Health Anxiety #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
would it not be better for them to take the thyroid out completely? My cousin had hers removed due to an auto immune disease she has.
From a not getting cancer in my thyroid again POV yes, but it comes with its own challenges, medication for life, side effects etc

Reactions: 2
From a not getting cancer in my thyroid again POV yes, but it comes with its own challenges, medication for life, side effects etc
Yes my cousin takes medication but she didn’t regret having it done.

It’s a tough decision deciding on the best option. Hope you’ll be ok.

Reactions: 1
How did you get on? X
Well it was meant to be a telephone call to discuss the picture I sent, but they just left a voicemail saying its better to check in person so I should come in 2 weeks from now :rolleyes: Hope you're doing okay!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Well it was meant to be a telephone call to discuss the picture I sent, but they just left a voicemail saying its better to check in person so I should come in 2 weeks from now :rolleyes: Hope you're doing okay!
So annoying, I honestly don't know why doctors even bother with the "send a pic" as you always end up going in anyway, it just draws it out needlessly

So annoying, I honestly don't know why doctors even bother with the "send a pic" as you always end up going in anyway, it just draws it out needlessly
Yes exactly, even if she had said it looks okay from the pic, I personally wouldn't have been satisfied with that

My mum (70s) and I both suffer from health anxiety. She's not at all well at the moment, with feeling really sick and light-headed. She doesn't have pain, or headaches, or weight loss, so logically I don't think it should be cancer but I am still terrified. She's had blood tests and gets the results tomorrow. Just really struggling.

Does anyone else get shaky and jittery when hungry? And you have to eat something immediately? My dad gets it too and he’s not diabetic but google says low blood sugar is rare in people who don’t have diabetes ☹ It doesn’t happen every day but it happened yesterday and today

My mum (70s) and I both suffer from health anxiety. She's not at all well at the moment, with feeling really sick and light-headed. She doesn't have pain, or headaches, or weight loss, so logically I don't think it should be cancer but I am still terrified. She's had blood tests and gets the results tomorrow. Just really struggling.
Did they check her blood pressure? My friend in her 70's has recently been feeling sick and dizzy and it was high blood pressure.

Does anyone else get shaky and jittery when hungry? And you have to eat something immediately? My dad gets it too and he’s not diabetic but google says low blood sugar is rare in people who don’t have diabetes ☹ It doesn’t happen every day but it happened yesterday and today
My friend used to get like this but over the years it disappeared but I remember her shaking and needing to eat. She doesn't have diabetes or anything. I would have said low blood pressure or is he dehydrated?

Did they check her blood pressure? My friend in her 70's has recently been feeling sick and dizzy and it was high blood pressure.

My friend used to get like this but over the years it disappeared but I remember her shaking and needing to eat. She doesn't have diabetes or anything. I would have said low blood pressure or is he dehydrated?
It’s me who had it yesterday and today, and no not dehydrated, if anything maybe too much water

It’s me who had it yesterday and today, and no not dehydrated, if anything maybe too much water
Oh sorry! I read it as if it was your Dad.

Is it to do with your anti depressant medication?

I would eat little and often and not allow yourself to go too long between eating.

Oh sorry! I read it as if it was your Dad.

Is it to do with your anti depressant medication?

I would eat little and often and not allow yourself to go too long between eating.
Hmm no don’t think so! It’s not a new symptom, I’m just feeling extra worried about everything atm

Yes I get a bit like this and I also get like this weird like dull/hollow ache in my chest when I’m hungry too! Once I eat I’m fine

Can anyone help with this?

A couple of weeks ago I was feeling quite down and tired and my doc did a blood test. Very low b12. Completely understandable. Now feeling better after some strong tablets. Everything else came back fine.

Ordered a urine test due to family history of kidney issues... Just came back all clear except there is blood in my urine 😔. 25 was the result. So not loads of blood but not trace amounts either. I can't see it. I have no other issues.

I remember a few years ago having blood in urine due to a UTI.

I'm now obviously convinced I have bladder cancer as I can't see why else I would have it. My results have been back 2 days now and no call from the doctor.

A couple of weeks ago I was feeling quite down and tired and my doc did a blood test. Very low b12. Completely understandable. Now feeling better after some strong tablets. Everything else came back fine.

Ordered a urine test due to family history of kidney issues... Just came back all clear except there is blood in my urine 😔. 25 was the result. So not loads of blood but not trace amounts either. I can't see it. I have no other issues.

I'm now obviously convinced I have bladder cancer as I can't see why else I would have it. My results have been back 2 days now and no call from the doctor.
Why do you think there is blood in your sample? Have you looked up your results? It sounds like you're misinterpreting glucose level for blood as .25 glucose level is normal?

To reassure you about bladder cancer. My father in law has/had it and he was peeing blood, the toilet bowl was red.

Why do you think there is blood in your sample? Have you looked up your results? It sounds like you're misinterpreting glucose level for blood as .25 glucose level is normal?

To reassure you about bladder cancer. My father in law has/had it and he was peeing blood, the toilet bowl was red.
I have access to my medical record so I can see when results are back. My urine glucose was negative but it says "urine blood test = +"

Thanks for replying about your father in law xx

I’m no expert but could you have been due on or have just come off your period when you went? (assuming you’re female here sorry!) just trying to think of things that may have contributed. Sometimes after sex some people get the tiniest bit of blood or due to stress like a withdrawal bleed?

I’m no expert but could you have been due on or have just come off your period when you went? (assuming you’re female here sorry!) just trying to think of things that may have contributed. Sometimes after sex some people get the tiniest bit of blood or due to stress like a withdrawal bleed?
Yes that happened once with my daughter as she had just finished her period.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.