Health Anxiety #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where to start with vitamins? I’ve been run down with one thing after another and then covid got me.

Where to start with vitamins? I’ve been run down with one thing after another and then covid got me.
If you live in the UK a vitamin D supplement is recommended from October to March as our sunlight does not provide it.

Vitamin C is good but absoprtion is a bit more complicated for it and taking supplements can sometimes just be a waste

Reactions: 1
I took a berroca every day as I felt run down. It helped me. I also ran a humidifier with mint or lavendar at night, don't know if this helped but it didn't do any harm

• Heart
I take Vit D,C and Zinc in the autumn/winter months and if I have a day of feeling run down I swear by Berocca.

• Heart
when you eat iron rich foods, have some citrus with it, eg lemon juice in your water or lemon juice squeezed over your food. Also don’t drink tea or coffee within on hour or more of eating, as this can reduce absorption of some vitamins

I take a multi vitamin and then some specifically for hair and nails as the condition of my hair is rubbish at the minute. I think I got the gummies from my vitamin.

I’ve got an MRI scan tomorrow for a cyst on my ovaries and I’m just so anxious about it 😬😬 I know I won’t even get my results back straight away but I’ve just worked myself up so much over I’m convinced something is wrong. I’ve even convinced my self it’s cancer. How do I get these thoughts out of my head 🥲

I’ve got an MRI scan tomorrow for a cyst on my ovaries and I’m just so anxious about it 😬😬 I know I won’t even get my results back straight away but I’ve just worked myself up so much over I’m convinced something is wrong. I’ve even convinced my self it’s cancer. How do I get these thoughts out of my head 🥲
I know it's strange a bloke replying, but don't worry, it's quite common. My wife has had it. It's PCOD, polycystic ovarian disease probably, easily treatable.

• Heart
I know it's strange a bloke replying, but don't worry, it's quite common. My wife has had it. It's PCOD, polycystic ovarian disease probably, easily treatable.
PCOS is usually a string of multiple cysts, so not necessarily the same thing. Not wanting to scare you Watermelon of course, but it's misinformation to say every cyst is PCOS, because they aren't. I know you are trying to reassure John and that's very kind, but womens ovaries are a complex thing and there's far more going on than just PCOS everytime. Hugs to you though Watermelon, I hope it goes well and you finally get your answers, I've been thinking of you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
PCOS is usually a string of multiple cysts, so not necessarily the same thing. Not wanting to scare you Watermelon of course, but it's misinformation to say every cyst is PCOS, because they aren't. I know you are trying to reassure John and that's very kind, but womens ovaries are a complex thing and there's far more going on than just PCOS everytime. Hugs to you though Watermelon, I hope it goes well and you finally get your answers, I've been thinking of you ❤
thank you 🤍 I know John was just trying to be reassuring, I know it could be anything and PCOS is usually multiple cysts rather than the big just one like I have. Thanks for your thoughts I’m sure I’ll post again when I know some more 🤍

• Heart
thank you 🤍 I know John was just trying to be reassuring, I know it could be anything and PCOS is usually multiple cysts rather than the big just one like I have. Thanks for your thoughts I’m sure I’ll post again when I know some more 🤍
Hope everything goes well! I have a scan this week for cysts too. But US not MRI x

• Heart
Funnily enough was talking to my mum about this last night. When she was a young woman she had a cyst the size of an orange in her womb and had it removed. According to her it was very straight forward and this was over 40 years ago!
If they were concerned it was cancer they would 100% have told you this is what they are looking for. They most probably want to see what else is going on and if there are more cysts etc

• Heart
@PrincessShark how are you lovely? Did you manage to get an app? Been thinking of you x
thank you so much for thinking of me ❤
I had a telephone appointment with the gp,ended up going in and had a very unpleasant examination! Provided a stool sample and I’m just waiting for my colonoscopy appointment in just under 2 weeks.
Very anxious but I’m ready for some answers.

I think it's hard to get the thoughts out of your head even if you don't have Health Anxiety. I have plenty of friends without HA that still worry when they are going for medical procedures etc. It's natural to be scared and anxious. Is someone going with you?

The MRI is not just to check for cancer. It may be they think you have endometriosis and are checking for that. Were you on the pill for a long time as that can help with endometriosis so when you came off it to get pregnant that might be when your symptoms started? I have three friends who had it and one could get pregnant but had miscarriages and the other two struggled to conceive. Do you have any symptoms of it?
  • pain in your lower tummy or back (pelvic pain) – usually worse during your period
  • period pain that stops you doing your normal activities
  • pain during or after sex
  • pain when peeing or pooing during your period
  • feeling sick, constipation, diarrhoea, or blood in your pee or poo during your period
  • difficulty getting pregnant
  • heavy periods
Easier said than done but try not to think of the worst case scenario and know that they are checking for many things, not just the worst.

• Heart
I think it's hard to get the thoughts out of your head even if you don't have Health Anxiety. I have plenty of friends without HA that still worry when they are going for medical procedures etc. It's natural to be scared and anxious. Is someone going with you?

The MRI is not just to check for cancer. It may be they think you have endometriosis and are checking for that. Were you on the pill for a long time as that can help with endometriosis so when you came off it to get pregnant that might be when your symptoms started? I have three friends who had it and one could get pregnant but had miscarriages and the other two struggled to conceive. Do you have any symptoms of it?
  • pain in your lower tummy or back (pelvic pain) – usually worse during your period
  • period pain that stops you doing your normal activities
  • pain during or after sex
  • pain when peeing or pooing during your period
  • feeling sick, constipation, diarrhoea, or blood in your pee or poo during your period
  • difficulty getting pregnant
  • heavy periods
Easier said than done but try not to think of the worst case scenario and know that they are checking for many things, not just the worst.
thank you for your reply! I have been reading about endo and have thought maybe it’s that. I have a few of the symptoms. I know worrying about it being cancer is probably silly of me but I can’t help thinking the worst after what I’ve already been through 😭🙁

Reactions: 2
How did it go? Hope you’re feeling less anxious now.

Went to the dentist today and pointed out a small lumpy bit I can feel down in the bottom of my cheek where my teeth are, I thought it was only like a few mm but he said it’s 5x20mm 😳 still can’t feel what size he thought he felt but he said maybe just mention it to the consultant next time I see him 😰 what does it mean when a medical professional says ‘I’m not saying make an appt specifically for this, but maybe just mention it next time you’re there’?

Like last time I went and he could feel a lump in my salivary gland that I pointed out, they’re things no one would have noticed if I hadn’t had mentioned it ☹ But then I just make myself more worried

How did it go? Hope you’re feeling less anxious now.
Hi I’m sorry I’ve only just seen this post! I’ve had both an mri and an internal scan this week, I will get my results from the mri in a few weeks and the internal just said that my right ovary is swollen and large so they need to wait for the mri results. Just a waiting game I guess now, thank you for asking x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.