Health Anxiety #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m no expert but could you have been due on or have just come off your period when you went? (assuming you’re female here sorry!) just trying to think of things that may have contributed. Sometimes after sex some people get the tiniest bit of blood or due to stress like a withdrawal bleed?
Thank you. My period finished 5 days before I did the test so not sure it could be from that?

Thanks everyone for trying to help. Trying not to let it ruin my weekend!

Thank you. My period finished 5 days before I did the test so not sure it could be from that?

Try not to worry and remember you're not a Dr and neither is Google so if the Dr hasn't been in touch since they got the results there was nothing to concern them when they received them.

Reactions: 3

Possibly 😊 when I would have periods or withdrawal bleeds (I don’t cos of the pill) I would always still have some pinky type urine after. as Snuz said - if they were concerned they’d follow up! try not to worry too much xxx

Reactions: 2
Possibly 😊 when I would have periods or withdrawal bleeds (I don’t cos of the pill) I would always still have some pinky type urine after. as Snuz said - if they were concerned they’d follow up! try not to worry too much xxx
Thanks. It was just a routine test and I can't actually see the blood at all!. How long after would you see blood? Il give the docs a call on Monday.

Thanks everyone! Health anxiety is crap!

Thanks. It was just a routine test and I can't actually see the blood at all!. How long after would you see blood? Il give the docs a call on Monday.

Thanks everyone! Health anxiety is crap!
Any news from the doctors?

Any news from the doctors?
Thanks for asking!

She said it was the lowest amount of blood and they are not concerned but if I want to do another sample. Dropped it in today and got a call where they explained they have only tested it with a dipstick and not actually sent to the lab!

She said that it's likely to be "dipstick error" and they get this all the time ...especially with blood showing up on the test!. Helped to reassure me some.

She is now sending to the lab for them to look with a microscope for blood and look at culture.

But now I'm having some back and low stomach pain but it's hard to tell if I'm actually having pains or if they are phantom health anxiety pains 😂

Trying to stay positive and hoping it comes back from the lab with no blood so then we are all good. If it does come back with blood then they said "if I want to pursue further then we can do that".

• Heart
Thanks for asking!

She said it was the lowest amount of blood and they are not concerned but if I want to do another sample. Dropped it in today and got a call where they explained they have only tested it with a dipstick and not actually sent to the lab!

She said that it's likely to be "dipstick error" and they get this all the time ...especially with blood showing up on the test!. Helped to reassure me some.

She is now sending to the lab for them to look with a microscope for blood and look at culture.

But now I'm having some back and low stomach pain but it's hard to tell if I'm actually having pains or if they are phantom health anxiety pains 😂

Trying to stay positive and hoping it comes back from the lab with no blood so then we are all good. If it does come back with blood then they said "if I want to pursue further then we can do that".
At least they are looking into it 🙂
My friend kept having blood in her samples but after lots of investigations it turned out to be ok.

Reactions: 1
At least they are looking into it 🙂
My friend kept having blood in her samples but after lots of investigations it turned out to be ok.
Exactly. Can't believe how unreliable the dipsticks are. Hopefully it all comes back clear and I can stop worrying. She did say 40% of people do get blood in the urine with no found cause. I just don't really want to have to go through all the testing as the waiting for results will play up my health anxiety massively.

Ughhh…

So my anxiety is really bad because I’m looking forward to something this weekend so I’ve been body checking and my anxiety has gone to my genital area again…since late 2019 I’ve had on off pain marked in blue on the attached picture, it started when I was having my bowel cancer fears and checking for piles and fissures, so I was bent awkwardly over a mirror. Over time I noticed a pattern of it hurting when I was hungry, after I’d been squatting over a mirror, and sometimes just before my period then it would go when I started. Recently it’s been after sitting in the office chairs for two days. Obvs with everything I’m going through right now my mind starts saying what if? Pelvic pain is a sign of ovarian cancer 😪 So I hadn’t worried about my vag for a while, then last week my period came a few days later than it has been, so I was worried about that, then it finished Sunday, with some minor spotting Monday, and nothing yesterday. I’ve got it into my head that I’ve got lumps in my vag high up, I can feel ridges etc, so last night I was checking loads by putting a finger up there, and today I have brown/reddy discharge 😪 I’m always terrified I’m spotting between periods so I only wear white pants so I can constantly be checking, I don’t normally spot for this long after a period (although saying that a few cycles ago I had a tiny bit of spotting like 2 days after the end), and now I’m off the implant I can’t even blame spotting on that so it must be cancer 😪 tempted to bring my smear forward from next jan to now. Also I started my periods at 10 which is quite young which raises your risk for gynae cancers

Sometimes I think of the 2 false positive pregnancy tests I had years ago, because it can be a sign of cancer 😪 maybe I’ve just ignored the signs for too long now it’s too late 😪💔

Attachments

Just checked again and there was some bright blood 😪 maybe I scratched myself when checking but now I’m worried 😪

Just checked again and there was some bright blood 😪 maybe I scratched myself when checking but now I’m worried 😪
Can you go to see your GP to discuss your anxiety around this? You are making yourself panic over everything. Stop shoving your fingers everywhere, stop poking your body searching for lumps that don’t exists. You need to get some help with your anxiety - that’s the main medical problem you’ve got and the one you need help for.

Can you go to see your GP to discuss your anxiety around this? You are making yourself panic over everything. Stop shoving your fingers everywhere, stop poking your body searching for lumps that don’t exists. You need to get some help with your anxiety - that’s the main medical problem you’ve got and the one you need help for.
I think it’s just sinking in now about my diagnosis and stuff, I always get like this when I’m looking forward to something and I’m really looking forward to this BH ☹I need to go back and see my counsellor really

I think it’s just sinking in now about my diagnosis and stuff, I always get like this when I’m looking forward to something and I’m really looking forward to this BH ☹I need to go back and see my counsellor really
You need to go as a priority and are you on any medication to help with this?

Ughhh…

So my anxiety is really bad because I’m looking forward to something this weekend so I’ve been body checking and my anxiety has gone to my genital area again…since late 2019 I’ve had on off pain marked in blue on the attached picture, it started when I was having my bowel cancer fears and checking for piles and fissures, so I was bent awkwardly over a mirror. Over time I noticed a pattern of it hurting when I was hungry, after I’d been squatting over a mirror, and sometimes just before my period then it would go when I started. Recently it’s been after sitting in the office chairs for two days. Obvs with everything I’m going through right now my mind starts saying what if? Pelvic pain is a sign of ovarian cancer 😪 So I hadn’t worried about my vag for a while, then last week my period came a few days later than it has been, so I was worried about that, then it finished Sunday, with some minor spotting Monday, and nothing yesterday. I’ve got it into my head that I’ve got lumps in my vag high up, I can feel ridges etc, so last night I was checking loads by putting a finger up there, and today I have brown/reddy discharge 😪 I’m always terrified I’m spotting between periods so I only wear white pants so I can constantly be checking, I don’t normally spot for this long after a period (although saying that a few cycles ago I had a tiny bit of spotting like 2 days after the end), and now I’m off the implant I can’t even blame spotting on that so it must be cancer 😪 tempted to bring my smear forward from next jan to now. Also I started my periods at 10 which is quite young which raises your risk for gynae cancers

Sometimes I think of the 2 false positive pregnancy tests I had years ago, because it can be a sign of cancer 😪 maybe I’ve just ignored the signs for too long now it’s too late 😪💔
That area in blue is near your ovaries - I think it's quite normal for them to ache before/during a period, I get it sometimes. It does sound like you're hyper aware of it though, checking for spotting etc.. Maybe a counsellor and/or medication could help you with some coping mechanisms.

That area in blue is near your ovaries - I think it's quite normal for them to ache before/during a period, I get it sometimes. It does sound like you're hyper aware of it though, checking for spotting etc.. Maybe a counsellor and/or medication could help you with some coping mechanisms.
Hmm I don’t think it is my ovaries, I don’t think it’s far enough over considering what the pain I get round ovulation on the other side feels like ☹ I just don’t know why it started when it had a cause eg squatting and tensing my pelvic floor but its continued even when I stopped checking down there so much. Ironically since I’ve been distracted by my thyroid issues I haven’t felt it much 🙄 and when it does happen it doesnt seem to be as bad as it used to be…if it was something bad, bare in mind I’ve had it since late 2019/early 2020, do you think it would have either got worse or something would have come up in a blood test by now?

You need to go as a priority and are you on any medication to help with this?
im on citalopram

Hi all, been ages since I've posted an anxiety forum.

I'm due my smear test and I'm panicking when I let myself spiral. Back in 2019 I had am abnormal smear, high grade cells removed. My one prior to that was normal.

I had a check up sear 6 months later and was clear of HPV and no cell changes so I was then moved to 3 yearly check ups, July 2022. I'm in a state of 'what if cells have returned and turned to cancer'. I'm in a lot better place with managing my anxieties but when it's a real literal thing I've experienced it's harder. I feel sick thinking about the smear and I've not even been called up for it yet.

Hmm I don’t think it is my ovaries, I don’t think it’s far enough over considering what the pain I get round ovulation on the other side feels like ☹ I just don’t know why it started when it had a cause eg squatting and tensing my pelvic floor but its continued even when I stopped checking down there so much. Ironically since I’ve been distracted by my thyroid issues I haven’t felt it much 🙄 and when it does happen it doesnt seem to be as bad as it used to be…if it was something bad, bare in mind I’ve had it since late 2019/early 2020, do you think it would have either got worse or something would have come up in a blood test by now?

im on citalopram

It's ovarian pain lovely, i get this too or gas pain! Please stop poking yourself, I've literally injured myself so many times poking and prodding and using mirror to look at holes and orifices lol. I always joke if my house is haunted the poor gjosts have seen more of me than anyone else

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Hi all, been ages since I've posted an anxiety forum.

I'm due my smear test and I'm panicking when I let myself spiral. Back in 2019 I had am abnormal smear, high grade cells removed. My one prior to that was normal.

I had a check up sear 6 months later and was clear of HPV and no cell changes so I was then moved to 3 yearly check ups, July 2022. I'm in a state of 'what if cells have returned and turned to cancer'. I'm in a lot better place with managing my anxieties but when it's a real literal thing I've experienced it's harder. I feel sick thinking about the smear and I've not even been called up for it yet.
Sorry you are feeling this way. Remember that cervical cancer develops very slowly. It takes ages for it to develop I'm talking years..even decades.. by going for your smear every 3 years they are checking for the abnormal cells (well HPV now) that may in a decades time turn into cancerous cells but probably won't and will go back to normal like yours did. Cervical cancer is near on preventable these days as pre cancerous cells are removed before they are cancer. The only way to up this risk is by not going for your smear.

I’m having a bit of a spiral today because I’m having pain like above my right boob and shoulder when I breath since about half 2 this afternoon and I can’t tell if it’s me being overly paranoid about my breast or if I’ve pulled something. I’ve got some ibuprofen gel on the area hopefully to help but I can’t find any pain right now to try and see if that helps…. My brother who I would normally ask has gone down south for a few days to have his final medical exam and my mum is away for 2 weeks so I feel a bit stressed out here 😩

I’m having a bit of a spiral today because I’m having pain like above my right boob and shoulder when I breath since about half 2 this afternoon and I can’t tell if it’s me being overly paranoid about my breast or if I’ve pulled something. I’ve got some ibuprofen gel on the area hopefully to help but I can’t find any pain right now to try and see if that helps…. My brother who I would normally ask has gone down south for a few days to have his final medical exam and my mum is away for 2 weeks so I feel a bit stressed out here 😩
Are you due on/ovulating? I get boob pain here at certain times of the month.

Sorry you are feeling this way. Remember that cervical cancer develops very slowly. It takes ages for it to develop I'm talking years..even decades.. by going for your smear every 3 years they are checking for the abnormal cells (well HPV now) that may in a decades time turn into cancerous cells but probably won't and will go back to normal like yours did. Cervical cancer is near on preventable these days as pre cancerous cells are removed before they are cancer. The only way to up this risk is by not going for your smear.
Thank you for your reply. I know, I remember the fear I felt waiting my check up results. I keep thinking of plans I have in summer, my birthday, holiday, sons birthday and I'm excited but for a split second I remember smear is due soon and what if I'm diagnosed with CC before then and these are last time I'll do these things. My one that was abnormal was 5 months late as was pregnant at the time.

Thabk

Mole removal…. Has anyone had it done? I’ve got a mole on my chest that I hate and I’m concerned about. I went to have it checked today and the doctor referred me to a dermatologist. 2 week referral (he said that was normal as they tend to fast track this) and even if it’s nothing sinister, I want it gone as I don’t want the worry.

Any experience or tips really appreciated ♥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.