Health Anxiety #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a lighter note my boyfriend says I’m snoring loads more since my op 🙄😒 revenge for all the snoring I put up with lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I wish tattle still had the ignore thread option and I wish it was better so that you don’t even see ‘ignored thread’ come up

I wish tattle still had the ignore thread option and I wish it was better so that you don’t even see ‘ignored thread’ come up
What’s wrong? ☹

I know what you mean though so I just like or comment on others so it pushes the one I don’t like further down the list, so then I don’t see it!

Reactions: 1
What’s wrong? ☹

I know what you mean though so I just like or comment on others so it pushes the one I don’t like further down the list, so then I don’t see it!
There’s a particular thread under health Instagrammers which is quite busy atm so it keeps popping up, and I can’t help but go on it 😪

• Sad
There’s a particular thread under health Instagrammers which is quite busy atm so it keeps popping up, and I can’t help but go on it 😪
I guess I’m just starting to think well if I’ve actually got something I didn’t actually think I’d have, what’s to say I haven’t got cancer somewhere/everywhere else?

I guess I’m just starting to think well if I’ve actually got something I didn’t actually think I’d have, what’s to say I haven’t got cancer somewhere/everywhere else?
Yes I have often thought I have my crazy HA thoughts and often think subconsciously, that I won't get said illness/disease now as I've imagined it but then to actually get something it makes you worry more that you'll get other things, so I understand how you feel.

Been struggling with pain in my chest /taking a deep breath which also hurts for months. Went to the doctors finally about 8 weeks ago. Got given a Inhaler. It hasn't worked. So went back to the doctors got told to have a chest xray. Which I had today , upto 2 weeks for results now... anyone else suffered with this?... Reading up its mainly linking to anxiety.. but I do stress easy.

I see the yearly skin cancer news articles are out just in time for summer 🙃 felt the urge to check my moles now I think one is darker than last time 😪 it looks darker in some pics I took, but in another I took it looks the same colour, I’ve a pic from last July and October of the mole next to one from yesterday and it hasn’t changed shape or size, just worried it’s darker but it might just be because I’m worried ☹ and also another one on my arm that I think has always been there, but I had a spot and I picked it and now it’s healed the freckle, which is right on top of where the spot was, is darker than it used to be. Might go back to the derm for another mole check. I think he checked the mole last year and said it was fine but my thyroid cancer has thrown all my beliefs and doubts up into the air. Maybe he didn’t check hard enough ☹

doesn’t help I didn’t think it would be so hot last Saturday and went to a country fair and got sunburnt on my face and hair parting and chest slightly, so that’s triggered me too

Last edited:
I had very severe HA as a teenager, now I feel like a lot of things in my life are stressing me it’s back with a vengeance. I think I’ve managed to keep it at bay but it’s always been there. I know it’s my wake-up call to address issues from burnout but the way I’m behaving this past month makes me feel like such an idiot. I wish I could dismiss everything as anxiety but I go into catastrophising, if I had wings I’d be flapping away.

• Sad
I had very severe HA as a teenager, now I feel like a lot of things in my life are stressing me it’s back with a vengeance. I think I’ve managed to keep it at bay but it’s always been there. I know it’s my wake-up call to address issues from burnout but the way I’m behaving this past month makes me feel like such an idiot. I wish I could dismiss everything as anxiety but I go into catastrophising, if I had wings I’d be flapping away.
Sorry you’re feeling like this! ❤ But you’ve made the first step which is recognising you’re burnt out and struggling. could you ring your GP and ask for a referral to some counselling?

• Heart
Sorry you’re feeling like this! ❤ But you’ve made the first step which is recognising you’re burnt out and struggling. could you ring your GP and ask for a referral to some counselling?
Thank you 😌 I’m going to look in to some private counselling tomorrow as I don’t think I can wait for NHS. I can’t afford private either, mind, but might need to prioritise it. I feel like I need to turn off the adrenaline tap because it’s unbearable. I might need to get signed off work if this continues, but not keen on the idea.

I hope you’re doing okay? It’s so helpful having this thread, I’ll check out the others.

• Heart
Thank you 😌 I’m going to look in to some private counselling tomorrow as I don’t think I can wait for NHS. I can’t afford private either, mind, but might need to prioritise it. I feel like I need to turn off the adrenaline tap because it’s unbearable. I might need to get signed off work if this continues, but not keen on the idea.

I hope you’re doing okay? It’s so helpful having this thread, I’ll check out the others.
Not exactly a medical, fix but exercise is a great way to get rid of excess adrenaline!
hopefully you don’t have to wait too long for some form of counselling!

I see the yearly skin cancer news articles are out just in time for summer 🙃 felt the urge to check my moles now I think one is darker than last time 😪 it looks darker in some pics I took, but in another I took it looks the same colour, I’ve a pic from last July and October of the mole next to one from yesterday and it hasn’t changed shape or size, just worried it’s darker but it might just be because I’m worried ☹ and also another one on my arm that I think has always been there, but I had a spot and I picked it and now it’s healed the freckle, which is right on top of where the spot was, is darker than it used to be. Might go back to the derm for another mole check. I think he checked the mole last year and said it was fine but my thyroid cancer has thrown all my beliefs and doubts up into the air. Maybe he didn’t check hard enough ☹

doesn’t help I didn’t think it would be so hot last Saturday and went to a country fair and got sunburnt on my face and hair parting and chest slightly, so that’s triggered me too
Oof I totally feel you. I always get triggered around this time of year with all the suncream articles.

One recommendation for taking freckles or mole pics is try to always take them in the place at the same time of day - different lights can make them look very different.

I doubt your derm didn't check it well enough. I had an appt last year and he cleared all mine with the dermoscope and basically told me that when they are in doubt they take them off and send them for biopsy.

Oof I totally feel you. I always get triggered around this time of year with all the suncream articles.

One recommendation for taking freckles or mole pics is try to always take them in the place at the same time of day - different lights can make them look very different.

I doubt your derm didn't check it well enough. I had an appt last year and he cleared all mine with the dermoscope and basically told me that when they are in doubt they take them off and send them for biopsy.
Also don’t take them after you’ve put fake tan on if you wear fake tan 😂

• Haha
I actually have a mole check tomorrow and I'm so nervous, I've convinced myself its the worst scenario 😐

Hi

My dad had a tumour removed recently and today they confirmed it was cancer. It had spread slightly but the surgery removed it all and he is cancer free. They’ve said it’s his choice on whether to have chemotherapy or not to make sure it doesn’t come back. He’s also being tested for Lynch Syndrome. If he has it then there’s a 50% chance I’ll have it which means I’m more likely to get certain types of cancers 😢
Oh lozza so sorry to hear this! Big hugs to you and your dad ❤❤ Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, he may not have it at all! And if he does, he’ll be monitored more closely and so would you before anything even came up! And it’s good they removed it all!

Oh lozza so sorry to hear this! Big hugs to you and your dad ❤❤ Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, he may not have it at all! And if he does, he’ll be monitored more closely and so would you before anything even came up! And it’s good they removed it all!
Thank you and how are you doing? 💕

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.