Health Anxiety #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A safe space for us to share our worries, anxieties, but also success stories about beating health anxiety!

come on in ❤❤

I’ll start… (oh no she’s off again I hear you say 🤣)

ever since my allergic reaction in November I’ve been worried about eating stuff that I’ve always eaten, but that says things like ‘may contain nuts’ ☹ last night I had some terrys chocolate orange mini eggs that said ‘may contain nuts or peanuts’ and all night I was having a panic attack and making myself think I had symptoms and reliving when I went to A&E last year 😪 had such a bad stomach ache all night.
another example is Boursin cheese…I’ve eaten loads of it, but the box says ‘may contain tree nuts’ so now I’m too scared to eat it 😪

• Sad
Reactions: 3
A safe space for us to share our worries, anxieties, but also success stories about beating health anxiety!

come on in ❤❤

I’ll start… (oh no she’s off again I hear you say 🤣)

ever since my allergic reaction in November I’ve been worried about eating stuff that I’ve always eaten, but that says things like ‘may contain nuts’ ☹ last night I had some terrys chocolate orange mini eggs that said ‘may contain nuts or peanuts’ and all night I was having a panic attack and making myself think I had symptoms and reliving when I went to A&E last year 😪 had such a bad stomach ache all night.
another example is Boursin cheese…I’ve eaten loads of it, but the box says ‘may contain tree nuts’ so now I’m too scared to eat it 😪
I get like this as it seems as I’ve got older I don’t tolerate as many foods and sometimes I feel my throat is closing up, so I worry I’m having an allergic reaction and so I stick to the same few meals and daren’t try new stuff as I worry I’ll be allergic to it 🤦‍♀️

I used to dye my hair no problem but one time I felt my face was swelling (it wasn’t!) so I panicked and stopped dyeing it as I’m scared of an allergic reaction even after doing the patch test as the instructions say you could still get a reaction even after a negative patch test 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
Is it normal for the surgeon to want to see you for results after an op? When I had my bowel polyp removed I got a letter saying it’s benign, so now I’m worried I should be reading into the fact they want to see me in person as a bad sign 😪 do you think he also wants to check my scar is healing alright? I am having some symptoms I’d like to talk to him about anyway

Reactions: 2
Is it normal for the surgeon to want to see you for results after an op? When I had my bowel polyp removed I got a letter saying it’s benign, so now I’m worried I should be reading into the fact they want to see me in person as a bad sign 😪 do you think he also wants to check my scar is healing alright? I am having some symptoms I’d like to talk to him about anyway
Its understandable you are anxious, I know I would be too. But I do think its likely that they want to check on your incision etc as well and a general check in - which sounds like a good idea anyway if there are things you would like to discuss!

I really didn’t want to be writing this but unfortunately it’s minimally invasive follicular thyroid cancer ☹ I don’t think the Drs immediately worried, but he’s going to have his MDT and then let me know what they recommend treatment wise. He said it is also up to me about having the other half of my thyroid removed. Don’t know how to feel.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I really didn’t want to be writing this but unfortunately it’s minimally invasive follicular thyroid cancer ☹ I don’t think the Drs immediately worried, but he’s going to have his MDT and then let me know what they recommend treatment wise. He said it is also up to me about having the other half of my thyroid removed. Don’t know how to feel.
As I've mentioned before, I have a few friends who have had thyroid cancer. One had all her thyroid removed the other had part of it removed. They're both fine now and it's a very treatable cancer. I also have a friend who had her thyroid removed due to an autoimmune disease she has and she's also fine. It's hard when they leave it upto you to decide on an issue but I'm sure they will offer you lots of advice if you decide to have the other half removed.

Also good that it's 'minimally invasive'.

Reactions: 8
I’m so sorry 😢 I know how utterly devastated and scared you must be feeling given everything that we’ve spoken about previously. I can only promise you that this is treatable. It’s minimal and it’s been found. You can get through this. You WILL get through this. You’re in the best hands. And we’re all here for you 🤍

Reactions: 5
Oh I am so sorry to hear this. As others have said, this is a treatable cancer and minimally invasive, that sounds positive to me. You have been strong so far, going through the surgery and waiting for the results and getting the news. Even with your anxiety you've managed to cope - you will get through this as well.

Reactions: 6
I'm so sorry to hear this lovely, I echo what everyone else says though about it being minimal and treatable. Sounds impossible and stupid but try and stay calm. Thinking of you x

Reactions: 1
So, now you know what it is and that’s a good thing. You can now look forward with clarity. Wait to see what comes out of the MDT meeting and see what options they present; discuss the benefits and negative aspects of the thyroid removal to weigh up if that’s something you wish to do.

try To look at the positives here; yes, it’s scary and it’s perfectly ok to feel worried BUT this has been caught early, there are treatment options available and as you’ve been hearing - lots of folk go through this and come out the other side and that it, all done and life returns to normal.

keep us updated with things, but, no googling!

Reactions: 4
Thanks for your kind words everyone! ❤ Hated having to tell people but wanted to just get it out the way ☹ the nurse went to get my mum so she also heard what the Dr said

Thanks for your kind words everyone! ❤ Hated having to tell people but wanted to just get it out the way ☹ the nurse went to get my mum so she also heard what the Dr said
What did the surgeon say to you? Did he reassure you how treatable it was and that it was caught early?

Do you mean you hated telling people on here about it because of their anxiety? I’m sure you’ll be a help to others that you are getting through it and coping well 🥰

What did the surgeon say to you? Did he reassure you how treatable it was and that it was caught early?

Do you mean you hated telling people on here about it because of their anxiety? I’m sure you’ll be a help to others that you are getting through it and coping well 🥰
He said ‘it’s not the end of the world’ make of that what you will 😅 and we were talking about pros and cons of having the other half removed as apparently it’ll partly be my choice and he was talking in terms of 10/20 years for potential complications etc, so I don’t think he thinks I’m going to die any time soon?

partly, I feel like I’ve let people down 😪 i absolutely don’t want to make anyone else anxious on here! But also I think my dads pretty upset which in turn makes me upset 😪

He said ‘it’s not the end of the world’ make of that what you will 😅 and we were talking about pros and cons of having the other half removed as apparently it’ll partly be my choice and he was talking in terms of 10/20 years for potential complications etc, so I don’t think he thinks I’m going to die any time soon?

partly, I feel like I’ve let people down 😪 i absolutely don’t want to make anyone else anxious on here! But also I think my dads pretty upset which in turn makes me upset 😪
I don’t want to belittle how you’re feeling or your cancer but the type you have is extremely treatable and you don’t need chemo or anything which is why the surgeon probably said ‘it’s not the end of the world’?

I have health anxiety but you haven’t upset me or made me anxious as I know it’s not one of the bad cancers eg. Ones you can die from. Reassure your dad that it’s not life threatening and tell your anxiety the same.

My friend decided not to have the rest of hers removed. She takes some medication and is doing well.

Reactions: 4

You haven’t let anyone down. This isn’t your fault - it’s nothing that you’ve done. It’s just one of those things. Of course your Dad is upset - he’s your Dad, he’s worried about you. But that’s perfectly normal. He will be ok - as will you. Honestly. You will see the Doctor again after the MDT, come up with a plan, and in a few months this will all be over and you can chalk it up to experience and all move on. It’s very treatable, you are in good hands so just try now to focus on the good stuff and be proud of yourself for getting this sorted. You are going to be fine 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey @ChampagneBox I’m abroad at the moment but I was thinking about you today and I’m really sorry to come on and hear your news tonight. You’re allowed to feel however you want to feel and you haven’t let anyone down either. Thankfully it’s treatable and at least you have answers now. You should be proud of yourself for pushing for answers and going through all of this, you’ve faced a fear by going and you are going to smash whatever comes your way.

Please don’t do any googling. Trust in your Doctors and what they’re saying - they are your google.

Sending you all the love and strength, you’ve more than got this 💙 We are all always here xxx

Sending you love 💕

Reactions: 1
Felt okay the last few days but i think it’s sinking in now and I’m so tired today 😴 doesn’t help I’ve also got my period

Can’t help thinking things like the on off shoulder pain I’ve had for 3/4 years is connected 😢 although Sod’s law it doesn’t hurt atm 🙄

Felt okay the last few days but i think it’s sinking in now and I’m so tired today 😴 doesn’t help I’ve also got my period

Can’t help thinking things like the on off shoulder pain I’ve had for 3/4 years is connected 😢 although Sod’s law it doesn’t hurt atm 🙄
I find that's the thing with health anxiety. You have one thing you focus on and then when you get the all clear from that you just find something else to focus on so it's maybe you used to panic about your shoulder but now your whole focus is on the thyroid your brain doesn't have time to focus on anything else!

I've always had shoulder pain, I think it's from always been tense but then I did end up with frozen shoulder.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.