Heartbreak.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If he hasn't blocked you he may reply in time. Men are certainly very strange, you just don't know what he's going to do.

My sister was coming on Saturday but I ended up asking her not to, I just didn't want to talk about it anymore or cry in front of anyone. I did manage a little bit of sleep last night. I still feel horrendous but I'm sure it's done me some good. Dreading work today.
He might. I have no idea. The text I sent was very diplomatic and not hysterical like I wanted it to be 🙄 I just politely asked to talk to help me find peace. Who knows if he’s even read it.

That’s good you got some sleep. It’s understandable to not want to talk to anyone. I haven’t even told anyone except my mum and best friend (and tattle!) because I can’t bear to say it out loud. I hope you’re not struggling too much at work. ❤

He might. I have no idea. The text I sent was very diplomatic and not hysterical like I wanted it to be 🙄 I just politely asked to talk to help me find peace. Who knows if he’s even read it.

That’s good you got some sleep. It’s understandable to not want to talk to anyone. I haven’t even told anyone except my mum and best friend (and tattle!) because I can’t bear to say it out loud. I hope you’re not struggling too much at work. ❤
I'm the same, don't want everyone knowing as it's too painful to keep going over it all and trying to explain it, especially when I'm still coming to terms with it myself. I still feel sick constantly from the anxiety and I'm on the verge of tears all the time but I'd rather be at work than sat at home wondering if it's him every time I hear a car pull up.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've been reading along and sending ❤ to everyone who's going through it. It's bleeping crap. I know breakups are always "for a reason" but there's no avoiding the hurt they cause.

It's pretty much four years to the day since my major break up. Together for 5.5 years. He was working away for a few months which would involve leaving on a Sunday, home on Thursday. I got very weird vibes the week of the breakup, and something didn't feel right for a few weeks before. He never really used social media but started following a few new people and was using his phone a lot. I brushed it off because you can't start accusing people for using their phone. He came home on a Thursday as normal and was off the whole time and after dinner, he turned around and said he didn't think we should be together anymore.

And honestly, it broke me. I was completely blindsided. Our relationship was good for the most part, it could have probably been improved in places but we were only in our mid-20s and still finding our feet. I spent another 2 months living with him until I sorted out buying my own place and it was hell. The way that someone can seemingly just turn their feelings off, like he did, has stayed with me all this time. Pro tip - if you're gonna break up with someone you live with, at least have an exit plan in place, lol.

A month after I moved out, he got with someone else (yes, it is always the person you're suspicious of). Ultimately I feel a bit sorry for him because he was extremely emotionally stunted and very immature in a lot of ways, and I'm sure his current girlfriend will be aware of that. He didn't really have any friends either. He got into a lot of credit card debt splashing out on lavish holidays and absolutely lives out of his means, which is surprising because he was never like that before. He changed into a different person. I don't speak to him any more, I don't want to and I've blocked him everywhere, but it took a long time to get to a point where I made peace with it all. It does get easier. Of course it does! But I empathise with anyone going through a breakup because it's bloody hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've been reading along and sending ❤ to everyone who's going through it. It's bleeping crap. I know breakups are always "for a reason" but there's no avoiding the hurt they cause.

It's pretty much four years to the day since my major break up. Together for 5.5 years. He was working away for a few months which would involve leaving on a Sunday, home on Thursday. I got very weird vibes the week of the breakup, and something didn't feel right for a few weeks before. He never really used social media but started following a few new people and was using his phone a lot. I brushed it off because you can't start accusing people for using their phone. He came home on a Thursday as normal and was off the whole time and after dinner, he turned around and said he didn't think we should be together anymore.

And honestly, it broke me. I was completely blindsided. Our relationship was good for the most part, it could have probably been improved in places but we were only in our mid-20s and still finding our feet. I spent another 2 months living with him until I sorted out buying my own place and it was hell. The way that someone can seemingly just turn their feelings off, like he did, has stayed with me all this time. Pro tip - if you're gonna break up with someone you live with, at least have an exit plan in place, lol.

A month after I moved out, he got with someone else (yes, it is always the person you're suspicious of). Ultimately I feel a bit sorry for him because he was extremely emotionally stunted and very immature in a lot of ways, and I'm sure his current girlfriend will be aware of that. He didn't really have any friends either. He got into a lot of credit card debt splashing out on lavish holidays and absolutely lives out of his means, which is surprising because he was never like that before. He changed into a different person. I don't speak to him any more, I don't want to and I've blocked him everywhere, but it took a long time to get to a point where I made peace with it all. It does get easier. Of course it does! But I empathise with anyone going through a breakup because it's bloody hard.
Thank you for sharing your story. That must have been awful to have to stay living together in that situation.

I know everyone says it gets easier but at the moment I genuinely feel like my life is over. He's my family and my best friend. I feel so alone and like my future has been taken from me. This probably sounds so pathetic but I really can't see it any other way.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you for sharing your story. That must have been awful to have to stay living together in that situation.

I know everyone says it gets easier but at the moment I genuinely feel like my life is over. He's my family and my best friend. I feel so alone and like my future has been taken from me. This probably sounds so pathetic but I really can't see it any other way.
It doesn’t sound pathetic, honestly it doesn’t. We’ve all been there once or twice x

It's not pathetic at all. I really wanted to be strong and you know, listen to angry breakup songs and eat ice cream but the reality is so different. It's not just the breakup, it's what comes with it - uprooting your life, money worries, your future, everything. I'd spent so much time with one person I didn't really know what my interests were, which sounds silly but I didn't have any hobbies of my own to throw myself into.

For me the hardest thing was seeing the person I love seemingly change overnight. A breakup is hard but it's even worse when it's out of the blue. There were no blazing rows, it just happened. I was so hurt because he didn't want to try. He was happy to let the 5+ years go. I always wondered if I should have done more, or maybe I could have made more effort, etc, but there was nothing I could do.

I know it's easy to say but time is a healer and you will look back in a years time and see how far you've come. In the early days, it's about trying to get through the day. It's especially hard just now given lockdown. We're always here if you need to get it something off your chest ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's not pathetic at all. I really wanted to be strong and you know, listen to angry breakup songs and eat ice cream but the reality is so different. It's not just the breakup, it's what comes with it - uprooting your life, money worries, your future, everything. I'd spent so much time with one person I didn't really know what my interests were, which sounds silly but I didn't have any hobbies of my own to throw myself into.

For me the hardest thing was seeing the person I love seemingly change overnight. A breakup is hard but it's even worse when it's out of the blue. There were no blazing rows, it just happened. I was so hurt because he didn't want to try. He was happy to let the 5+ years go. I always wondered if I should have done more, or maybe I could have made more effort, etc, but there was nothing I could do.

I know it's easy to say but time is a healer and you will look back in a years time and see how far you've come. In the early days, it's about trying to get through the day. It's especially hard just now given lockdown. We're always here if you need to get it something off your chest ❤
Thank you. It really does mean a lot that I can come on here and talk to people who understand what I'm going through in some way.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I relate so so much to the out of the blue thing. It made me feel like I’d been hit by a train. No arguments or fights or tension whatsoever leading up to it, so I did not expect it even a little bit. In fact all I’d had from him were reassurances that the forced separation wouldn’t break us. And I trusted him.

I seem to be feeling worse as the days go by because I miss him more every day, not less. I’m wondering if and when that will change. I put on an extremely brave face in my everyday life but it’s all fake.

Sending all my love to everyone who has posted, as always. Feel free to check in ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I relate so so much to the out of the blue thing. It made me feel like I’d been hit by a train. No arguments or fights or tension whatsoever leading up to it, so I did not expect it even a little bit. In fact all I’d had from him were reassurances that the forced separation wouldn’t break us. And I trusted him.

I seem to be feeling worse as the days go by because I miss him more every day, not less. I’m wondering if and when that will change. I put on an extremely brave face in my everyday life but it’s all fake.

Sending all my love to everyone who has posted, as always. Feel free to check in ❤
I'm the same, yesterday was another really bad day for me, one of the worst. I got so upset in work which I still find really embarrassing. I feel no better at all. I stayed in bed until almost 1pm today, don't think I've ever done that in my life! I'm watching TV with the curtains closed, I can't face going outside. I've turned the notifications off my phone because I don't want to talk about it anymore with anyone or force a conversation about anything else.

I hate the thought that he's trying to move on. I don't understand how he can be OK with not contacting me, it's been a week with no messages or anything and this is the longest we've ever gone with no contact. I'm worried sick about the house. I'm worried about everything. I can't start my life again after 13 years.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I'm the same, yesterday was another really bad day for me, one of the worst. I got so upset in work which I still find really embarrassing. I feel no better at all. I stayed in bed until almost 1pm today, don't think I've ever done that in my life! I'm watching TV with the curtains closed, I can't face going outside. I've turned the notifications off my phone because I don't want to talk about it anymore with anyone or force a conversation about anything else.

I hate the thought that he's trying to move on. I don't understand how he can be OK with not contacting me, it's been a week with no messages or anything and this is the longest we've ever gone with no contact. I'm worried sick about the house. I'm worried about everything. I can't start my life again after 13 years.
It must be so awful to have to worry about the house too 😞 have you any idea what’s going to happen with that? Have you talked to any friends about what’s happening? The only thing that’s got me this far is my best friend helping me out

Also, my ex (I hate calling him that) text me today. I am thoroughly shocked and unprepared to even respond to it

Reactions: 3
It must be so awful to have to worry about the house too 😞 have you any idea what’s going to happen with that? Have you talked to any friends about what’s happening? The only thing that’s got me this far is my best friend helping me out

Also, my ex (I hate calling him that) text me today. I am thoroughly shocked and unprepared to even respond to it
I feel like it's too soon to be thinking about the house. For me it's not over. I know that sounds like I'm really in denial but he's not himself. It's only been a few weeks, I don't want to be sorting finances out at this stage. But I can't help but worry about it anyway. I've been speaking to my sister about it mainly. She's doing what she can but nothing really helps at the moment.

I had a feeling you'd get a response after you said you'd contacted him. What happened? If you don't mind saying.

Reactions: 1
I feel like it's too soon to be thinking about the house. For me it's not over. I know that sounds like I'm really in denial but he's not himself. It's only been a few weeks, I don't want to be sorting finances out at this stage. But I can't help but worry about it anyway. I've been speaking to my sister about it mainly. She's doing what she can but nothing really helps at the moment.

I had a feeling you'd get a response after you said you'd contacted him. What happened? If you don't mind saying.
There’s nothing wrong with waiting a while to see if anything changes. It doesn’t necessarily mean you’re in denial. Especially if he’s acting weird.

It’s been a week since I contacted him and 4 weeks since I last heard from him. He said he doesn’t want me to think any of this is my fault and that he’s been busy with work and it’s not going well. He ended the text by saying maybe we can talk sometime and sending a random in-joke meme. I’m confused to say the least

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There’s nothing wrong with waiting a while to see if anything changes. It doesn’t necessarily mean you’re in denial. Especially if he’s acting weird.

It’s been a week since I contacted him and 4 weeks since I last heard from him. He said he doesn’t want me to think any of this is my fault and that he’s been busy with work and it’s not going well. He ended the text by saying maybe we can talk sometime and sending a random in-joke meme. I’m confused to say the least
He's honestly like a different person. I definitely think he had some sort of breakdown before he left.

Wow, that's not what I expected you to say at all. I bet you don't know how to feel after that. He has some serious explaining to do. I don't care what's happening with work, what he's done to you is never acceptable. Any idea how you're going to respond? This must have really thrown you, hope you're OK x

He's honestly like a different person. I definitely think he had some sort of breakdown before he left.

Wow, that's not what I expected you to say at all. I bet you don't know how to feel after that. He has some serious explaining to do. I don't care what's happening with work, what he's done to you is never acceptable. Any idea how you're going to respond? This must have really thrown you, hope you're OK x
That’s kind of how I felt with him too. Like he changed overnight. I just responded by asking what he would like to talk about and acknowledged the meme :/ really didn’t know what else to say at this point

Im in no contact- done 2 weeks and feel like giving up
It’s hard isn’t it. Do you mean feel like giving up as in you want to contact them?

That’s kind of how I felt with him too. Like he changed overnight. I just responded by asking what he would like to talk about and acknowledged the meme :/ really didn’t know what else to say at this point

It’s hard isn’t it. Do you mean feel like giving up as in you want to contact them?
Yess feel like ringing but dont actually have anything to say,i cant stalk him as we both have no social media and he is never on whatsapp either.. soo frustrating.. anyone tried this no contact? I was blocked for the first week.. since been unocked for a week but nothing

Yess feel like ringing but dont actually have anything to say,i cant stalk him as we both have no social media and he is never on whatsapp either.. soo frustrating.. anyone tried this no contact? I was blocked for the first week.. since been unocked for a week but nothing
I said I'd give him space, we've been in contact little bits where necessary and he's been to collect some things but it's a week with no contact at all now. It's killing me.

• Heart
I said I'd give him space, we've been in contact little bits where necessary and he's been to collect some things but it's a week with no contact at all now. It's killing me.
Do u stalk him at all? I assume he dumped you? Been watching videos on youtube about how the dumper feels the sadness later on

Do u stalk him at all? I assume he dumped you? Been watching videos on youtube about how the dumper feels the sadness later on
He moved out of our home a few weeks ago. We don't use social media either but I know where he's staying so I don't feel the need to try and track him online but it's hard not to contact him as we're usually in touch all the time during the day.

• Heart
No contact is hard but sometimes it’s the only way. I don’t look at his social media because I don’t want to see him moving on without me. I’ve kind of impressed myself by how I haven’t looked even once...someone give me a medal

He replied and said maybe we can talk tomorrow. I just said ok. That should be an interesting conversation

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.