me
Edit: didn't realise the whole thing would embed here haha. The post is so long!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Same here. @gigi_93 take a look at this post when you've got time, it really put things into perspective for me
Edit: didn't realise the whole thing would embed here haha. The post is so long!
Apart from the bit about texts (we were together before they became a thing) etc. that does sound like my ex. Every time I saw her, she would say that she was missing me, didn;t have the same feelings about the new guy like she had about me, would write letters to me saying how much she missed seeing me etc.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.